Lucid home service communication issues

thervckus

Cars
2023 Air Touring
I got my Air Touring in November and I am pretty pleased with it after 1600 miles. I live in the Philly area.

After our first big snow storm, I heard a rattling under the driver side front and rear of the car. The car still performed fine but it sounded like something fell off. I called them to set up a home appointment and got assigned a date and a time (between 9-10 AM). Great.

An important work meeting came up during my appointment so I called to have the appointment pushed back one hour to ensure that I would be home in time. When I reached them, I was told that my appointment was actually at 2 PM. Confused, I asked them to confirm and they said yes, 2 PM. I asked why I wasn’t told about the change, and I did not receive an answer. I was then told they will follow up with me to confirm the time because of this switch. This was four days before the appointment.

I did not receive any follow up and called back the day before the appointment. I was then told that the appointment was actually at 9 AM, not 2 PM. Wasn’t informed of that change either. I then asked to push it back one hour so that I can attend my meeting. They said yes. Great, right?

The next morning, the day of the appointment, I get a text saying the mechanic will be there at 9:25 AM. I literally leave mid-meeting and rush home to arrive minutes before the mechanic. Why wasn’t the mechanic told about the time change? I have no clue.

Please tell me this is isolated to the King of Prussia service center, and that the rest of you have great on-site service and communication. Please tell me this isn’t indicative of what may happen when I have a more serious problem with my car.

Thanks in advance.

I'm out in NJ and the one time I've scheduled mobile service, they communicated very well. The technician was actually sick the originally scheduled appointment - I was informed of this the night before (presumably after he called in) and was told a time for rescheduling. The tech showed up at the rescheduled appointment right when they said they would, even gave me a call when they were en route. Hopefully that's the standard and not what you experienced.

Not sure what happened, but that's unfortunate. You will hear other stories of completely the opposite such as this most recent one, https://lucidowners.com/threads/my-456-67-mis-adventure-on-a-big-road-trip.7886/. I'd see if I could talk tot he service manager. It happens in every company, I wouldn't go to the sky is falling quite yet.
I agree and would add that the conversation, at least to start, should be non-confrontational. You had a somewhat disturbing experience and you wanted to discuss it with him. Try to keep him from getting defensive about his staff and you are more likely to get a positive response and, more importantly, action.

Not sure what happened, but that's unfortunate. You will hear other stories of completely the opposite such as this most recent one, https://lucidowners.com/threads/my-456-67-mis-adventure-on-a-big-road-trip.7886/. I'd see if I could talk tot he service manager. It happens in every company, I wouldn't go to the sky is falling quite yet.
Yes, I saw that post when I was trying to see if this is a global Lucid issue or just a King of Prussia issue or just a me issue. So far it seems like an isolated incident, but I just need to be sure. I’ll be calling them later today.

I got my Air Touring in November and I am pretty pleased with it after 1600 miles. I live in the Philly area.

After our first big snow storm, I heard a rattling under the driver side front and rear of the car. The car still performed fine but it sounded like something fell off. I called them to set up a home appointment and got assigned a date and a time (between 9-10 AM). Great.

An important work meeting came up during my appointment so I called to have the appointment pushed back one hour to ensure that I would be home in time. When I reached them, I was told that my appointment was actually at 2 PM. Confused, I asked them to confirm and they said yes, 2 PM. I asked why I wasn’t told about the change, and I did not receive an answer. I was then told they will follow up with me to confirm the time because of this switch. This was four days before the appointment.

I did not receive any follow up and called back the day before the appointment. I was then told that the appointment was actually at 9 AM, not 2 PM. Wasn’t informed of that change either. I then asked to push it back one hour so that I can attend my meeting. They said yes. Great, right?

The next morning, the day of the appointment, I get a text saying the mechanic will be there at 9:25 AM. I literally leave mid-meeting and rush home to arrive minutes before the mechanic. Why wasn’t the mechanic told about the time change? I have no clue.

Please tell me this is isolated to the King of Prussia service center, and that the rest of you have great on-site service and communication. Please tell me this isn’t indicative of what may happen when I have a more serious problem with my car.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, @thervckus. Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a direct message.

Back