A Cautionary Tale: My Experience with Lucid Motors Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but didn't you just list this vehicle for sale for "Base price $110k - non-negotiable" see: https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-air-grand-touring-2022.8291/

I didn't see any mention of this damage on that post.
No it is not mentioned. Are you emphasizing that Lucid's towing causing damage to the under guard of my car like this has an impact to its value? This would emphasize my point if you are. The expectation is still for them to replace/repair it.

110k?? No offense, but unless it’s powder coated and certified by @blueice89 , you will absolutely not be getting that.
Eh, the listing is there as a passive listing for other reasons I've already talked to some people about. Frankly, I'd never take an unreasonable/illogical depreciation hit and sell this for something like $80k. Not only is there at least $20k of extras put on this vehicle itself, but I'm not going to remotely undervalue it. Others feel free to do so at their own accord.

I don't know who @blueice89 is, but unsure if his/her certification is more valuable than that of an engineer whom works on EV software for a living :)

No it is not mentioned. Are you emphasizing that Lucid's towing causing damage to the under guard of my car like this has an impact to its value? This would emphasize my point if you are. The expectation is still for them to replace/repair it.

You consider it enough of an impact on the value of the car to want to replace it and are referring to it as a "repair", which implies that it is something in disrepair. Components of a car that are in disrepair generally do impact its value.

I'm not taking a side here, but I think it's highly unethical to make such a warning post in here but then seemingly conveniently decide it's not worth mentioning there.

If I were you, I'd consider taking down the for sale post until you've concluded this particular matter.

You consider it enough of an impact on the value of the car to want to replace it and are referring to it as a "repair", which implies that it is something in disrepair. Components of a car that are in disrepair generally do impact its value.

I'm not taking a side here, but I think it's highly unethical to make such a warning post in here but then seemingly conveniently decide it's not worth mentioning there.

If I were you, I'd consider taking down the for sale post until you've concluded this particular matter.
If someone engages with me and asks for disclosures, they'll get all of the details -- including the list of repairs Lucid themselves have performed on the vehicle. Sorry, but I fail to see your point nor do I agree and/or care.

A posting isn't a CarFax report and will never contain every single detail.

If a buyer is interested, I also expect them to do their own in-person inspection in which I will take them through a vehicle walkthrough.

This is extremely off topic at this point though and I'm going to tag the mods in that regard @Bobby @joec @hydbob

Feel free to comment on the sales posting though if you'd like.

If someone engages with me and asks for disclosures, they'll get all of the details. Sorry, but I fail to see your point nor do I agree and/or care.

Nah. You need to be upfront about it. You can't just say "if they ask, I'll tell them". I've reported your post to the admin because I think you are now at the point where you're actively concealing damage and a potential ongoing lawsuit against Lucid. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You don't need to see my point or care. I've been here long enough to sit by while someone tries to con one of our members.

By the way, although entirely unrelated and yes, bordering on ad-hominem, you being an EV software engineer has little to do with how reasonably you price your car...

If someone engages with me and asks for disclosures, they'll get all of the details -- including the list of repairs Lucid themselves have performed on the vehicle. Sorry, but I fail to see your point nor do I agree and/or care.

If a buyer is interested, I also expect them to do their own in-person inspection in which I will take them through a vehicle walkthrough.

This is extremely off topic at this point though and I'm going to tag the mods in that regard @Bobby @joec @hydbob
I think what he meant was, if you take an issue with the damage, then why do you assume others won't? For the sake of being upfront and not wasting time, why not just list the damage in the listing? (somebody might not be interested in the car with the damage, for example, and them contacting you would result in a waste of time)

Besides, how would the forum's admins make sure that you are not conning them and not mentioning the damage in PM's? I know the classified section is "unmoderated," but I'd like to think that the site wants to prevent "scams"...

Nah. You need to be upfront about it. You can't just say "if they ask, I'll tell them". I've reported your post to the admin because I think you are now at the point where you're actively concealing damage and a potential ongoing lawsuit against Lucid. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You don't need to see my point or care. I've been here long enough to sit by while someone tries to con one of our members.

By the way, although entirely unrelated and yes, bordering on ad-hominem, you being an EV software engineer has little to do with how reasonably you price your car...
Eh, I fail to see any qualifications in any of the commentary here if we're breaking down semantics. I'm just quickly seeing a thread go off rails for things that happen in a separate thread, dialog, and order of operations.

I don't particularly appreciate the insinuations, nor do I have any respect for the un-necessary commentary.

Once again tagging the mods here as this is already too far off topic: @hydbob @joec @Bobby

Again, I have no issue in having dialog in the other thread. My history is extremely transparent on my profile as well.

The driver's reckless approach became evident when he used rotted wood as a makeshift solution for the inadequate ramp angle. Despite my verbal warning, he proceeded, resulting in a sickening crack as the underbelly of my car scraped against the ground, leaving significant damage.
Each to their own, but I would not trust anyone who on the one hand claims there is currently existing significant damage to their vehicle, whist simultaneously listing it for sale without disclosing such damage, and then suggesting they would disclose it if someone asked.

I've enjoyed this forum for its openness and candid discussion, but this is plain fraud, and something which I hope the moderators will not tolerate.

Feel free to comment on the sales posting though if you'd like.

Since you edited your post, I'll respond to your update:

You're right, it's not. But this isn't a "the timing belt was changed two months ago but I didn't feel the need to mention it, you'll see it in the CarFax" situation. This is a "there is enough underbody damage that I consider it worth legally going after Lucid and/or the towing company that caused the damage" situation. That is a disclosure you mention up front.

This is even more dishonest. You can't just say "If the buyer doesn't notice, it's not my problem". Your lack of ethics is appalling.

Eh, I fail to see any qualifications in any of the commentary here if we're breaking down semantics. I'm just quickly seeing a thread go off rails for things that happen in a separate thread, dialog, and order of operations.

Of course you don't, because you're happy to be heard when you're airing your grievances about car damage, but conveniently don't want to post it where it may impact the selling price of your car.

> I don't particularly appreciate the insinuations, nor do I have any respect for the un-necessary commentary.

That's nice, in response, I'll quote you: "I fail to see your point nor do I agree and/or care."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back