• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DD Versions, Trial, and Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the point of the entire post, I can guess you already have DDPro.
Now, the subscription used was wrongly worded, I know it is a one time payment.
The main point I made which you agree with but don't even realize it, is that it should be sold at the current price (read my text again) It makes absolutely no sense to sell it higher than the "original or current price"
Now for your second part - "lets try it your way"....
My way is they should make the offer now, after the 90 day period NOT when the 90 day period is offered. isn't that the whole point of the trial?.... buy at x price now or at a premium after it expires...

Do you get it now?
So up-front purchase should be the same price as delayed? Most companies have a “prepay” discount.

No. I don't. What you are describing is exactly what they are doing. They are offering you a chance to purchase after the trial ended at a higher price.

Are you saying they should say the price will be higher when you buy the car, and then backtrack on that and offer it for the same price after 90 days?

I'm so confused.
No they are now offering it higher than the current price. They said it will be higher than the legacy price which is fine, but they are selling for higher than the current price atleast 20% more.
The only way this makes sense is if everyone had a different initial price.
In my case, the current price is higher than the original price I was offered so this is current price + x for me.
Again if DDpro had significantly improved we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Lastly I'm hearing that buying DDPrem now will not allow for adding DDPro later, rather you will be buying DDPro at probably a much higher price even though you already paid for some of those features... to me it's bad practice, because they will lose out on potential sales.

So up-front purchase should be the same price as delayed? Most companies have a “prepay” discount.
I think I see the misunderstanding... In my case my upfront purchase is lower than the current price. When I placed my order I was told I will lose legacy pricing which I'm fine with. I didn't expect to be charged non legacy + X

I think I see the misunderstanding... In my case my upfront purchase is lower than the current price. When I placed my order I was told I will lose legacy pricing which I'm fine with. I didn't expect to be charged non legacy + X
I see. So you are fine with what Lucid is currently doing, except in the case of you and others who were originally on legacy pricing?

So Lucid should be offering legacy customers some sort of legacy upgrade price? Higher than the OG, but less than what they are offering non-legacy buyers? And that offer should expire in say 30 days? I could see that.

I guess they could have gone that way. Would be more to keep track of, more confusion for what must amount to a small number of customers, though. They likely deemed it not wort the potential confusion. They have enough trouble communicating to their staff as it is.

I remember when they announced the whole legacy thing thinking they'd want to get past the entire concept of "legacy" as soon as possible. Thus, pushing buyers with the 30-day "$hit or get off the pot" on their orders.

Accountants hate having lingering discrepancies between unit costs long-term.

Having said that, it couldn't hurt to ask your DA if they would consider giving you a break on the price. Given your situation. What do you have to lose? All they can say is no, in which case you are in the same boat you are in now.

I see. So you are fine with what Lucid is currently doing, except in the case of you and others who were originally on legacy pricing?

So Lucid should be offering legacy customers some sort of legacy upgrade price? Higher than the OG, but less than what they are offering non-legacy buyers? And that offer should expire in say 30 days? I could see that.

I guess they could have gone that way. Would be more to keep track of, more confusion for what must amount to a small number of customers, though. They likely deemed it not wort the potential confusion. They have enough trouble communicating to their staff as it is.

I remember when they announced the whole legacy thing thinking they'd want to get past the entire concept of "legacy" as soon as possible. Thus, pushing buyers with the 30-day "$hit or get off the pot" on their orders.

Accountants hate having lingering discrepancies between unit costs long-term.

Having said that, it couldn't hurt to ask your DA if they would consider giving you a break on the price. Given your situation. What do you have to lose? All they can say is no, in which case you are in the same boat you are in now.
Yeah I think this cleared up. It didn't occur to me that a lot of users had the non legacy price to start with.
I can see how it will be a mess for Lucid to handle.
I'll probably pass on even asking for a 'discount' price, as it is not still worth it right now. I will have to take whatever I get with it improves substantially (time value of money for me)

Thanks for your patience in responding

No. I don't. What you are describing is exactly what they are doing. They are offering you a chance to purchase after the trial ended at a higher price.

Are you saying they should say the price will be higher when you buy the car, and then backtrack on that and offer it for the same price after 90 days?

I'm so confused.
This is sort of similar to what car companies do for extended warranties. The longer you wait to sign up, the higher the cost. Lucid gives you a choice. What more can you ask for?

This is sort of similar to what car companies do for extended warranties. The longer you wait to sign up, the higher the cost. Lucid gives you a choice. What more can you ask for?
My DDPro trial ended today. I have no interest in the auto driving but I like the side cameras and the 360* surround screen. I received an email stating that I can buy it later if I decide not to purchase it now. I really don’t think that it is worth $2500 so I plan to wait. I think it is fair of them to charge more now as buying the car was somewhat of a leap of faith. They sort of rewarded us with lower pricing especially those that made their deposit before June 2022 when they raised the price substantially. Buy it if you think it’s worth it. Right now - I don’t.

My DDPro trial ended today. I have no interest in the auto driving but I like the side cameras and the 360* surround screen. I received an email stating that I can buy it later if I decide not to purchase it now. I really don’t think that it is worth $2500 so I plan to wait. I think it is fair of them to charge more now as buying the car was somewhat of a leap of faith. They sort of rewarded us with lower pricing especially those that made their deposit before June 2022 when they raised the price substantially. Buy it if you think it’s worth it. Right now - I don’t.
I realize that I'm probably in the minority here. But, I'm kinda glad I don't have the 360 view anymore. I found it a little distracting and even disorienting at times when I was driving at slow speeds or when going from reverse to forward. But, I also hate VR headsets and animated amusement park rides. They also give me headaches. So, when my eyes are seeing one thing out the windshield and another view (which was very new and odd to me) on the pilot panel, I didn't like it. Yes, I know I could just click the x to close it or just not look at it. But, like I said, I found it distracting and taking my eyes off the road to find the x to close it wasn't the best option either. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully, when DDP gets better and to the point where I want to buy it, there will be an option to not have it turn on automatically. Or was that already there and I missed it?

Have you lost the surround view already?

The practice is pretty much prevalent with all car brands. The worst offender imo is Cadillac. They charge you upfront for supercruise and then it's a monthly fee after 3 year to keep it working. They recently did some change to 2021 models deactivating automatic lane change and sending emails that it will cost $700 to activate it while I perfectly remember car changing lanes by itself on my trip to Orlando. They also limited the change to 2021 models and 2022 models don't have to pay for it.

Mine was gone yesterday. App notified me first thing yesterday morning that DDP and SSP trials had expired.
GM….so when the car is in reverse , is there anything displayed in the panel when in reverse?

GM….so when the car is in reverse , is there anything displayed in the panel when in reverse?
Yes. There is an image of the car and animated lines in front and behind it showing distances to obstacles similar to the lines that you would see on the upper display. Just no camera images of the surroundings. But I still wish there was a way to deactivate it from displaying automatically. I don't need a display on the pilot panel that pretty much does the same thing as the display above. I'd prefer to keep whatever screen I had on the pilot panel there and then change it if I want to

Yes. There is an image of the car and animated lines in front and behind it showing distances to obstacles similar to the lines that you would see on the upper display. Just no camera images of the surroundings. But I still wish there was a way to deactivate it from displaying automatically. I don't need a display on the pilot panel that pretty much does the same thing as the display above. I'd prefer to keep whatever screen I had on the pilot panel there and then change it if I want to
Do you mind taking a pic? Super curious how they implemented this.

20230706_103539.jpg

So it doesn't provide any information not available from the front/back camera views on the screen above the pilot panel, and is much less useful than the UI it automatically hides...

Wasn't thrilled to buy DD Premium but this makes me glad I did so.

So it doesn't provide any information not available from the front/back camera views on the screen above the pilot panel, and is much less useful than the UI it automatically hides...

Wasn't thrilled to buy DD Premium but this makes me glad I did so.
If I was in your situation, I'd be glad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back