2.0.71 this morning!

bryanackermann

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
QOUIH00M
Got a software update notice for my GT, but not the one I was expecting! The release notes had not a lot of detail - were centered around communications and the update experience (sorry - didn't take a screenshot).

Perhaps the resolution to the 'hold' for the larger update?

Same. No noticeable difference. Guessing a bug fix before the larger update based on feedback from the initial tester group who had the larger.

Just hit my app as well. Looks like a 5 minute update so its nothing major.

Screenshot_20230711-062720.png

Yay?

No, I got .71 this morning, while washing the car. Never got the bigger, previous update.
That's what I mean. I got the larger update a week and a half ago but I have no notification about this update. So This smaller one is only going out to people that have not received the larger update already. I'm guessing that means some type of smaller patch will be sent out to those of us who already got the larger update

That's what I mean. I got the larger update a week and a half ago but I have no notification about this update. So This smaller one is only going out to people that have not received the larger update already. I'm guessing that means some type of smaller patch will be sent out to those of us who already got the larger update
Yes. Note the numbering… it precedes 2.1.2.

Yes. Note the numbering… it precedes 2.1.2.
Lol yeah I thought about that as I was typing. Do you anticipate another update for those who already got 2.1.2? I haven't really noticed any bugs unless the vehicle offline message in the app yesterday was related

I received it also. Updating now.

Lol yeah I thought about that as I was typing. Do you anticipate another update for those who already got 2.1.2? I haven't really noticed any bugs unless the vehicle offline message in the app yesterday was related
Not sure. I will post here if I can get any information.

My experience with MS for our office network may give some insight. Software updates have two components: the delivery system and the new code. The delivery system is critical, it handles all the quirks of installing the new code by applying patches to the old. If the delivery system is not robust, the new code will never get applied. That what often leads to Failed Update. The update code itself was not faulty or bad, but the delivery system could not apply it successfully.

My guess is that Lucid had issues delivering/installing the massive 2.1.2 code into our car databases, and needed to make its delivery software more robust.

Works for me. Beats the twice yearly maximum “OTA” you get with other dealers and then have to bring it in to get them to do it.

My experience with MS for our office network may give some insight. Software updates have two components: the delivery system and the new code. The delivery system is critical, it handles all the quirks of installing the new code by applying patches to the old. If the delivery system is not robust, the new code will never get applied. That what often leads to Failed Update. The update code itself was not faulty or bad, but the delivery system could not apply it successfully.

My guess is that Lucid had issues delivering/installing the massive 2.1.2 code into our car databases, and needed to make its delivery software more robust.
This is a very good theory. We have no way of knowing for sure. But this would be my best guess. They found some cars were having trouble with the update, so they throw in this shim to fix whatever was causing those failed updates.

One thing that would help back this theory up is if we see 2.1.2 going out to folks in a few days after 2.0.71 gets installed.

Back