Looking forward to the day you post "everything is wonderful I love my car ." story of Job.

Me, too. The "I love my car" piece fell into place the day I took delivery. Software issues have made getting to "everything is wonderful" a bit of a slog.

There is one big difference with the Lucid, though, and other cars I have owned. The others have been mostly static experiences: the things I liked that enticed me to buy them and the compromises I accepted remained relatively unchanged during my ownership.

By contrast -- and especially in comparing the Lucid day-in and day-out to living with our Model S Plaid -- I find the Lucid continues to grow on me, despite the software rankles that I hoped would be gone by now. Every time I return to the Lucid after driving the Tesla, the Lucid feels just that much better sorted. I feel as if I'm still in the process of breaking in the finest pair of Italian shoes I've ever worn.

But then the software does something hinky, and it feels like a lace snapped again.

My Lucid lost all cellular internet connectivity after the upgrade (home wifi connectivity was not affected). While I can live without Alexa and other mobile app services, this issue became much more than an inconvenience when I went to charge at EA.

Due to an known, ongoing issue with EA (bug on their side), my car cannot authenticate to EA without the app. Since the app thinks the car is offline because it cannot connect to the car over the cell network (I tried with and without Bluetooth several times), I had no other choice than to use the EA app and pay for the charge.

I'm going to retest cell connectivity later today but wanted to highlight to other Lucid Owners in my shoes (who still have no choice other than using the Lucid App to authenticate to EA) that when the app cannot connect to the car, you'll have the same issue so beware and plan for the contingency (e.g. download the EA app for direct payment).

My Lucid lost all cellular internet connectivity after the upgrade (home wifi connectivity was not affected). While I can live without Alexa and other mobile app services, this issue became much more than an inconvenience when I went to charge at EA.

Due to an known, ongoing issue with EA (bug on their side), my car cannot authenticate to EA without the app. Since the app thinks the car is offline because it cannot connect to the car over the cell network (I tried with and without Bluetooth several times), I had no other choice than to use the EA app and pay for the charge.

I'm going to retest cell connectivity later today but wanted to highlight to other Lucid Owners in my shoes (who still have no choice other than using the Lucid App to authenticate to EA) that when the app cannot connect to the car, you'll have the same issue so beware and plan for the contingency (e.g. download the EA app for direct payment).
If it happens again, call EA on their toll-free number; it's posted on the charger. They will ask you for your name and the last 8 digits of your VIN number. That happened to me twice, and EA was able to remotely access the charger with no charge (fee) to me. I've not experienced that with .55. You might need CS to clear any malingering codes.

You may want to contact Customer Service with a complaint. I'd bet they will reimburse you for the EA charge.

Like a lot of users, I was frustrated when scheduled charging didn’t work in 2.0.52. So I was very happy when Lucid fixed the problem so quickly. I’ve used the feature daily since installing 2.0.55 without any problems.

But I want to call out another fix in 2.0.52 that was a big success for me right from the start, and that’s Bluetooth connectivity. I have had consistent problems playing audio from my iPhone since I received my AGT last September. About 75% of the time when I returned to the car it would show audio playing but not make a sound. I could only regain sound by turning off bluetooth and then re-pairing my phone, which was time consuming and annoying. So I’m delighted to report that, since I installed 2.0.52 (and 2.0.55), my Bluetooth audio has come on every time I have tried it. A minor quibble is that the car will start playing music or an audiobook when I renter the car, even when I pause them before getting out. I’d rather have the car remember that audio was turned off when I got out and wait for me to turn it back on. But that’s a detail. Having audio that works consistently, along with scheduled charging, has substantially improved my quality of life. So, well done Lucid!

Is anyone having trouble getting the USB port to read a music stick?

I've had a USB 3.1 stick in the car for about a week and, other than having to reload every time I get in the car, it has been working fine. (However, I can only put just over 5% of my music library on the stick, as anything more causes the system to go back into "loading" mode before even a single song completes. I've been thinking about making several sticks for different genres.)

Today I got in the car, hit the music icon on the screen, and immediately got this message:

"Check that your flash drive is properly formatted and that it has readable media files".

I removed and reinstalled the stick three times. After reinstallation, the yellow circle would start spinning and load up to 10%, then stall and display "Unavailable", and then after a few seconds again put up the above message. I went on my way and let the car reboot twice while I ran into some places to do errands. Neither reboot corrected the problem.

With so much of our driving out of cell phone reach even in heavily-developed areas of our town, I was very excited to be able to use the USB port for getting music in the car.

So much for that . . . .

I've had a USB 3.1 stick in the car for about a week and, other than having to reload every time I get in the car, it has been working fine. (However, I can only put just over 5% of my music library on the stick, as anything more causes the system to go back into "loading" mode before even a single song completes. I've been thinking about making several sticks for different genres.)

Today I got in the car, hit the music icon on the screen, and immediately got this message:

"Check that your flash drive is properly formatted and that it has readable media files".

I removed and reinstalled the stick three times. After reinstallation, the yellow circle would start spinning and load up to 10%, then stall and display "Unavailable", and then after a few seconds again put up the above message. I went on my way and let the car reboot twice while I ran into some places to do errands. Neither reboot corrected the problem.

With so much of our driving out of cell phone reach even in heavily-developed areas of our town, I was very excited to be able to use the USB port for getting music in the car.

So much for that . . . .
Perhaps try a different brand of USB stick? This reads like the stick itself has flaky hardware.

So much for that . . . .
It also depends on the capacity of the stick. I loaded a 4gb stick and it was almost instant. Tried a 64gb and it took over 10 minutes. Try reformatting it again and see what happens.

Looks like everyone is happy with this version of the software and so stopped looking at router download logs to see if the next update is getting ready 😊.

So much for that . . . .
I had that happen a couple times. I think I have approx 1500 songs on the stick. It has been working flawlessly this last week until this hiccup last night. Now working again

Did Navigation Alexa changed her voice in 2.0.52 or 2.0.55? Two things I have noticed on this morning long drive.

- Navigation voice now sounds like 10 year older Alexa
- the map is more detailed resolution on right cockpit screen.

Did Navigation Alexa changed her voice in 2.0.52 or 2.0.55? Two things I have noticed on this morning long drive.

- Navigation voice now sounds like 10 year older Alexa
- the map is more detailed resolution on right cockpit screen.
"Alexa, change your voice" I picked a British lady, now the Lucid sounds really sophisticated

"Alexa, change your voice" I picked a British lady, now the Lucid sounds really sophisticated
Ha! did the same without telling wifey. She looked up from her phone work when Alexa spoke and said” why does Alexa sound like a character from Downton Abby?”

It also depends on the capacity of the stick. I loaded a 4gb stick and it was almost instant. Tried a 64gb and it took over 10 minutes. Try reformatting it again and see what happens.

This is a 256gb 3.1 stick but has less than 13gb of data on it. It was loading in about 2 minutes before today's incident.

I see that CraZ8 had the same thing happen to him last evening. I don't think it's the USB stick, as it had been working fine until today.

Ha! did the same without telling wifey. She looked up from her phone work when Alexa spoke and said” why does Alexa sound like a character from Downton Abby?”

It’s not Alexa, it’s Navigation voice was changed. Anyone noticed?

It’s not Alexa, it’s Navigation voice was changed. Anyone noticed?
Nope you ask Alexa to change her voice and she gives you several options

Good point. The schedule should be geofenced. The default should be the home address.
On my car I have set the schedule for 80% for home charging and 100% for fast charging. If I wanted to change the home setting, it would only take a second to change the setting to 100%. Is it hard to change the setting on the Lucid?

On my car I have set the schedule for 80% for home charging and 100% for fast charging. If I wanted to change the home setting, it would only take a second to change the setting to 100%. Is it hard to change the setting on the Lucid?
The max charge, you mean? That can be set easily in the app or on the Pilot Panel. The only limitation is you can’t set it below the current charge. So if you are currently at 90%, you can’t set it to 80 until the car actually drops below that.

This is a 256gb 3.1 stick but has less than 13gb of data on it. It was loading in about 2 minutes before today's incident.

I see that CraZ8 had the same thing happen to him last evening. I don't think it's the USB stick, as it had been working fine until today.
It could be 256GB is too large for Lucid. I have a 16GB Sandisk Ultra fit formated with FAT32. I have not experience any issues.

Looks like everyone is happy with this version of the software and so stopped looking at router download logs to see if the next update is getting ready 😊.
I am ready for the next one!

Back