Lots of scratches and body damage after Lucid Pure delivered after service

abhisitar

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Heartbroken to see that the car was damaged while in the transit from Rocklin service center to Salt Lake. Saw a body damage with big scratch on the front passenger side fender and several prominent and some light scratches. The vehicle was super dusty when being delivered so could not spot the body damage while the driver was there. He kept rushing me to get the signature which was fishy and I tried to see if I can find the damage but as it always happens, found it after he left.
Called up Customer care immediately and was advised to email them the photos.
Just wanted to enjoy the car after getting it back but now this.
IMG_1912_Original.jpeg
IMG_1916_Original.jpeg
IMG_1916_Original.jpeg
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1918_Original.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 133
Lucid will make this right. I know the car is built in the desert but that is quite a bit of dust still.

Lucid will make this right. I know the car is built in the desert but that is quite a bit of dust still.
I think and hope they will. All that dust scratching the car with not so hard paint on it makes me sad as well.

There is hope. With our old Lucid, the car had to go in for a fix. When the tow company unloaded the car, a swath of the front bumper was missing due to an impact. I can dig up pictures, but the long story short is that Lucid handled everything with a pickup of the car when parts were ready plus a loaner.

The company towing was found at fault.

The dust to me wasn't the biggest problem to me, the scratches were horrific however. Hope Lucid can make this right. Was it in transit with a third party or with Lucid itself?

The dust to me wasn't the biggest problem to me, the scratches were horrific however. Hope Lucid can make this right. Was it in transit with a third party or with Lucid itself?
It was in transit with a third party.
I am worried about the dust since that much can cause micro scratches. I do think the obvious defects would be fixed but not sure about the small. scratches. Its a brand new car so I guess I am very sensitive to anything at this point.

There is hope. With our old Lucid, the car had to go in for a fix. When the tow company unloaded the car, a swath of the front bumper was missing due to an impact. I can dig up pictures, but the long story short is that Lucid handled everything with a pickup of the car when parts were ready plus a loaner.

The company towing was found at fault.
Oh that’s good to know. I did get a Notification from Lucid last night that an Impact was detected. Towing company is surely at fault here.

Wow this is why they normally gk to a service center first to get cleaned up. Not acceptable.

Oh that’s good to know. I did get a Notification from Lucid last night that an Impact was detected. Towing company is surely at fault here.
So very, very sad for you after waiting for your car. :-( When the transport driver hurries you to sign off, it's a dead giveaway of problems he wants to say was preexisting or due to you!

Happened to me with evidence the car's side apron had been cut through (along with other stuff) on a service return from the Chicago SC. Lucid and I could never figure out how it happened, but the Chicago SC immediately discontinued their agreement with that transport company and replaced every damaged surface!

So very, very sad for you after waiting for your car. :-( When the transport driver hurries you to sign off, it's a dead giveaway of problems he wants to say was preexisting or due to you!

Happened to me with evidence the car's side apron had been cut through (along with other stuff) on a service return from the Chicago SC. Lucid and I could never figure out how it happened, but the Chicago SC immediately discontinued their agreement with that transport company and replaced every damaged surface!
Oh wow! Seems like this has happened with a few people here and its very encouraging to know that Lucid took care of the situation at hand.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Heartbroken to see that the car was damaged while in the transit from Rocklin service center to Salt Lake. Saw a body damage with big scratch on the front passenger side fender and several prominent and some light scratches. The vehicle was super dusty when being delivered so could not spot the body damage while the driver was there. He kept rushing me to get the signature which was fishy and I tried to see if I can find the damage but as it always happens, found it after he left.
Called up Customer care immediately and was advised to email them the photos.
Just wanted to enjoy the car after getting it back but now this.
View attachment 19296View attachment 19297View attachment 19297View attachment 19299View attachment 19300
I would not have taken delivery of a car in that condition. Lucid will do you right but it should never have happened.

I would not have taken delivery of a car in that condition. Lucid will do you right but it should never have happened.
"The vehicle was super dusty when being delivered so could not spot the body damage while the driver was there. He kept rushing me to get the signature which was fishy and I tried to see if I can find the damage but as it always happens, found it after he left."

He did not see it. :-(

Those scratches look like somebody took a key to the car, so sad to get your car back in that condition. Lucid will make it right.

Back