Broken Door Mechanism & Lucid's Solution!?

Patrick L

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Our Lucid Air Touring's driver door mechanism broke when my wife drove it to her work place this morning. After getting in touch with Lucid Customer Care, the care first agent advised me that driver can still exit from passenger side door and the service center will contact me in 24 to 48 hours to start the resolution process. Ostensibly, the car was functional enough to NOT warrant an immediate response and/or mobile service. When I called Lucid Customer Care back, the second agent advised me on the same 24 to 48 hour wait on call-back, transferred me to Service Center where I was put on hold for 1/2 hour before I was dropped from the queue. All-in-all, it was a poor service experience, especially for a luxury brand product. I can't imagine Lexus telling their customers that crawling across your car when you need to get out as an acceptable egress solution and that they might call you back in 2 days.

(Problem Description: It made a grinding noise when it first broke. It makes clicking sounds when she attempts to unlock via key fob. The driver door handle doesn't present itself. The driver door can't be opened from the inside.)

My questions are these:
1. Has anyone experienced the same type of door problems?
2. How did the Lucid customer care and service team respond to your problems?

Thanks in advance for any insight and experience you can share.

Just to be sure, have you tried pulling the inside release mechanism all the way back for a manual release? The same way you normally open from inside, just pull harder.

Our Lucid Air Touring's driver door mechanism broke when my wife drove it to her work place this morning. After getting in touch with Lucid Customer Care, the care first agent advised me that driver can still exit from passenger side door and the service center will contact me in 24 to 48 hours to start the resolution process. Ostensibly, the car was functional enough to NOT warrant an immediate response and/or mobile service. When I called Lucid Customer Care back, the second agent advised me on the same 24 to 48 hour wait on call-back, transferred me to Service Center where I was put on hold for 1/2 hour before I was dropped from the queue. All-in-all, it was a poor service experience, especially for a luxury brand product. I can't imagine Lexus telling their customers that crawling across your car when you need to get out as an acceptable egress solution and that they might call you back in 2 days.

(Problem Description: It made a grinding noise when it first broke. It makes clicking sounds when she attempts to unlock via key fob. The driver door handle doesn't present itself. The driver door can't be opened from the inside.)

My questions are these:

I had this happen to my front passenger door. It was an easy fix with a mobile service visit. I could easily open the door from the inside, however, so the driver should be able to get out of you car.

I also had a similar failure (just last week). With mine it was the passenger door behind the driver. I had a mobile visit. Ryan did excellent work and had it replaced in a little over two hours. I did have to wait several days for the visit, but it was well worth NOT having to drive over 2 hours one way to have it serviced. He replaced the entire door opening/presentation mechanism. I did call the Scottsdale service center to arrange for service.

Now that I've a few days to think about it, the Lucid Customer Care was probably a fan of the film 300.
[Channeling Dillios] That's why our design team gave you 3 spare doors you can use. LOL.

That said, Lucid's response has been very good after that initial faux pas. The mobile service is working on the faulty door lock mechanism as I post this message.

My questions are these:

I had a similar issue. The door sensor said the door was open even though it was closed and I couldn't drive the car. Fortunately it happened while I was home. The service center in Tysons Gallaria had towed it in and repaired it. I got the car back the next day. They kept in touch with me and the whole process was well done. I live in Hamilton VA about 40 miles from Tysons, so it was less than my commutes when I worked in DC.

Back