I'm Averaging 1 service appointment per month. What about you?

Only about 300 are verified owners.
Interesting. But then again I didn't bother to go through the verification process. I am comfortable with the ability to discern owners from potential fakes based on the content of posts.

And, in my opinion, if someone doubts that I'm an actual owner because I am not verified, that really says more about them than it does me. I post and comment to share experiences that others may find useful and I visit the forum frequently to learn from the experiences of others. I'm not sure if others approach it the same way though.

Interesting. But then again I didn't bother to go through the verification process. I am comfortable with the ability to discern owners from potential fakes based on the content of posts.

And, in my opinion, if someone doubts that I'm an actual owner because I am not verified, that really says more about them than it does me. I post and comment to share experiences that others may find useful and I visit the forum frequently to learn from the experiences of others. I'm not sure if others approach it the same way though.
The verified owner badging system exists by popular request. There were too many people posting here that claimed advanced knowledge of the car but were relying on complete hearsay for their posts. Heck, a couple were young teenagers who had never actually driven any car.

I received my AirGT in June of last year. I have 4,600 miles on it. When I first received it I had a service call to fix the license plate holder. Then, I crumbed up (technical term) one of the wheels (driver inflicted wound.) The service was practically instantaneous both times. I have never had to call since. The car, unlike me, has been faultless...so far. I love driving it. My other cars are getting jealous.

The good and the bad. My BIL and I both received our Tourings in late December. I have had zero issues other than a broken clip above the driver's seat (headliner, near the "T". Took less than 5 minutes, had it done while tech was servicing my BIL. He, on the other hand, has had the tech over a half dozen times - car froze up, etc. All software update related issues. He received his car on the LAST day of the year to qualify for the tax credit. I surmise Lucid may have hurried a bit with his or somebody failed to clear the memory buffers. That said, his last complaint was over 2 months ago.

The verified owner badging system exists by popular request. There were too many people posting here that claimed advanced knowledge of the car but were relying on complete hearsay for their posts. Heck, a couple were young teenagers who had never actually driven any car.
I'm not arguing with you, Bobby. I understand the purpose of the system and function that it served/serves. I think it was/is appropriate and possibly needed feature at the time it was implemented for the reasons you described as well as the fact that there are or have been reporters taking information from the forum based on potentially inaccurate/untrue information posted by those imposters.

My point is that I didn't feel it was necessary for me personally and I'm guessing I'm not the only owner who is not officially verified. So, as a result, although there are only about 300 verified owners here, there are more than 300 actual owners which makes this forum an even more valuable source of information if not statistically then anecdotally.

Had a similar situation randomly occur for passenger front window. I performed a Valet Card reset, and the window control worked. Never had an issue with that prior nor since (about 30 days back).

Have you tried a soft reset (e.g. Valet or Turn Signal)?
I did try the reset and it didn’t help. It was a weird issue as sometimes the window would roll down and sometimes it wouldn’t. I did take it in and this is what they found.

Cause: Connector for LF side mirror assembly corroded.

Corrections: Removed door panel and verified window switch inoperative and side mirror had stored faults present on DCU module on LF. Found connector on side mirror corroded due to lack of weather grade seals. Two other optical connectors have proper weather grade seals and are fine. Replaced door harness, side mirror with corroded harness, and applied dielectric grease on connectors to prevent moisture build up. Wrapped up corroded connector with electrical tape to prevent further water intrusion. Calibrated Left wing camera and surround view camera. Verified everything works normally.

I did try the reset and it didn’t help. It was a weird issue as sometimes the window would roll down and sometimes it wouldn’t. I did take it in and this is what they found.

Cause: Connector for LF side mirror assembly corroded.

Corrections: Removed door panel and verified window switch inoperative and side mirror had stored faults present on DCU module on LF. Found connector on side mirror corroded due to lack of weather grade seals. Two other optical connectors have proper weather grade seals and are fine. Replaced door harness, side mirror with corroded harness, and applied dielectric grease on connectors to prevent moisture build up. Wrapped up corroded connector with electrical tape to prevent further water intrusion. Calibrated Left wing camera and surround view camera. Verified everything works normally.
Had your car been in service for the technical service bulletins yet?

Had your car been in service for the technical service bulletins yet?
Hydbob, That's a good question. I believe there they did something with a battery sensor. A quick look through the work orders didn't show anything else.

Hydbob, That's a good question. I believe there they did something with a battery sensor. A quick look through the work orders didn't show anything else.
There was a TSB involved window switches being upside down on some cars causing corrosion in the switches.

There was a TSB involved window switches being upside down on some cars causing corrosion in the switches.
That totally sounds like what happened to me! If another window goes or I happen to need to bring it in for something else, I'm going to ask them about that. Thanks for the info!

That totally sounds like what happened to me! If another window goes or I happen to need to bring it in for something else, I'm going to ask them about that. Thanks for the info!
TSC-K0622-004-V2 Rear DCU Orientation Update

My problem is not the frequency of the service, but rather getting them to respond at all. I contacted customer care about four issues I think they need to address (annual service, very small tire bulge, driver's door not always closing/latching and a creak/squeal/gurgle type noise coming from somewhere under center console.) It has been about a week since I first contacted them with no response other than the standard responses. They even told me they were not scheduling "annual" service until you reached 12k miles when the manual clearly states 12k miles or one year, whichever comes first. All I want to do is get this scheduled, even if it is 4-6 weeks out.

I am getting very worried about the status of service, especially for those of us who do not live near Service Centers.

First month of ownership. The center screen died after ~200 miles driven. Service came out within 2 days to diagnose the issue and parts had to be ordered, which took a week. Now, I'm waiting to be notified when mobile service can come out.

The disappointing thing is that I'm trying to get people to respond to texts and calls and I really shouldn't have to be trying to chase down information. I'm still waiting on service to give me info on where and when to take my car in for a lopsided trunk. The lack of communication is more frustrating than the reliability at this point.

Had to call multiple times to get the diagnostic setup. Had to call multiple times to follow up on when parts were delivered or if there was an inventory issue. Had to call to find install date (still waiting to hear back).

First month of ownership. The center screen died after ~200 miles driven. Service came out within 2 days to diagnose the issue and parts had to be ordered, which took a week. Now, I'm waiting to be notified when mobile service can come out.

The disappointing thing is that I'm trying to get people to respond to texts and calls and I really shouldn't have to be trying to chase down information. I'm still waiting on service to give me info on where and when to take my car in for a lopsided trunk. The lack of communication is more frustrating than the reliability at this point.

Had to call multiple times to get the diagnostic setup. Had to call multiple times to follow up on when parts were delivered or if there was an inventory issue. Had to call to find install date (still waiting to hear back).
Out of curiosity, can you share the trim of the vehicle you purchased?

Out of curiosity, can you share the trim of the vehicle you purchased?
I got a touring. Ownership without a service center nearby is a pretty big inconvenience and mobile technician is nice, but from what I understand it's one guy primarily responsible for 130+ miles of territory and I'm like the only Lucid on the wrong side of that 130 mi range.

I got a touring. Ownership without a service center nearby is a pretty big inconvenience and mobile technician is nice, but from what I understand it's one guy primarily responsible for 130+ miles of territory and I'm like the only Lucid on the wrong side of that 130 mi range.
Well, hang it there. I will get better.

I have mobile service as well, and they've been stellar.

4k miles in 6 weeks in AT/19" daily driving in DC Metro/Baltimore/NYC - no problems.
The same metro area, but I have 5.8k miles in 9 weeks. It took me 6 weeks to get service for a lot of trim problems. I hope I get the car back soon. Besides that I have had no problems (besides my home charge point charger constant resets), I haven't even had to do any resets - soft or hard on the car. I love the car, but I wish service was better/faster - I believe disabled cars are prioritized eh.... which actually would make sense.

16K miles on my GT delivered April 2022:
-service visit 1 = steering wheel vibration at highway speeds and around corners, right front road force rebalance solved the problem.

-service visit 2 = water leak into back floor of car, must have been self inflicted due to door of closing or window slightly open during massive rain storm as very extensive testing revealed no leak, no fault of Lucid

-service visit 3 = rear right passenger door rocker panel broke off due to slight misalignment catching on front passenger door, also left rear window controls not working, also GPS quit working. Trim replaced, window control fixed, GPS reset.

-service visit 4 = 12k mile service, multiple service bulletins implemented, trim dented by a rock replaced.

-service visit 5 = left battery coolant pump/rear drive motor coolant pump/charge port door bus failure leading to turtle mode at the end of a road trip, requiring an Uber home, a tow and a rental for 2 weeks. This happened within an hour of charging the car, apparently the same thing just happened to another owner on here. Lucid service response was rapid, thorough and continuously communicative through the whole duration. It sucked it happened but their stellar service made it as pain free as possible.

-service visit 6 = frunk latch mechanism froze, inconsistent opening and closing, replaced.

-car currently in the body shop for 3 weeks so far for damaged bumper/frunk in minor scrape, waiting on my lame insurance company to approve labor rates.

In typing this I realized I’ve been without my car for probably 8-10 weeks of ownership. I still love the car, I just want it back now please thank you ☹️ 100% of my experiences with Lucid service have been excellent. I’m 1 hour from Natick service center.

In typing this I realized I’ve been without my car for probably 8-10 weeks of ownership. I still love the car, I just want it back now please thank you ☹️ 100% of my experiences with Lucid service have been excellent. I’m 1 hour from Natick service center.
Some of that time, especially the most recent three weeks, are not the fault of Lucid. But nonetheless, you are without the car. C’est la vie.

Some of that time, especially the most recent three weeks, are not the fault of Lucid. But nonetheless, you are without the car. C’est la vie.
Yeah it’s bad luck more than anything. Hopefully when I get my car back it’s done with the drama, time to grow up haha.

16K miles on my GT delivered April 2022:
-service visit 1 = steering wheel vibration at highway speeds and around corners, right front road force rebalance solved the problem.

-service visit 2 = water leak into back floor of car, must have been self inflicted due to door of closing or window slightly open during massive rain storm as very extensive testing revealed no leak, no fault of Lucid

-service visit 3 = rear right passenger door rocker panel broke off due to slight misalignment catching on front passenger door, also left rear window controls not working, also GPS quit working. Trim replaced, window control fixed, GPS reset.

-service visit 4 = 12k mile service, multiple service bulletins implemented, trim dented by a rock replaced.

-service visit 5 = left battery coolant pump/rear drive motor coolant pump/charge port door bus failure leading to turtle mode at the end of a road trip, requiring an Uber home, a tow and a rental for 2 weeks. This happened within an hour of charging the car, apparently the same thing just happened to another owner on here. Lucid service response was rapid, thorough and continuously communicative through the whole duration. It sucked it happened but their stellar service made it as pain free as possible.

-service visit 6 = frunk latch mechanism froze, inconsistent opening and closing, replaced.

-car currently in the body shop for 3 weeks so far for damaged bumper/frunk in minor scrape, waiting on my lame insurance company to approve labor rates.

It pains me to hear you have been without you car so long. I go a few days or a week and feel like I haven't seen my kids :)

Back