Pothole 1 - Lucid Air 0

Agree 21’s of course on the track, but personally been quite some time since I’ve practiced drifting on public roads.
No time like the present

In my not so humble opinion, it is insane to put a 5,000+ pound vehicle on low profile tires ( <45 ) that were originally designed for 2,000-2,5000 pound sports cars. The design aesthetic of today cannot contravene the laws of physics. Most tires have been 60 profile not 35 profile tires. Even 45 profile tires are pushing it for a 5,000 pound vehicle. And, no spare? Crazy.

In my not so humble opinion, it is insane to put a 5,000+ pound vehicle on low profile tires ( <45 ) that were originally designed for 2,000-2,5000 pound sports cars. The design aesthetic of today cannot contravene the laws of physics. Most tires have been 60 profile not 35 profile tires. Even 45 profile tires are pushing it for a 5,000 pound vehicle. And, no spare? Crazy.
Guess I'm crazy :P

I love my 21" wheels and Pirelli tires. Nice ride and excellent handling. These tires were designed specifically for my Lucid.

having spent two years on both the 19" A/S and the 21" summer tires, I BY FAR prefer the the 21" summer tires at 44 psi.
have to swap back to A/S next month ...
1726713990564.webp

sigh...

Last edited:
Tire technology continues to evolve so 21” running low A/R tires can easily be accomplished. I remember when people thought it was crazy when I got 16” wheels for my car back in the 80’s.

Back