Pothole 1 - Lucid Air 0

IMG_0253.jpeg

After serving me well for 7,258 miles, my left front tire has met its match. Hit that sucker in the dark at only 20mph or so and my tire was instantly flat. Good on the Air for immediately giving me a TPMS warning and hobbling off to a side street like a champ.

View attachment 17910
After serving me well for 7,258 miles, my left front tire has met its match. Hit that sucker in the dark at only 20mph or so and my tire was instantly flat. Good on the Air for immediately giving me a TPMS warning and hobbling off to a side street like a champ.

That’s a crater.

View attachment 17910
Wow, I wouldn't even know how a hole like that was created! Worse, it is in the perfect spot for tires to hit it, and I'm surprised your rear tire didn't get damaged.

I just went through that myself but had both tires damaged. Worse, I had to get the left front wheel replaced as it got slightly bent and alignment done because the car kept pulling to the right in ACC and HA ($1250 + tires). Might want to check.

Pothole 3 - Lucid 0

View attachment 17910

Wow, that is a mean looking pothole, almost looks like a pothole within a pothole. Sorry to hear you also had a bad run in and hope you are back on the road. Better the tire damage than the wheel, I will say from experience!

Hitting that hole, your 20s wouldn't have fared much better If they hit it dead-on.
Still on original wheels and tires with 11k plus miles on them but Arizona roads are pretty tame

View attachment 17910
Sorry to hear about your flat, but I’m honestly unimpressed with that pothole. We’ve got lots of those in NY. Driving on some streets in NY is like running a slalom. :(

Sorry to hear about your flat, but I’m honestly unimpressed with that pothole. We’ve got lots of those in NY. Driving on some streets in NY is like running a slalom. :(
Sadly able to relate with constantly swerving around potholes as the DC metro area is godawful. Road conditions here may be worse than roads outside of Baghdad’s green zone.

Weather plays a huge factor, but the lack of response infrastructure and funding for the roads is the main issue.

Still, I cannot give up the amazing look and handling of my Lucid 21 inch wheels, even in Swerve City!

True. I grew up in NYC. There’s a reason nobody there drives except in the boroughs and only when necessary haha

Sadly able to relate with constantly swerving around potholes as the DC metro area is godawful. Road conditions here may be worse than roads outside of Baghdad’s green zone.

Weather plays a huge factor, but the lack of response infrastructure and funding for the roads is the main issue.

Still, I cannot give up the amazing look and handling of my Lucid 21 inch wheels, even in Swerve City!
It's always "funny" when I drive away from our nation's capitol in any direction and find roads with:
- Better, newer pavement
- Pavement markings that are actually reflective rather than invisible in the dark/rain
- Street signs I can actually see
:(

True. I grew up in NYC. There’s a reason nobody there drives except in the boroughs and only when necessary haha
I moved to NY (Greenwich Village) in 1973 and lived there until 1980. I sold my car just before I moved in and didn't buy a car again until I left. I rented when I needed a car for a trip. Driving in NY is so bad that my wife and I used to grab a cab in Greenwich Village to go to the upper part of Manhattan and by the time we got to Herald Square (a short distance away) I paid off the cab and we got in the subway. Driving in NY is a hassle with both the congestion and the potholes.

I've hit several big potholes and my 20" wheels have survived them all until last week when a pothole the size of a crater took one out. I had just purchased a spare the week before so was fortunately able to get home. I had replaced my OEM summer tires with all-seasons from Tire Rack last year and all their tires have 2 years of road hazard protection so I received compensation for a free tire replacement.

Back