Status
Not open for further replies.

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
It was around February 19th, 2024, when a seemingly mundane mishap turned into a nightmare with Lucid Motors' customer service. My 21" Pirelli tire developed a bubble, a not uncommon occurrence. Fortunately, having the tire registered and with Discount Tire having a replacement in stock, I thought the resolution would be swift. Little did I know, this was just the beginning of a frustrating saga.

After engaging in a maddening game of phone tag with Lucid's roadside assistance—where two drivers dropped me due to my insistence on ensuring Discount Tire received my tire order—the final driver arrived late, contrary to the communicated timeframe. My skepticism grew as I observed the condition of the tow truck and the demeanor of the driver. Despite my offer to navigate the vehicle up the ramp, I was curtly informed that any mishap would be my responsibility if I drove.

As we proceeded to Discount Tire, my apprehension intensified. The driver's reckless approach became evident when he used rotted wood as a makeshift solution for the inadequate ramp angle. Despite my verbal warning, he proceeded, resulting in a sickening crack as the underbelly of my car scraped against the ground, leaving significant damage. Even the manager at Discount Tire was aghast at the treatment of a vehicle valued at over $100,000.

With video and photo evidence in hand, I reached out to Lucid immediately. They promised to investigate but failed to follow up, necessitating repeated pestering on my part. Their response? They brushed off the incident, citing pre-towing photos showing minor scratches, conveniently ignoring the substantial damage caused during the towing process. Despite assurances of receiving my video evidence, they claimed otherwise, further adding to my frustration.

Threatening legal action seemed to be the only way to elicit a response. However, even then, the resolution remained elusive. As of my latest follow-up, I've yet to receive any confirmation or satisfactory resolution from Lucid Motors.

This incident is not an isolated one in my interactions with Lucid Motors' customer service. Sadly, it seems to be a recurring theme, tarnishing my perception of the company and its commitment to customer satisfaction.

To fellow consumers, especially those considering Lucid Motors, I urge caution with customer care. My experience serves as a cautionary tale of the pitfalls of trusting in a company's customer service promises.

Sincerely, A Concerned OG Owner

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    545.8 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 2.png
    2.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 4.png
    4.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 5.png
    5.png
    560.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 6.png
    6.png
    561.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 7.png
    7.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 8.png
    8.png
    569.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 9.png
    9.png
    462 KB · Views: 189
  • 10.png
    10.png
    636.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 11.png
    11.png
    536.3 KB · Views: 211
As a follow up to the above, I debated on posting this for the last week or so in hopes of Lucid's customer service resolving the issue. My back and forth with the company + historical interactions have unfortunately led me down escalation paths.

Depending on the timeline here, I'll likely be posting this content into more public social channels + reaching for legal council. My hope is that Lucid will recognize the error in their current responses before then and remedy the situation. It's unfortunate this escalation even feels necessary on my end.

Here is what I think, undertray did its job. It’s common to see these scratches , you get them even if you go over high speed bumps. There are just scratches, not a big deal and I’m pretty sure almost every Lucid has them .I wouldn’t stress too much about it.

Here is what I think, undertray did its job. It’s common to see these scratches , you get them even if you go over high speed bumps. There are just scratches, not a bid]g deal and I’m pretty sure almost every Lucid has them .I wouldn’t stress too much about it.
Mine has definitely had a few chin scrapes. I don't really care that much.

While the situation definitely sucks, have you tried to go after the towing company? They're the ones responsible. What is Lucid going to do?
Lucid is the middle man in the situation - although their services should have a contract + insurance, the towing company requires legal engagement given they are defending themselves.

Here is what I think, undertray did its job. It’s common to see these scratches , you get them even if you go over high speed bumps. There are just scratches, not a big deal and I’m pretty sure almost every Lucid has them .I wouldn’t stress too much about it.
This is a pretty poor excuse for direct vehicle damage. Yes it's doing its job, no it doesn't provide an excuse for damage by a 3rd party. I'm sad to even see this as a reply here.

Once you threaten legal action, most companies will stop engaging. Anyway, what relief do you want that's going to be worth hiring a lawyer?

Once you threaten legal action, most companies will stop engaging. Anyway, what relief do you want that's going to be worth hiring a lawyer?
Unsure of your point in saying this, Lucid (from my experience) avoids proper follow up or engagement until legal action is threatened or an escalation path is taken -- which is unfortunate.

I just want the under tray replaced. If this is worth legal action or not is a bit arbitrary, but the damages done to my car should be covered and replaced by Lucid or the towing company. Going through the towing company's insurance and performing legal action in that direction is 100% an option.

I am also failing to understand what does Lucid have to do. Pardon my ignorance.

I am interpreting as this analogy of the work I did. I called my township to have the sidewalk trees removed as they were uprooting the sidewalk causing the hazard to walkers. They hired a “third party” to come and knock the tree down (which is supposedly be insured). If any damage happens to my property then I would go after the tree removing company, right ?

Or are you saying that Lucid hired the towing company that wasn’t insured. Since, towing company damged (who is uninsured), Lucid should be liable to pay for damages ?

I am also failing to understand what does Lucid have to do. Pardon my ignorance.

I am interpreting as this analogy of the work I did. I called my township to have the sidewalk trees removed as they were uprooting the sidewalk causing the hazard to walkers. They hired a “third party” to come and knock the tree down (which is supposedly be insured). If any damage happens to my property then I would go after the tree removing company, right ?

Or are you saying that Lucid hired the towing company that wasn’t insured. Since, towing company damged (who is uninsured), Lucid should be liable to pay for damages ?
Lucid is the middle man in this situation and has echo'ed to me that they're responsible for evaluating the damages in a situation like this. My guess, they file the insurance claim if anything has happened or something in their contract with the respective towing company takes effect.

They should be handling this without litigation or me having to go through my insurance company.

I’m trying to figure out why this is a cautionary tale about Lucid customer service. Could you be a bit more explicit about the lessons to be learned regarding Lucid specifically? Sounds like threatening legal action should be our default because Lucid won’t engage otherwise?

Do you have a before picture of the undertray? Mine is shot to hell but that’s because I live in the northeast, where roads and ramps actively hate on cars.

Unsure of your point in saying this, Lucid (from my experience) avoids proper follow up or engagement until legal action is threatened or an escalation path is taken -- which is unfortunate.

I just want the under tray replaced. If this is worth legal action or not is a bit arbitrary, but the damages done to my car should be covered and replaced by Lucid or the towing company. Going through the towing company's insurance and performing legal action in that direction is 100% an option.
Did ALL those scratches on the under tray come from getting the car onto the tow truck? If so, I would go after the towing company but if they caused only one of the many then that should be on you to eat the repair cost, no one else. Lucid is the middle man in this situation, you usually get nowhere with the middle man because they have little control so you're always best to go to the source. If I was you, I would be getting a quote from Lucid to replace the under tray then taking it to the towing company and telling them to pay it. If scratches existed beforehand though, be prepared for them to tell you to go away.

Did ALL those scratches on the under tray come from getting the car onto the tow truck? If so, I would go after the towing company but if they caused only one of the many then that should be on you to eat the repair cost, no one else. Lucid is the middle man in this situation, you usually get nowhere with the middle man because they have little control so you're always best to go to the source. If I was you, I would be getting a quote from Lucid to replace the under tray then taking it to the towing company and telling them to pay it. If scratches existed beforehand though, be prepared for them to tell you to go away.
This is a joke response right? Because in no way could you be serious in any form.

If you have a small scratch on your door (hardly noticeable) and a company places a large gash — is it justified and you eat the cost.

This logic is not only a fallacy, it’s laughable.

I’m sincerely disappointed in some of the responses here. If your expectations and standards are this low, I’m speechless.

This is a joke response right? Because in no way could you be serious in any form.

If you have a small scratch on your door (hardly noticeable) and a company places a large gash — is it justified and you eat the cost.

This logic is not only a fallacy, it’s laughable.
If it was such an annoyance to you when you had the scratches then you would have eaten the cost to fix it yourself. Now someone has added to scratches you've already caused and want them to eat the cost is ridiculous.

The fact you didn't answer the question tells me you had pre-existing damage to the under tray and now want a free replacement because someone else other than yourself added to it. I'd be telling you to go away also. You want to waste money in getting lawyers etc then go ahead but your issue isn't with Lucid, it's with the towing company. They caused the damage not Lucid.

If it was such an annoyance to you when you had the scratches then you would have eaten the cost to fix it yourself. Now someone has added to scratches you've already caused and want them to eat the cost is ridiculous.

The fact you didn't answer the question tells me you had pre-existing damage to the under tray and now want a free replacement because someone else other than yourself added to it. I'd be telling you to go away also. You want to waste money in getting lawyers etc then go ahead but your issue isn't with Lucid, it's with the towing company. They caused the damage not Lucid.
My example speaks all for itself, your response is frankly -- laughable and disappointing.

Justify as you will, but my standards are apparently at a much higher level than yours. I'm happy you will happily eat damages to your vehicle though. You also seem to misinterpret my issues, which are with Lucid. Lucid is outsourcing this towing company and continuing to do so which makes other prone to unwanted damage. Lucid has also communicated to me to go through them. I'm unsure of what you're trying to tell yourself, but it isn't on the same page as reality. I'm happy you’re willing to allow this to happen to others to. It's a great show of character. -- very disappointing and narrow minded at that.

Last edited:
@thecodingart - am sorry you have to deal with this. I would be incredibly frustrated and disappointed to have this happen to my car. And while others have suggested that it may not be Lucid's material responsibility and should be the tow truck company's, at least I would hope that Lucid customer service would want to advise you through the process. Either way, it is a crappy situation.

If I were to take the most generous interpretation of what the other person on the end of the phone, or email, or whatever at Lucid is trying to work through if one were to report (and check on) this issue - they probably don't have the authority or knowledge of how to handle it and unfortunately it gets lost in whatever escalatory state it ends up in, if even. I would have hoped that Lucid would, especially as they market superlative customer service.:

1. Acknowledge this is an issue
2. Tell you what the relationship is with this tow truck company (they may have a contract that holds them liable)
3. Support you in getting the repair scheduled (once it is determined if it's them or the tow truck co)

It also feels like, and this is perhaps somewhat to be expected on any vehicle forum where those who like a car enough to join an online forum about it will have some bias, of course, and I admit that I do, too, since I am rooting for Lucid and consider myself a big fan - some folks can more protective/defensive of claims against Lucid, but you had your experience and shared it and I hope we all try to empathize a bit more with your situation. The common ground I hope we all agree on here, and I think your hitting "Post" on the initial thread supports my thinking, that you also want to root for Lucid, but this experience is making it hard to do so.

In my opinion - and it is unfortunate to hear, from your post, Lucid is not more involved or attentive - the tow truck company would be the target of any escalatory actions I would take, if they want to get Lucid to reimburse them, then it's on the tow truck company to go after them.

Again, I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

If I were to take the most generous interpretation of what the other person on the end of the phone, or email, or whatever at Lucid is trying to work through if one were to report (and check on) this issue - they probably don't have the authority or knowledge of how to handle it and unfortunately it gets lost in whatever escalatory state it ends up in, if even. I would have hoped that Lucid would, especially as they market superlative customer service.:
I would respect this if it was, in fact, the case. Lucid has a director who oversees road side assistance and the towing contracts. They blatantly defended the towing company and noted they were not going to enact on anything (which was within their power). This was after telling me they received my video evidence and made this decision on the premise I hadn't provided them with video evidence (fun). I have since re-sent said evidence and am forcing them to re-evaluate said decision.

Also, it also feels like, and this is perhaps somewhat to be expected on any vehicle forum where those who like a car enough to join an online forum about it will have some bias, of course, and I admit that I do, too, since I am rooting for Lucid and consider myself a big fan. Some folks can more protective/defensive of claims against Lucid, but you had your experience and shared it and I hope we all try to empathize a bit more with your situation. The common ground I hope we all agree on here, and I think your hitting "Post" on the initial thread supports my thinking, that you also want to root for Lucid, but this experience is making it hard to do so.
I've done more than most on these forums to support Lucid. Many of the mods have read or heard my stories. There's also a reason I'm a top referral contributor. I cut more than enough slack on Lucid's front with my past experiences (feel free to read up on some of my posts).

Thank you for the empathy.

My example speaks all for itself, your response is frankly -- laughable and disappointing.

Justify as you will, but my standards are apparently at a much higher level than yours. I'm happy you will happily eat damages to your vehicle though.
The fact you're threatening Lucid with legal action is laughable. You're literally going after the wrong company in the first place. Go after the towing company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back