Shoutout to Lucid Service Teams in Costa Mesa

LucidPez

Verified Owner
Cars
'23 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
QRLDUSC5
Let me just start by saying a week after I bought my car, my trunk wouldnt close. It would open via pilot panel etc, but nothing would close it unless I manually closed it. Mobile Service was fantastic. They sent someone out within ONE hour to my workplace and fixed it up. Unfortunately a clip got stuck in the hinge and it caused some severe scratches. They also saw a seal on my trunk was torn.

They told me to call in the next day and schedule service and he would let them know. They ordered the parts, I scheduled service and brought it in 1-2 weeks later when the parts arrived.

They had a loaner waiting for me and it was my exact spec (GT w/ Santa Cruz interior + 19" wheels). I explained my issues plus some new ones that came up. I had some condensation in my camera on my B pillar on the passenger side, I hear some buzzing in my dash at idle and my windshield wiper button just wasnt causing the fluid to come out. (funny enough it worked fine in front of them).

They looked at it all and I got it back today after 1 week. They found out my internal heater was having issues and causing a buzzing for the dash. They replaced the trunk hinges. Fixed the sealing on the trunk. They found another dimple issue on my "Air Grand Touring" badge in an inspection and replaced that as well (i had no idea). They were great and super thorough with everything.

Just wanted to send kudos to them as the service team is great and a much better experience than the Delivery team there. I will say, I did drive home and have an air bag light on. I will call them in the morning and I'm fairly sure mobile service can fix that so I'm less concerned but happy with how things went.

I'm also comping this against Fletcher Jones (family dealership here in SoCal) that manages Audi in Costa Mesa/Newport. They were awful with my last car. They were gouging me for money and swindle the rich here in OC that aren't car smart and tried pulling that crap on me numerous times with my e-tron GT.

PS: Lucid throttle caps loaners via software. Its awful :p (It is 87mph so it is actually just fine)

Scottsdale service were great with some of the issues I had. Service is definitely better than Tesla. New car company will always have teething problems with trim etc. As long as they rectify, all is good, nothing to complain about.

I don't know whether to take that review positively or negatively. That's a lot of issues! Sorry to hear...

While I do agree that service is better than legacy automakers (i hate going to legacy automakers for service, just feels sleazy), the difference is at least for my BMWs and Porsches, you have like 95% less issues. So i think it's a bit of a trade off...good build quality, nothing to service, but when something does go wrong, the service centers are a**holes. Vs Lucid/Rivian always something going wrong and needing fixing, but at least the service centers are good and they make nearly as many excuses. I am glad Lucid service is easy to deal with. And the whole towing you a loaner thing (for now) is pretty sweet. The nearest service center is 1hr away.

I don't know whether to take that review positively or negatively. That's a lot of issues! Sorry to hear...

While I do agree that service is better than legacy automakers (i hate going to legacy automakers for service, just feels sleazy), the difference is at least for my BMWs and Porsches, you have like 95% less issues. So i think it's a bit of a trade off...good build quality, nothing to service, but when something does go wrong, the service centers are a**holes. Vs Lucid/Rivian always something going wrong and needing fixing, but at least the service centers are good and they make nearly as many excuses. I am glad Lucid service is easy to deal with. And the whole towing you a loaner thing (for now) is pretty sweet. The nearest service center is 1hr away.
Haha, must've gotten one of the lucky BMWs without issues.

Haha, must've gotten one of the lucky BMWs without issues.
I remember when I got my first Audi, my friend, who was a longtime BMW fan, told me: "Welcome to German car ownership. Hope your wallet is ready."

I remember when I got my first Audi, my friend, who was a longtime BMW fan, told me: "Welcome to German car ownership. Hope your wallet is ready."
If you buy an old bmw sure…new cars are generally trouble free. You would never see issues like misaligned trunk/frunk/doors, key fob performance issues, creaking steering wheels, or all the other fit and finish issues you see around here, or even the 12 issues in the OP itself. Yes after 10 years, certain models can start to develop engine and transmission problems, but I’m just comparing new to new.

We also have no idea how reliable or how much repairs will cost on an out of warranty lucid but I bet that’s going to be a pretty penny!

Last edited:
Well to update everyone, I called about my airbag light being on on my drive home after picking up the car.

As I called and was on the 405 South, an error blipped really fast saying rear radar failure. It disappeared but it happened to occur right as I was talking to my service advisor from Lucid.

Either way, he asked me to call him when I got to work and we would try a reset over the phone. We tried. It didn’t work. He said I needed to bring the car in again that day. So I had my car back for 16 hours and returned it. 😭

They said they would also check on the rear radar fail warning as they have logs. They didnt provide an ETA as it was Friday afternoon when i dropped it off.

I got the car on Feb 9th. We are now 9-10 days in service since then (and will go up).

Who knows… maybe I'll have to use my California 30 days in service in the first 18 months (non consecutive) lemon law. I only have 608 miles on the thing 😭

Who knows… maybe I'll have to use my California 30 days in service in the first 18 months (non consecutive) lemon law. I only have 608 miles on the thing 😭

You heading Back to Audi/Porsche? Or you gonna ask them to swap your car for a replacement?

Got the car back today.

Apparently they unplugged something that made the light go off and then didn't plug it back in nor check after? Felt kinda odd. I will note the car came back pretty dirty too on the inside. Kinda not happy about that.

Also funny story, my windshield wiper blades are having the same issue as I note in the OP but this time on the loaner! I posted about it here trying to see if others have had this issue. I recorded a video and it is in this thread.

Back