Back from vacation- can't wake up car

LisasLucid

Cars
2023 Touring
I had been having issues with the entertainment system since the new update which was annoying but at least the car generally worked. Figured I would spend some time with it after vacation and drove a different car. Then started having problems with the car waking up (mobile app open and fob in hand) even when pushing handles. Came back from vacation and now the car won't wake up at all. Call customer care, they could not wake it up. Local service is not responding to calls from Care or me. Tried unstalling app, but the mobile key part requires that I connect it to the car via the panel. So... ? Any ideas?

Also, when I push the passenger side door handle a light flashes by the side mirror, the car makes a sound and then nothing happens.

Try a new battery in the fob, then try the card key and lastly, try the dead fob open where you push an hold the driver door handle for three seconds while holding the fob below the camera on the door pilla.

I had tried 1&3, just tried the card. Nope. Service is sending a tech. Curious as there seems to be a frequent discussion on the fob battery- how often do people replace them? The ones on my Audi last a few years but I suppose they don't send signals in the same way.

I had tried 1&3, just tried the card. Nope. Service is sending a tech. Curious as there seems to be a frequent discussion on the fob battery- how often do people replace them? The ones on my Audi last a few years but I suppose they don't send signals in the same way.
I've had my car for 8 months and my fob batteries are doing fine. Others seem to replace them every few weeks. Who knows what's oging on there?

Proximity of the fob(s) to the car is important .. if you leave the fob(s) near your garage or parking spot, you should try a faraday pouch (e.g. these).

Also, I'd try using the card (below driver post camera) to see if car unlocks, but it sounds like you're having issues w/ your 12V battery.

Good luck

Proximity of the fob(s) to the car is important .. if you leave the fob(s) near your garage or parking spot, you should try a faraday pouch (e.g. these).

Also, I'd try using the card (below driver post camera) to see if car unlocks, but it sounds like you're having issues w/ your 12V battery.

Good luck
I know this has been the common consensus, but I am under the impression it is movement of the fob that the car looks for. If you leave the fob near the car but there was no movement, it shouldn’t activate anything. I would try it, but I have no idea where my fobs are.

I know this has been the common consensus, but I am under the impression it is movement of the fob that the car looks for. If you leave the fob near the car but there was no movement, it shouldn’t activate anything. I would try it, but I have no idea where my fobs are.
I believe that the fob firmware update, that occurred as part of 2.x updates, the motion sensor in the fob was activated to put the fob in a deep sleep when it is not moving.

The tech came out and replaced the battery on the fob, which woke the car up and then allowed the card key to work (that did not work before). Apparently part of the problem is also connectivity as we have ATT wifi, but Lucid was not connecting to the car. They took the car for service (maybe an antenna issue?). It would be helpful, with all of the battery fob issues, if there was a low battery alert like on Audi. It seems strange to have them wear out every few months (also I don't carry one in my pocket nor store them near my car (though how near is near? - is inside the house 40 ft away near?). Tech said it might be good to carry extra batteries.

The tech came out and replaced the battery on the fob, which woke the car up and then allowed the card key to work (that did not work before). Apparently part of the problem is also connectivity as we have ATT wifi, but Lucid was not connecting to the car. They took the car for service (maybe an antenna issue?). It would be helpful, with all of the battery fob issues, if there was a low battery alert like on Audi. It seems strange to have them wear out every few months (also I don't carry one in my pocket nor store them near my car (though how near is near? - is inside the house 40 ft away near?). Tech said it might be good to carry extra batteries.
A couple quick notes....
Assuming the car has no service-related problems:
  1. No cell signal is needed to use the fob or mobile key
  2. The key card works independent of any other mode of entry
  3. There is a low battery alert for the fob(s) which will appear on the left dashboard (recent addition) the
  4. If your batteries are wearing out quickly, check and make sure they're not the type with "bitterant" coating... for kids... if so, wipe them off with alcohol.
  5. There is no need to store the key fob far away from the car, when it is stationary it will not give a signal.
  6. Batteries do seem to wear out much more quickly in this fob than other manufacturers'. Carrying an extra battery or two is not a bad idea. Also, a single-0use alcohol wipe to clean off the bitter coating if it does have it.

A couple quick notes....
  3. There is a low battery alert for the fob(s) which will appear on the left dashboard (recent addition) the
  4. If your batteries are wearing out quickly, check and make sure they're not the type with "bitterant" coating... for kids... if so, wipe them off with alcohol.
  5. There is no need to store the key fob far away from the car, when it is stationary it will not give a signal.
  6. Batteries do seem to wear out much more quickly in this fob than other manufacturers'. Carrying an extra battery or two is not a bad idea. Also, a single-0use alcohol wipe to clean off the bitter coating if it does have it.
1) ok, but mobile key was "not able to reach the server" so and was not able to wake up the car
2) it did not work until after the battery was replaced and I tried it on both sides of the car in exactly the same way the tech did.
3) will have to look for that - helpful to know
4) shall I lick the fob?
5) also helpful
6) it would be nice if there are not just a list of workarounds and things just...worked?

1) ok, but mobile key was "not able to reach the server" so and was not able to wake up the car
2) it did not work until after the battery was replaced and I tried it on both sides of the car in exactly the same way the tech did.
3) will have to look for that - helpful to know
4) shall I lick the fob?
5) also helpful
6) it would be nice if there are not just a list of workarounds and things just...worked?
1. Mobile key does not need to reach the server. It works via Bluetooth, requiring zero cellular signal or connection. The app on the other hand, to press the unlock button button within, requires cellular. Take a look and make sure you have that set up. If you do and it's not working as you expect, you can delete and add it back.
2. The key fob can be used, even without a battery at all, by holding the doorhandle in firmly for three seconds and then putting the key fob below the B-pillar camera.

The list of workarounds you are requesting exists and can be found at www.lucidupdates.com on the FAQ page. There is an entire subsection devoted to locking and unlocking.

A couple quick notes....
My fob died for the 2nd time about 2 weeks ago with no low battery indicator showing on my dashboard prior.

My fob died for the 2nd time about 2 weeks ago with no low battery indicator showing on my dashboard prior.
I just saw it for the first time last week. I don't know how long it has been available because I normally don't use the fob… Driving a loaner right now.

I just saw it for the first time last week. I don't know how long it has been available because I normally don't use the fob… Driving a loaner right now.
Which software version is the loaner on?

1. Mobile key does not need to reach the server. It works via Bluetooth, requiring zero cellular signal or connection. The app on the other hand, to press the unlock button button within, requires cellular. Take a look and make sure you have that set up. If you do and it's not working as you expect, you can delete and add it back.
2. The key fob can be used, even without a battery at all, by holding the doorhandle in firmly for three seconds and then putting the key fob below the B-pillar camera.

The list of workarounds you are requesting exists and can be found at www.lucidupdates.com on the FAQ page. There is an entire subsection devoted to locking and unlocking.
Ok, then there is something else wrong with the car as neither/none of those was effective.

All fixed. It was a problem related to the software update which caused a loss of connectivity. It was covered under the warranty, but the come to my house would have cost $350. I am curious to hear how it works if something goes wrong with a software update, and the car is past warranty, how/if I would get charged. Any thoughts?

All fixed. It was a problem related to the software update which caused a loss of connectivity. It was covered under the warranty, but the come to my house would have cost $350. I am curious to hear how it works if something goes wrong with a software update, and the car is past warranty, how/if I would get charged. Any thoughts?
I have never heard of anybody being charged for a mobile service for warranty items. I imagine after the warranty is over you will pay like any other car company: time and parts.

I have never heard of anybody being charged for a mobile service for warranty items. I imagine after the warranty is over you will pay like any other car company: time and parts.
Just helpful to know what, in the future, the cost for them to come to your house to service vs towing to a service center.

Back