1.1.7 Release Notes

Jon_Rettinger

Cars
Air Dream P
DE Number
My car was delivered back from the service center with 1.1.7 installed. Not sure if this is a wide release yet, but wanted to share the release notes. Enjoy. - J

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

This makes the claim by someone on twitter more believable that their car was delivered 10 days ago with DreamDrive and ACC installed.

This makes the claim by someone on twitter more believable that their car was delivered 10 days ago with DreamDrive and ACC installed.
I had a loaner for 2 weeks with it enabled...so I'd say very true.

He also said he has DE #605. He then wouldn’t provide proof of ownership when called out on it. The guy was full of shit.

Finally getting a bunch of updates -- 3 so far today: 1.1.2; 1.1.3; and 1.1.5. But, still behind Jon_Rettinger's 1.1.7 from earlier this week. My DE is still being wrapped, so maybe I'll be caught up by the time the car is ready.

On the other hand, I might be held in my OTA queue position for updates, relative to others. No matter, just keep them coming!

Finally getting a bunch of updates -- 3 so far today: 1.1.2; 1.1.3; and 1.1.5. But, still behind Jon_Rettinger's 1.1.7 from earlier this week. My DE is still being wrapped, so maybe I'll be caught up by the time the car is ready.

On the other hand, I might be held in my OTA queue position for updates, relative to others. No matter, just keep them coming!
What are you wrapping it in??? Need details! Debating it myself.

Should do it like this guy, not a complete blackout, but roof rail and mirrors...

Stek PPF all around with black satin on top silver. Will change to gloss black if I don't like the satin.

I couldn’t bring myself to wrap the red in anything but clear PPF + ceramic. It’s just too beautiful

But they did wrap the matte parts (cantrail, etc) in stealth to keep it matte and it looks great.

Getting it tinted next Thursday. Excited for that. Will post photos and the shop (JLenin here in San Jose) is gonna do a video.

@Paladin732 and I asked about 1.1.7 and it was extremely clear that @Jon_Rettinger having it was very much not “approved by management” haha. Ain’t no way anybody but him is getting it for now. Thanks for beta testing it! :p

I’m also pushing them to build a beta program for those of us that like breaking our cars like me, and I know they’re talking about it internally. :)

I couldn’t bring myself to wrap the red in anything but clear PPF + ceramic. It’s just too beautiful

But they did wrap the matte parts (cantrail, etc) in stealth to keep it matte and it looks great.

Getting it tinted next Thursday. Excited for that. Will post photos and the shop (JLenin here in San Jose) is gonna do a video.
Do you mind posting a picture of your car? I'm getting red GT and I would love to see how it looks with a wrap (never done a wrap before). Is it just clear?

A comment earlier today about sunlight coming brightly through the door windows is making me consider tinting them. I really hadn't consider it before. Is that what you are doing? What tint %?

Do you mind posting a picture of your car? I'm getting red GT and I would love to see how it looks with a wrap (never done a wrap before). Is it just clear?

Enjoy: https://gallery.bayareadetails.com/Lucid/Lucid-Air-Dream-Edition-Zenith-Red-Full-PPF-Wrap/

(The second car that appears later in the photos is actually @Paladin732’s - he brought his in the day I picked mine up. So his is washed and cleaned and mine is wrapped. See if you can spot the difference )

A comment earlier today about sunlight coming brightly through the door windows is making me consider tinting them. I really hadn't consider it before. Is that what you are doing? What tint %?

That was me, lol. I haven’t decided yet on the % but thinking 35%. Got a few samples I’ll test out over the next few days in some sunlight. Doing the side windows and rear window - gonna be really interesting for them to do because the windows are sort of frameless, and the rear window is *so freaking close* to the rear; hard to get a squeegee in there, but if anyone can do it it’s JLenin .

Couldn't tell the difference (which is good)

Yup. Honestly stealth on black would look sick, but I just love the red so much I couldn’t do it. The varying tones in the light is just too beautiful.

That was me, lol. I haven’t decided yet on the % but thinking 35%. Got a few samples I’ll test out over the next few days in some sunlight. Doing the side windows and rear window - gonna be really interesting for them to do because the windows are sort of frameless, and the rear window is *so freaking close* to the rear; hard to get a squeegee in there, but if anyone can do it it’s JLenin .

@hydbob what % and film did you do? Did you do the side windows only or also the rear? And what about the front windshield? I worry about it fading into the existing tint.

How did the shop you used handle the rear? Was it an issue?

Hope it works out. I must say the clear PPF on my Red really makes it pop. Can't imagine what the ceramic will add underneath. We'll see you coming from a ways off! :cool: Will be breathtaking.

Back