I'm Averaging 1 service appointment per month. What about you?

Mark_in_MA

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I've had my Air Touring just over 5 months and it's going in for it's 4th service appointment. While I think the local service team is great, I'm seeing them a bit too frequently. I was hoping that after resolving some issues with the delivery I would be going maybe a year without service. Here's my experience, what is yours?

Service Appointment #1: (January 2023)
* The car came with some pretty obvious scratches in the front Lucid trim above the light bar. Had to replace trim. It also had some much more minor scratches on the front. They buffed this out so they weren't as noticeable.
* They also replaced the window regulator in the right window as it wasn't going up and down.
* Front license plate mount

Service Appointment #2 (February 2023)
* Rear passenger soft close door fixed

Service Appointment #3 (May 2023)
* Whistling noise at 45+ mph for last couple of months. Lucid team determined that there was a problem in the front trim install for the first service and some weatherstrip / seal was not installed properly leading to air entering the car by the trim

Service Appointment #4 (TBD May 2023)
* My drivers side windows controls do not work. I can't roll down the drivers side front window or any other window from that control. Passengers can control their own window fine. No more drive thru's until this is fixed!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Received my GT back in November and have had no service visits whatsoever. Hopefully those issues get rectified quickly!

Had car since September and have had only 1 requested service visit for a blown speaker and rear rattling noise. Otherwise, no significant problems.

Sorry about your tribulations; hope things improve.

That was an unlucky experience. In 4 months and 2.6k miles I took it only once for 2 minor trim issues and to replace frunk latch because it thinks it is open when closed.

I’m about every two months over the last 6 months. Battery replacement, trunk latch, front motor plus trim and straightened two rims. Everything done in a timely manner with no issues.

I've had my Air Touring just over 5 months and it's going in for it's 4th service appointment. While I think the local service team is great, I'm seeing them a bit too frequently. I was hoping that after resolving some issues with the delivery I would be going maybe a year without service. Here's my experience, what is yours?

I've had two early-production Lucids: Dream Edition #154 and Dream Edition #395 (a replacement when the first one was wrecked).

During the first couple of months with the first car, it did need a few service visits: replaced trim piece on upper trunk lid twice due to rubber weatherstrip coming unglued; replaced chipped "LUCID" logo in front chrome strip; adjusted rear trunk lid due to rubbing on bumper; and several visits to resolve MCU hardware issues. Then there was a service visit relating to a recall about front damper installation (our car checked out fine) and another event when the car had to be towed to a service center for the tow hook recall (which necessitated the removal of the front bumper). Then, for the rest of the 14 months and 17,000 miles we had that car, everything was smooth sailing.

The service history of the second car indicated it had fewer problems before my ownership. I have had only one service visit to replace the upper trunk lid trim piece (but it arrived scuffed, and a new one is on the way) and to adjust the frunk lid due to binding on the right side when opening. The inspection for the cooling line clamp was also done at this visit, and the car did not have the defective installation.

All these service visits were done at minimal hassle to me. The only time I had to get the car to a service center myself was to have the lidar recalibrated after I had a radar/laser detection system installed.

Over the years, I've owned quite a few new car models or early next-generation models from established automakers. The two most problem-ridden ones were a Chevrolet Corvette and a Mercedes SL55 AMG.

Four months before we took delivery of our first Dream Edition, we took delivery of a new Tesla Model S Plaid. It arrived with a longer list of manufacturing and assembly defects than the Air, such as a yoke scuffing on the steering column, an outsider rearview mirror not firmly attached to the car, a defective driver airbag, a detached trunk grommet cover. And there are other defects which which we're just going to live: misaligned interior trim pieces, yellowed PPF behind the door handles and on the rear quarter panels, several misaligned body panels.

Moreover, the Plaid developed body squeaks and groans before 10,000 miles that had not appeared in our first Dream by the time it hit 17,000 miles.

All-in-all, I think Lucid has done a quite credible build on a first model from a new company.

Thank you all for your responses. It's interested to hear to the different types of issues. Seems like everyone is in agreement that Lucid service team is doing a good job fixing problems when they come up.

Service Appointment #1: (January 2023)
* The car came with some pretty obvious scratches in the front Lucid trim above the light bar. Had to replace trim. It also had some much more minor scratches on the front. They buffed this out so they weren't as noticeable.
* They also replaced the window regulator in the right window as it wasn't going up and down.
* Front license plate mount

Service Appointment #2 (February 2023)
* Rear passenger soft close door fixed

Service Appointment #3 (May 2023)
* Whistling noise at 45+ mph for last couple of months. Lucid team determined that there was a problem in the front trim install for the first service and some weatherstrip / seal was not installed properly leading to air entering the car by the trim

Service Appointment #4 (TBD May 2023)
* My drivers side windows controls do not work. I can't roll down the drivers side front window or any other window from that control. Passengers can control their own window fine. No more drive thru's until this is fixed!

Six months of ownership. Blown tires do not count.

The hood was misaligned that caused a broken piece of trim, that caused rub and removal of all paint on the corner of the hood, and the hood itself caused a chip in paint on a side panel. Three weeks for a fix, but they fixed and root caused all problems (eg. hood alignment and side panel chip cause). They also fixed a door handle that I had not noted as an issue.

Towing company severely damaged the car's front bumper panel. Windshield wiper did not work on arrival plus some missing keys. Technician came out to solve the wiper and key issue. Scheduled for front bumper, piece of trim causing a whistle, misalignment/detached bumper from impact, and I hope that to be everything. I am holding out for a loaner so that I'm not forced back into a Camry for a few weeks.

Service centers have always been great. Customer service, albeit friendly, are a complete waste of time.

I suppose not counting tires and counting mobile service a service apt every 2.5 months on average with me although they seem to come in spurts

Owned my GT since October 2022. No service issues so far.

My problem is not the frequency of the service, but rather getting them to respond at all. I contacted customer care about four issues I think they need to address (annual service, very small tire bulge, driver's door not always closing/latching and a creak/squeal/gurgle type noise coming from somewhere under center console.) It has been about a week since I first contacted them with no response other than the standard responses. They even told me they were not scheduling "annual" service until you reached 12k miles when the manual clearly states 12k miles or one year, whichever comes first. All I want to do is get this scheduled, even if it is 4-6 weeks out.

I am getting very worried about the status of service, especially for those of us who do not live near Service Centers.

Had a couple of control modules replaced in first months and car has been perfect since. Could not be happier. It gets better with every software update = I did not think I'd enjoy getting updates, but it's quiet a thrill to see the star appear. It's a feature! Lucid gets updates: what does your car do?

Five months, about to hit 5k miles. One service appointment for a minor issue. The car has been rock solid for the most part.

I got my Touring Dec 31, 2022. My only service appointment was to check the wheel rim and alignment after a pothole blew out the sidewall of a tire.

By the time I get my car back Lucid will have had it for 3 months in total over the last 12. The most recent stint is 4 to 6 weeks because they got into a fender bender when returning the car to my house. I'm beyond frustrated with Lucid where i'm over getting angry with them to everything that goes wrong being laughable at this point. Now I'm going to have an accident reported on the Carfax through no fault of my own.

The staff are nice at the BH Service Center but quite frankly, i'm sick of dealing with them. The last 2 issues the car was in for were minor (Frunk not automatically closing and Child Lock error) yet it seems standard they want the car for 1 to 2 weeks to fix minor things. No wonder the Service Centers are getting backed up if small jobs are taking this long.

By the time I get my car back Lucid will have had it for 3 months in total over the last 12. The most recent stint is 4 to 6 weeks because they got into a fender bender when returning the car to my house. I'm beyond frustrated with Lucid where i'm over getting angry with them to everything that goes wrong being laughable at this point. Now I'm going to have an accident reported on the Carfax through no fault of my own.

The staff are nice at the BH Service Center but quite frankly, i'm sick of dealing with them. The last 2 issues the car was in for were minor (Frunk not automatically closing and Child Lock error) yet it seems standard they want the car for 1 to 2 weeks to fix minor things. No wonder the Service Centers are getting backed up if small jobs are taking this long.
That really stinks that they got into a fender bender when returning your car! I always looked at the convenience side of it when they come to the house to pick up or drop off the car. I purposely have not thought of accidents, what if they ran a red light on a traffic cam, etc. I’m definitely going to think more about this next time.

I haven’t had the experience of them needing the car for weeks. Usually it’s for the day or possibly two. I did leave it with them for almost a week once when I was headed to the airport and wanted to make sure they had all they could possibly need.

I hope you have better luck going forward. After my 4th service everything has been running great. 🤞

For your 3rd visit, was it just the trim pieces or was there a gap in between a window and the trim? I'm hearing very noticeable noise compare to the passenger side near front corner of the window near upper trim of the door. I've noticed that there are a lot more dusts on that front side of the window. I think there is a small gap that causes a wind noise

For your 3rd visit, was it just the trim pieces or was there a gap in between a window and the trim? I'm hearing very noticeable noise compare to the passenger side near front corner of the window near upper trim of the door. I've noticed that there are a lot more dusts on that front side of the window. I think there is a small gap that causes a wind noise

I first thought the whistling sound was coming from the trim near were the side mirror and the window are. I messed around with putting some weatherstripping in that area. I also seen some other posts that people had problems above the charging door where the trunk seal was. It turned out to be none of those things. It was actually at the very front of the car where Lucid branded trim is in front of the frunk. I'm sure I'm calling it the wrong thing but hopefully you know what I mean. They had previously replaced that because it was scratched and had a gap in the weather seal underneath. The air was coming in the front of the car. Not sure if the whistling was coming from when the wind entered at the front or when it exited (presumably at the B pillar).

Kind of a low tech way to find it, but the Lucid tech put painters tape on the spot where that front Lucid branded trim attached to the car and the noise stopped. If you can suffer the indignity of putting painters tape in the area you think the noise is coming from you should be able to get an idea if it's really that spot or not. Good luck!

Back