I'm Averaging 1 service appointment per month. What about you?

By the time I get my car back Lucid will have had it for 3 months in total over the last 12. The most recent stint is 4 to 6 weeks because they got into a fender bender when returning the car to my house. I'm beyond frustrated with Lucid where i'm over getting angry with them to everything that goes wrong being laughable at this point. Now I'm going to have an accident reported on the Carfax through no fault of my own.

The staff are nice at the BH Service Center but quite frankly, i'm sick of dealing with them. The last 2 issues the car was in for were minor (Frunk not automatically closing and Child Lock error) yet it seems standard they want the car for 1 to 2 weeks to fix minor things. No wonder the Service Centers are getting backed up if small jobs are taking this long.
Really sorry to hear this. I've had more than my share of issues over the first 2 1/2 months of ownership including 2 times towed to another location for service and 2 mobile service visits and they still have my car now. Hoping we both have better experiences going forward.

3 months out of 12 is definitely excessive. I'm not sure I could accept that. I'll be approaching or over 30 days without my car in total by the time I get it back. Hopefully they are treating you well though. Throughout all my issues, the Lucid people have been great as I have documented in the forum. If my car was as good/reliable as the Lucid teams I've worked with...

Do you live close enough to the service center that they gave you a loaner?

Owner since September 2022. One service visit for a blown speaker and rear deck creaking / rattling noise, otherwise no issues whatsoever.

Owner since September 2022. One service visit for a blown speaker and rear deck creaking / rattling noise, otherwise no issues whatsoever.
10,000 miles, I have had a few service “visits”… All minor stuff and all done mobile. I’ve never been to a service center since I picked it up.

9 months and 1 mobile service to replace a microswitch for front passenger door release. Car has been great

My problem is not the frequency of the service, but rather getting them to respond at all. I contacted customer care about four issues I think they need to address (annual service, very small tire bulge, driver's door not always closing/latching and a creak/squeal/gurgle type noise coming from somewhere under center console.) It has been about a week since I first contacted them with no response other than the standard responses. They even told me they were not scheduling "annual" service until you reached 12k miles when the manual clearly states 12k miles or one year, whichever comes first. All I want to do is get this scheduled, even if it is 4-6 weeks out.

I am getting very worried about the status of service, especially for those of us who do not live near Service Centers.
Hi, @CLTGT.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just sent you a DM.

Hi, @CLTGT.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just sent you a DM.
Received and responded. Have them scheduled to come in a couple weeks to fit my schedule.

This post is a great example of why forums are statistically worthless. One member has the car fail to proceed; another has had no problems. The universe is known but what portion of it is occupied by forum members is a different matter.

The information is useful but it should not be used to evaluate a car.

Really sorry to hear this. I've had more than my share of issues over the first 2 1/2 months of ownership including 2 times towed to another location for service and 2 mobile service visits and they still have my car now. Hoping we both have better experiences going forward.

3 months out of 12 is definitely excessive. I'm not sure I could accept that. I'll be approaching or over 30 days without my car in total by the time I get it back. Hopefully they are treating you well though. Throughout all my issues, the Lucid people have been great as I have documented in the forum. If my car was as good/reliable as the Lucid teams I've worked with...

Do you live close enough to the service center that they gave you a loaner?
I had a loaner on both occasions. 2 weeks in April (6th to 21st), they returned the car only to call them a couple of days later with another issue. They took the car again on the 27th, kept for 2 weeks then crashed it on the 11th when they were returning. Now it's coming up 4 weeks since having this loaner. So between beginning of April and now, Lucid has had me in a loaner for 6 weeks. It's great they've got loaners now but I never intended to keep them this long. When the car is eventually returned it's going to need to be then sent to the PPF place to get the new panels wrapped and ceramic coated so will be gone for probably another week.

My car has never had anything resolved by the mobile service. In fact, the mobile service visited my house ONCE since ownership (April 2022) only to say the car would need to go to the Service Center. Fan of the car but the experience over the last 12 months is wearing me down to a point we're i'm starting to debate if the car is really worth all this hassle.

This post is a great example of why forums are statistically worthless. One member has the car fail to proceed; another has had no problems. The universe is known but what portion of it is occupied by forum members is a different matter.

Agreed. Despite the issues with the hood and subsequent damage in transport, the car has been absolutely fantastic. Most of the individuals on here who have posted echo this sentiment.

Only Lucid knows the true number of issues. The sentiment remains astoundingly positive on the forum about the car itself. However, we are a group of enthusiasts. The statistical representation most likely the bulk of possible lifelong brand dedicated zealots. I am one of them.

Still, this thread and others like it have a use. By publishing issues, owners can stay on the lookout for issues that arise in their own cars (maybe with solutions on hand as well).

I took delivery the end of Feb 2023. We took the car immediately to get full PPF. It turns out the car had a small crack in rear window (less then 90 miles on vehicle). It has been at the shop a few weeks now waiting for the last parts to come in to repair it. It seems like they have to also replace a few large trim pieces to fix it. Not a Safellite job. 😂

Schrödinger’s Car

Service Appointment #4 (TBD May 2023)
* My drivers side windows controls do not work. I can't roll down the drivers side front window or any other window from that control. Passengers can control their own window fine. No more drive thru's until this is fixed!
Had a similar situation randomly occur for passenger front window. I performed a Valet Card reset, and the window control worked. Never had an issue with that prior nor since (about 30 days back).

Have you tried a soft reset (e.g. Valet or Turn Signal)?

Taken individually, each post is obviously an n of 1. But that's no different than talking to a friend or colleague to get their input or perspective on anything they have experienced.

But, the forum has over 3000 members, unfortunately many of whom probably are not active and/or don't always post either concerns or good things. With the group of intelligent and reasonable people we have here, we have a decently sized sampling of owners and prospective owners. Given that, when we informally and unofficially compile information from a large number of owners, I feel like you can start to see a clearer picture. The data here are not sufficient to say x percentage of vehicles will be trouble-free or y percentage will have any specific issue.

I find the posts like this useful as part of a larger picture. So, if/when we read multiple people saying things about their experiences with their cars, it can sometimes be enough to put it on the radar and be helpful to other owners or prospective owners.

Taken individually, each post is obviously an n of 1. But that's no different than talking to a friend or colleague to get their input or perspective on anything they have experienced.

But, the forum has over 3000 members, unfortunately many of whom probably are not active and/or don't always post either concerns or good things. With the group of intelligent and reasonable people we have here, we have a decently sized sampling of owners and prospective owners. Given that, when we informally and unofficially compile information from a large number of owners, I feel like you can start to see a clearer picture. The data here are not sufficient to say x percentage of vehicles will be trouble-free or y percentage will have any specific issue.

I find the posts like this useful as part of a larger picture. So, if/when we read multiple people saying things about their experiences with their cars, it can sometimes be enough to put it on the radar and be helpful to other owners or prospective owners.
Only about 300 are verified owners.

10k miles, owner since November.

I've had maybe 3 service appointments where the tech came to my house, and 2 where the car had to go.

For the 3, two of them was a misaligned hood and damaged contrails caused by the hood and trunk, and 1 was adhesives and other things coming apart. Also when opening rear passenger door it would open and clip the side panel between the driver side door and catch on the piece and damaged/scratched it. That needed alignment and replacement. And the center console being replaced for a AC/HVAC issue and USB C charger not working. Which the technician did in my garage.

For where the car had to go in, one was for drive train fault and battery fault which I mentioned on the forums in its own post.

And now it's gone in for a permanent frunk latch replacement module to keep the damn thing closed. As well as the recall.

But each time it's gone in, I haven't had the issues pop up again so I'm happy about that

I've had my Air Touring just over 5 months and it's going in for it's 4th service appointment. While I think the local service team is great, I'm seeing them a bit too frequently. I was hoping that after resolving some issues with the delivery I would be going maybe a year without service. Here's my experience, what is yours?

Service Appointment #1: (January 2023)
* The car came with some pretty obvious scratches in the front Lucid trim above the light bar. Had to replace trim. It also had some much more minor scratches on the front. They buffed this out so they weren't as noticeable.
* They also replaced the window regulator in the right window as it wasn't going up and down.
* Front license plate mount

Service Appointment #2 (February 2023)
* Rear passenger soft close door fixed

Service Appointment #3 (May 2023)
* Whistling noise at 45+ mph for last couple of months. Lucid team determined that there was a problem in the front trim install for the first service and some weatherstrip / seal was not installed properly leading to air entering the car by the trim

Service Appointment #4 (TBD May 2023)
* My drivers side windows controls do not work. I can't roll down the drivers side front window or any other window from that control. Passengers can control their own window fine. No more drive thru's until this is fixed!
19,000 miles no unexpected service visits. My only service visit was at 13,000 miles for recommended annual tire rotation and break inspection. No issues at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2142.jpeg
    IMG_2142.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
4k miles in 6 weeks in AT/19" daily driving in DC Metro/Baltimore/NYC - no problems.

Back