RESOLVED Service Dept Overload...Great Outcome!

donfenn

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure AWD, Fathom Blue.
I made a service appointment for my car in mid September and got a November 1st date.. I have a recent Air Pure AWD, and the issues were not urgent. The main issues were weatherstripping, interior trim, frunk sticking, and trunk fitment.. I was happy to wait for the appointment, but assumed they would be ready for my car when the time came. However, today I got a call that they would probably not get to my car until this Friday, which is ten days after the original drop off at the service center.. They gave me a Grand Touring loaner, so I am not upset about it, but it still seems odd to take in cars and let them sit for 10 days if they are not ready for them. I think they are short on service techs, and garage space... I am not stating this as negative issue because of my nice loaner, but it seems like am odd model for automotive service efficiency.

Speaking with the service guys, due to various issues with techs, sickness, calls outs, etc, their staffing varies throughout the week. Couple this with variable repair times based off urgency/severity of the repairs and smaller repairs could get pushed. What my service advisor told me was it was almost always better to leave it at the service center so that the car would be available to repair if it was something they could accomplish if an opening became available in the schedule. So rather than leave a car with a customer, let's say they are doing a repair and are waiting on a part for another car, they could slip yours into the schedule and perhaps knock it out before the part comes in. But if you keep your car at home until they think they are ready, it will just fall into the queue somewhere. This is what I understand speaking with the techs. Also, some repairs have significant downtime while waiting for instructions from engineering.

That makes sense, and they probably need to juggle a bunch of cars with various issues and parts needs. ..As mentioned I have a Grand Touring loaner in the interim, so its easy to live with.. I see you are also here in L.A.....Do you take your car to Beverly Hills Lucid location?

Just to confirm this I recently brought my Touring to the Millbrae service center for the wiper recall and to have some minor fit and alignment issues addressed. They originally told me it would take about 10 days and gave me a GT loaner. My car was ready for pick up 3 days later.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Lucid service. I always get taken care of and far above and beyond what other luxury brands would typically do.

The service department in Millbrae, only one I can speak to, doesn't have enough technicians or advisors for the area. Newer service centers coming online in the East Bay and South Bay will help.

I made a service appointment for my car in mid September and got a November 1st date.. I have a recent Air Pure AWD, and the issues were not urgent. The main issues were weatherstripping, interior trim, frunk sticking, and trunk fitment.. I was happy to wait for the appointment, but assumed they would be ready for my car when the time came. However, today I got a call that they would probably not get to my car until this Friday, which is ten days after the original drop off at the service center.. They gave me a Grand Touring loaner, so I am not upset about it, but it still seems odd to take in cars and let them sit for 10 days if they are not ready for them. I think they are short on service techs, and garage space... I am not stating this as negative issue because of my nice loaner, but it seems like am odd model for automotive service efficiency.
They are a young company and are working hard to properly scale service. When I had my Maserati everything took forever and they never had loaners as a general policy. The company was founded in 1914.

Just as others suggested, things must have gotten juggled in the service queue, because I just got a call that my car will be ready for pickup tomorrow... I have had outstanding communication with the service team, and a week with an Air GT loaner.... all good.

Ohhhh my car needs some service from warranty but also I want them to check this weird visual distortion in my windshield (tried cleaning and everything and looks like it's a defect). I've been delaying calling them because I have travel plans, but if they will loan me a touring or GT thatll get me excited

Ok I will be getting a loaner. Hoping for a GT haha. The power on that is ridiculous when I test drove it. Would be nice to see glass roof again. Though to be honest I'd be fine with any Lucid loaner instead of renting an EV

I've had a very hard time getting any sort of follow up from my service center. I have to repeatedly follow up to make things happen. After four separate calls from me over a four week period I finally got a service appointment scheduled to address a few nuisance issues, nothing major. When the date arrived, I went to the service center and met with the service advisor. I went over all of the issues (previously communicated) only to be told it would be at least a week before they could even get to it! Why schedule an appointment when you cannot get to the car for a week? If you know your schedule is slipping call the customer and advise that ahead of the appointment. I was able to schedule a mobile appointment at the time of my failed service center appointment for a few weeks later.

I gave it a 50/50 chance the mobile tech would arrive on the scheduled date as I hadn't received any communication confirming my appointment. That morning, I received a docusign doc so I figured that was positive. The tech did show and was great! However, he was not shipped the new steering wheel I was told he would have been to address the squeak and, more importantly, a non-functional volume control. I live within 15 mins of the service center so he ran to the service center to get a wheel. My other issues were a non-functional key which he confirmed but couldn't complete a replacement due to the key programming software having issues, as well as a malfunctioning soft-close door I couldn't replicate at the time of visit - I was told to log the date and time if/when it happened again.

By the end of the week, I sent another email to the service center advisor trying to schedule an appointment to drop by to get my bad key replaced and advise him of the date and time of door failures I encountered the next day after the mobile service visit. This was a week and a half ago and no response. I will have to again force the issue.

I am very patient and want this company to succeed - I believe in their products. However, they have to realize and respect the fact that many customers are used to a more premium (in general) experience with Mercedes, BMW, or Audi service. It is really bad when the customer has to repeatedly call and plead for a simple service appointment!

I've had a very hard time getting any sort of follow up from my service center. I have to repeatedly follow up to make things happen. After four separate calls from me over a four week period I finally got a service appointment scheduled to address a few nuisance issues, nothing major. When the date arrived, I went to the service center and met with the service advisor. I went over all of the issues (previously communicated) only to be told it would be at least a week before they could even get to it! Why schedule an appointment when you cannot get to the car for a week? If you know your schedule is slipping call the customer and advise that ahead of the appointment. I was able to schedule a mobile appointment at the time of my failed service center appointment for a few weeks later.

I gave it a 50/50 chance the mobile tech would arrive on the scheduled date as I hadn't received any communication confirming my appointment. That morning, I received a docusign doc so I figured that was positive. The tech did show and was great! However, he was not shipped the new steering wheel I was told he would have been to address the squeak and, more importantly, a non-functional volume control. I live within 15 mins of the service center so he ran to the service center to get a wheel. My other issues were a non-functional key which he confirmed but couldn't complete a replacement due to the key programming software having issues, as well as a malfunctioning soft-close door I couldn't replicate at the time of visit - I was told to log the date and time if/when it happened again.

By the end of the week, I sent another email to the service center advisor trying to schedule an appointment to drop by to get my bad key replaced and advise him of the date and time of door failures I encountered the next day after the mobile service visit. This was a week and a half ago and no response. I will have to again force the issue.

I am very patient and want this company to succeed - I believe in their products. However, they have to realize and respect the fact that many customers are used to a more premium (in general) experience with Mercedes, BMW, or Audi service. It is really bad when the customer has to repeatedly call and plead for a simple service appointment!
What service center are you working with?

My car came with minor issues, and I got an appointment 39 days out, which hasn't happened yet. I'm fine with waiting since it's not anything that keeps me from using the car, and I'd rather have them take care of urgent needs first. Tesla service was like this when the Model S was relatively new. But when I had cracked roof glass, they had me bring it in immediately since they thought it was potentially dangerous. As long as Lucid is taking care of people whose cars aren't working for practical purposes, I'd give them time to get better. Tesla got a lot better...then a lot worse once the Model 3 came out. Let's hope that Lucid gets better and stays that way.

@mcr16

I dropped my car off for the annual service and few minor items to get repaired, ended up having to get a rental but their policy for rental is frankly fantastic, ended up with a pickup truck and got all my wife's plant shopping taken care of that weekend.
Sure it wasn't great not having the car for a while, but delivering the car back to me, being overly generous with the rental, etc... is fantastic service.

I got my car back yesterday.. A very good experience... Everything seems perfect, and the staff at Beverly Hills could not have been nicer. Loved having the GT loaner for 9 days, but surprised that I do not really miss it much after getting back into my own Pure... In city driving it feels the same. I am surprised that I prefer the solid roof too... Too much light and heat for me and my bald head in the GT. Loved the extra features, better seats, and surround cam on loaner, but easy to live with the Pure. The one thing which was weird is the SSpro in loaner was apparently not working.. I used the DBX test tracks on my Tidal subscription and they would not connect for the surround speaker test in the GT loaner.

Last edited:
I got my car back yesterday.. A very good experience... Everything seems perfect, and the staff at Beverly Hills could not have been nicer. Loved having the GT loaner for 9 days, but surprised that I do not really miss it much after getting back into my own Pure... In city driving it feels the same. I am surprised that I prefer the solid roof too... Too much light and heat for me and my bald head in the GT. Loved the extra features, better seats, and surround cam on loaner, but easy to live with the Pure. The one thing which was weird is the SSpro in loaner was apparently not working.. I used the DBX test tracks on my Tidal subscription and they would not connect for the surround speaker test in the GT loaner.
That's all very good to hear. I haven't had the car long enough to tell whether heat will be a problem. It never was with my Model S with a glass roof. I expect that I'll recommend the Pure to a lot of people. The GT features are nice, but spending the extra money might not be a rational decision for a lot of people. I can say the same for myself but I'm old enough that I finally decided that wanting one is enough of a reason. For the money, the Pure offers a lot. If I look at prior cars I've owned that are nowhere near as nice, and adjust for inflation, the Pure is a relative bargain. My rational self has a much harder time recommending the GT to others, unless the alternative is leaving the money behind.

I don't live near Beverly Hills but the staff there was nice when I went there back when the showroom had a non-working model and VR. Unfortunately they didn't have enough information on what was coming, and led me to believe that the car would have less than it does. But I've learned a lot since then.

Back