2.0.71 this morning!

We used the Nav system on a trip to the Riviera Beach Service Center just over a week ago (while still on 2.0.68) and it took several tries for the system to locate the address. Some of the tries resulted in hits not even remotely similar to the address we were giving.

One of the issues the Service Center was addressing was that the car sporadically failed to recognized the key fob and required the key card for entry. Another issue was that if we stopped the car and put it in park (but with the driver remaining behind the wheel and the car still turned on) for passengers to exit the rear seat, the car would not go back into drive. Sometimes it would do so after waiting a couple of minutes, and sometimes it required me to punch in the PIN.

The Service Center rebooted the system in an attempt to correct the problem and also replaced the battery in the key fob. It worked for a few days, but the problem returned two days ago. Sometimes while I'm driving along, a message will pop up that no key fob is detected, even though it's in my pocket. (Customer Service told me that is happening to some drivers if they put the key in the cupholders in the center console, as the signal gets blocked.) So I changed the battery again, in case the replacement from the Service Center was defective.

Also, when I returned from the Service Center, I reset the charge limit to 80%. (I had raised it for the trip.) For the next few days, the car would stop charging at 70-72%, and I could only restart charging by hitting "Start Charging" on the phone app. The charge limit was still showing as 80%, but the car just wouldn't reach it without a prod.

In short, the current software is more plagued with bugs than it's been recently.
These issues sound like what was described from a loose connector in thr fob antenna. Have that checked out.

These issues sound like what was described from a loose connector in thr fob antenna. Have that checked out.
I was going to say, this feels more like a hardware issue than software to me.

It would not affect the mobile key but something on the receiver side would affect both.
It's the antenna that is about 6 inches towards the passenger side from the mic in the b pillar. Supposedly, it is for both mobile key and fob, which means it is the BT antenna?

Wouldn't the Service Center have checked this while they were troubleshooting the issue? Also, would that cause the odd behavior with the charge limit?

Wouldn't the Service Center have checked this while they were troubleshooting the issue? Also, would that cause the odd behavior with the charge limit?
I've spoken to a specialized technician and the answer is maybe. He will remain unnamed, but he encountered a bug in a vehicle which only occurred once a day at a specific time and at no other times during the day. It took the engineers about 2 weeks to finally nail down that the CCC module was throwing errors with highway assist...so who knows what problems can occur in these systems. Also note that, it was only after they figured this out that they were now able to add in an error log for this specific incident. Prior to this discovery, the car did not show any errors.

One of the issues the Service Center was addressing was that the car sporadically failed to recognized the key fob and required the key card for entry. Another issue was that if we stopped the car and put it in park (but with the driver remaining behind the wheel and the car still turned on) for passengers to exit the rear seat, the car would not go back into drive. Sometimes it would do so after waiting a couple of minutes, and sometimes it required me to punch in the PIN.
I have had that exact thing happen to me several times. I will pull up to the curb, airport, etc., put the car in park to pick up or drop off a passenger and the car will not go back into drive. It says key fob not found, then eventually wants me to input the pin. once At the airport, security was yelling at me to move my car. Had to tell them, I’m trying!!!
I have told CS about it several times, but nothing has happened. I agree, love to drive the car, but the software has been frustrating to me.

Also, when I returned from the Service Center, I reset the charge limit to 80%. (I had raised it for the trip.) For the next few days, the car would stop charging at 70-72%, and I could only restart charging by hitting "Start Charging" on the phone app. The charge limit was still showing as 80%, but the car just wouldn't reach it without a prod.

This mystery got solved at dinner tonight. While dining out with friends, I got an automated call from our power company saying that the excessive heat and rain in south Florida has spiked vegetation growth and that our frequent daily power blip-outs (we had 4 last evening and 6 today) were caused by limbs rubbing against power lines. We have also been having evening brown-outs due to A/C loads on the grid.

There were two other EV owners at dinner -- a Chevy Bolt and a VW ID.4 -- and the VW owner brought up that maybe that was why his car's charge limit was malfunctioning . . . in exactly the way ours was. Then the Bolt owner chimed in that he was having the same experience.

So, this looks to be a symptom of power interruptions and not the result of Lucid software bugs. Interestingly, though, our Tesla is not experiencing the issue with reaching its charge limit.

Back