Speculation Lucid UX 3.0

This is an interesting problem as it seems to be more of an issue in lighter rain. I drove 600 miles from Ohio to Rhode Island in a heavy rain storm and had HA on through much of it to help out and only got the Lidar blocked error one time. I’m not saying it’s not an issue, it has room for improvement but the pattern I’ve noticed is in milder rain it seems to error more than heavier rain.
I'll try to pay attention to the rainfall the next time I get LIDAR blocked. During the rain I have to constantly adjust the wiper speed for the varying rainfall.

No one mentioned Hyundai group ADAS in this thread as far as I can tell. I used ADAS in Kia Sorrento. I rented it in late May and it was not the highest end trim. It did steering and speed control very well. My wife now has ioniq 5 RWD Limited. It also does lane change very well and its equivalent of Lucid HA is very smooth. So, I know that it can be done without LIDAR though LiIDAR definitely can detect 3D objects much better when there is no rain and snow or mud blocking it. Also, the key fob can used in ioniq 5 to pull it out of tight space in my garage without me being in it. That feature is nice to use in a parking lot when there is another car too close to it. Lucid can add more features for sure if they want to and I am sure that it is a matter of when and not if (except I gave up on AA on Lucid Air and therefore I will not consider Gravity without it). Right now I feel that Lucid Air DDp ADAS is very stable.

Only a brave few can really be in the Never forget 1.0.4
Over Macho Grande? I'll never get over Macho Grande. Hope all of y'all have been doing well!

Yep, still alive. Car is still functioning approaching 30k miles. I will say that I broke down and switched to 20" wheels about 6 months ago and it has been a great decision. Looks like most of the crew from 1.0 is still here!

Yep, still alive. Car is still functioning approaching 30k miles. I will say that I broke down and switched to 20" wheels about 6 months ago and it has been a great decision. Looks like most of the crew from 1.0 is still here!
Woo! Missed you, bud! Switched from the 21s? Run into issues or just anxiety? 😂

Just 6 replacement tires in a year and a half! So half of my issues with the car have been fixed with that switch. Good to hear from you Borski!

It’s good to have you back. I still have the 21” wheels and zero problems. How are you doing on windshields?

It’s good to have you back. I still have the 21” wheels and zero problems. How are you doing on windshields?
Just living with the cracks, especially given that the 101 road work has started. That's the other half of my problems...so overall not too bad. Have only had one other minor issue - the volume button on the steering wheel fell off. But one new wheel later, all fixed. It's drives like the day I got her. The updates have been nice. My only dilemma is how seriously should I look at the Gravity :).

Just living with the cracks, especially given that the 101 road work has started. That's the other half of my problems...so overall not too bad. Have only had one other minor issue - the volume button on the steering wheel fell off. But one new wheel later, all fixed. It's drives like the day I got her. The updates have been nice. My only dilemma is how seriously should I look at the Gravity :).
Very

Back to UX3.0: I'm really hoping that it is a modern app-based UX with an app store and a choice of Google Maps, Waze, etc for nav. There are reasons that all surviving mobile phone UX architectures are using this model now, and all the others have disappeared. Can't think of why cars would be different from phones for navigation and media-related functions. IMO this approach has been very successful for Volvo, Polestar, etc.

Back to UX3.0: I'm really hoping that it is a modern app-based UX with an app store and a choice of Google Maps, Waze, etc for nav. There are reasons that all surviving mobile phone UX architectures are using this model now, and all the others have disappeared. Can't think of why cars would be different from phones for navigation and media-related functions. IMO this approach has been very successful for Volvo, Polestar, etc.
I think a great way to imagine how this would/could look is to see the cadillac lyriq, which does have google maps:
1705008703360.png

I hope Lucid integrates it as well as cadillac did!

Last edited:
I think a great way to imagine how this would/could look is to see the cadillac lyriq, which does have google maps:
View attachment 17584
I hope Lucid integrates it as well as cadillac did!
They didn’t even try to pretend that they weren’t ripping off Lucid’s display design.

They didn’t even try to pretend that they weren’t ripping off Lucid’s display design.
They called it the "largest continuous single display" and then the Gravity beat it by one inch. That part was HILARIOUS because its almost like Lucid purposefully wanted to stick it to them for copying it! The original is ALWAYS the best..

Back