3-months of ownership, 3 service appointments so far

NewLucid207

Cars
Touring
HI, I've owned by Touring for about 3 months so far and while I love the car (speed, handling, the look, the luxury, etc.) I'm growing fairly disappointed with the number of issues:
  1. When AC was engaged, the vents were blowing hot hair. They replaced the compressor which solved the problem.
  2. The rear driver-side window motor broke and the window would not operate and was stuck in the down position. They replaced some parts and it works fine now.
  3. Both of my FOBs have died (sounds like this happens to move people who don't have a faraday pouch (which just seems like bad FOB design, imo).
  4. Where the headliner sections meet above the driver has became dislodged and one is now just kind of hanging out (hard to describe - but photo attached). Seems like they should just click back into place, but they don't. Purely cosmetic issue, but still.
  5. I was out this weekend and when getting back in the car after about 20 min of shopping I received a "Reduced Power" notification (i had 200 miles of battery range left at the time) and the car would not drive. I called support and they had me to a reset using the FOB - this solved the problem, but pretty troubling that the car was effectively dead.
Thankfully, they're going to remedy/review 3-5 in one service center appointment this week., so it's not individual appointments for each, but this will still be 3 service center appointments in 3 months of ownership.

I thought I knew what I was signing up for when I purchased the Lucid, knowing that it's a brand new car manufacturer - but this is getting pretty annoying. Am I just unlucky or is this par for the course for everyone else?

Attachments

• 70743943346__679A9126-1154-4A29-A957-68E59F0FEE1B.jpg
    70743943346__679A9126-1154-4A29-A957-68E59F0FEE1B.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
HI, I've owned by Touring for about 3 months so far and while I love the car (speed, handling, the look, the luxury, etc.) I'm growing fairly disappointed with the number of issues:
  1. When AC was engaged, the vents were blowing hot hair. They replaced the compressor which solved the problem.
  2. The rear driver-side window motor broke and the window would not operate and was stuck in the down position. They replaced some parts and it works fine now.
  3. Both of my FOBs have died (sounds like this happens to move people who don't have a faraday pouch (which just seems like bad FOB design, imo).
  4. Where the headliner sections meet above the driver has became dislodged and one is now just kind of hanging out (hard to describe - but photo attached). Seems like they should just click back into place, but they don't. Purely cosmetic issue, but still.
  5. I was out this weekend and when getting back in the car after about 20 min of shopping I received a "Reduced Power" notification (i had 200 miles of battery range left at the time) and the car would not drive. I called support and they had me to a reset using the FOB - this solved the problem, but pretty troubling that the car was effectively dead.
Thankfully, they're going to remedy/review 3-5 in one service center appointment this week., so it's not individual appointments for each, but this will still be 3 service center appointments in 3 months of ownership.

I thought I knew what I was signing up for when I purchased the Lucid, knowing that it's a brand new car manufacturer - but this is getting pretty annoying. Am I just unlucky or is this par for the course for everyone else?
What exactly was the reset using the fob?

Just unlucky imo. Most of us have had some sort of issue, you just seem to have been hit with 3.

Yeah, that's more than the typical number of issues. It's fairly normal to have a few cosmetic ones (panel gaps, a clip missing, or something else relatively unimportant) and fairly rare to have any serious ones, but not so rare that it's unusual. Having multiple serious ones, especially in the early days, is unusual.

Think it's just a string of bad luck. Sorry, man!

The first 10 months that I had my GT, I averaged one service visit per month. The last six months I have only been in twice. One of those was for annual service. My car has never let me down or put me in turtle mode. I live very close to the service center so I always drive it to the service center and take advantage of the free wash and detail while there.

The situation will get better.

Many commentators have referred to EVs as essentially mobile smart phones. While that is not true, Almost everything is electronic. A key fact to remember is that electronic devices tend to fail early or not at all. So...hopefully...once your repairs are made and you have driven it for a few months the vehicle should be reliable.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I've had similar type of headaches. I had the opposite problem where the AC wouldn't stop blowing even though I wanted hotair. That issue seems to be computer gizmo related.

15 months in and the mobile techs have been to my house approx 8X. I wish I’d say it’d get better, but my experience says otherwise. Just yesterday my left windshield wiper stopped working.

That "pillar" coming off is terrible, that really stuck out to me. Something must have gone wrong, because there is no way a factory would let anybody put that out.(Even tesla!)

Back