It could be 256GB is too large for Lucid. I have a 16GB Sandisk Ultra fit formated with FAT32. I have not experience any issues.
I used this stick successfully for a week in the car. When I got in the car to go to dinner this evening I put a different stick in the car that had also worked last week. I got the same error message. This is a problem with the car, NOT with my sticks.

It’s not Alexa, its Navigation voice was changed. Anyone noticed?
I noticed that.
I also noticed the music level remains the same as long as I get in the car the same way, e.g., mobile key, fob, app…

Good luck with that!

So, I am not to bring up any issues but post only glowing praise for my car?

I can't tell you how many times I've posted that, aside from software issues, the Air is far and away the best car I've ever owned and that our next vehicle will be a Gravity. However, I am among the unlucky owners who have been plagued with software issues since I received the car over 14 months ago. And this forum has been the place to go when I need to figure out if I'm experiencing a problem that others are experiencing or seeing something particular to my car only, as each scenario suggests a different route for me to pursue.

Same! I’m addicted to OTAs and find myself checking in here several times a day hoping to see a post that says OTA 2.0.60.
I'm the same too. First EV and I am addicted to the OTA updates to see how the Air changes and improves!

So, I am not to bring up any issues but post only glowing praise for my car?

I can't tell you how many times I've posted that, aside from software issues, the Air is far and away the best car I've ever owned and that our next vehicle will be a Gravity. However, I am among the unlucky owners who have been plagued with software issues since I received the car over 14 months ago. And this forum has been the place to go when I need to figure out if I'm experiencing a problem that others are experiencing or seeing something particular to my car only, as each scenario suggests a different route for me to pursue.
You’re fine - I don’t think that was meant as an attack. No mods have had any issues with your posts, to my knowledge. Keep on keepin’ on.

After 2.0.55 the past week, I have noticed on a couple of occasions, the entire sound system is 'dead. I mean eveything. No Alexa, no audible notifications for the turn indicators, no music, no warning, nada. Just a very silent car. And secondly, the wipers don't work. (I have videos of both.)

On both occasions, I reset (got out, key card lock, came back after more than 15 minutes, and everything is normal).

Has anyone else experienced this?

After 2.0.55 the past week, I have noticed on a couple of occasions, the entire sound system is 'dead. I mean eveything. No Alexa, no audible notifications for the turn indicators, no music, no warning, nada. Just a very silent car. And secondly, the wipers don't work. (I have videos of both.)

On both occasions, I reset (got out, key card lock, came back after more than 15 minutes, and everything is normal).

This was a bug prior to 2.0.55 and is still present. It happened to me once last week also on 2.0.55. Simple reboot fixed it.

Just FYI, when I lock car with key card I only have to wait about 30 seconds before I hear a click indicating it has reset.

I haven't seen the problem with the wipers, but we've had the car go silent this way several times. And the turn signals and warning sounds also go silent more frequently without the main audio system going out.

After two days and several reboots of our car not reading a USB music stick, the car is now reading it again.

However, during this time I tried using the USB port in our 2018 Honda Odyssey. (As that car has a CD player and Sirius Satellite Radio, I had never used it before.) All three of the sticks I had tried in the Lucid played faultlessly in the Honda. Even the 256gb stick with 102gb of music files loaded within about five minutes and gave access to everything on the stick. Even when the Lucid was working with the other two smaller sticks, I had never been able to get this large stick to play on the Air no matter how long I gave it to upload. It would just start a song, and before it was over the stick started loading again.

My computer programmer friends tells me this probably means the Lucid has not dedicated as much memory to the buffer as the Honda has.

After two days and several reboots of our car not reading a USB music stick, the car is now reading it again.

However, during this time I tried using the USB port in our 2018 Honda Odyssey. (As that car has a CD player and Sirius Satellite Radio, I had never used it before.) All three of the sticks I had tried in the Lucid played faultlessly in the Honda. Even the 256gb stick with 102gb of music files loaded within about five minutes and gave access to everything on the stick. Even when the Lucid was working with the other two smaller sticks, I had never been able to get this large stick to play on the Air no matter how long I gave it to upload. It would just start a song, and before it was over the stick started loading again.

My computer programmer friends tells me this probably means the Lucid has not dedicated as much memory to the buffer as the Honda has.
That sounds like a reasonable theory. USB audio in the Lucid was either something they planned early and then punted on, or they decided to do it much later and never planned for it in the early days. Either way, it’s a work in progress. There are all sorts of things they could do to increase the memory available to music. Including not loading the entire stick at once. But think of this as 1.0 of the USB music app. It’ll get better over time. The Honda is stuck with whatever it has now forever.

Back