Lucid Air gets MAJOR price decreases...

But their website has had 500 plastered all over it until recently. Now there’s no mention of that anymore
Once you configure the car, choosing the trim and wheels, it gives you the range for your configuration. The GT with 19" wheels still comes back saying 516 when you're finished.

If all this are included and if you find a 2023 with DDP and SSP this car is a steal and you get best of an EC at the same time.
What’s a studio discount?

Picking it up from the studio… possibly? We got $1000 discount for picking it up
I call d them and told them you were a VIP, so they gave you a little extra discount.

Once you configure the car, choosing the trim and wheels, it gives you the range for your configuration. The GT with 19" wheels still comes back saying 516 when you're finished.
Yea, that still doesn't answer what happened to the "up to 500 miles" that it used to list for the GT. With 20s and 21s it'll be 46x, not 500

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
View attachment 18348

You have got to be kidding me. Literally two days after we got a new car because of the price, they drop the prices 🤣 but I'm very happy for the company! Cracking the 70k border is very important and I am sure sales will increase by a lot. If this is how the new prices will be, I wonder if Gravity will follow.. in that case, Lucid will take over the world. Or maybe it was to create a gap between the Gravity or this?

What new car you got?

I took delivery of my 2023 Air GT last 2 weeks of $110,670 capital cost out of the door after the pro + air credits and $7500 EV savings. After the new price decreases on 2024 Air GT with the base price of $109,900 without any options. If you configure the build to fully loaded 2024 model, it comes down to $129,600. I still think 2023 is still a better deal since it also come with 2 years EA unlimited free charging and well $300 savings toward the home charger kit. BTW, the 2023 models are still available to order which come with the mentioned credits which varies among Pure, Touring, and GT. Snapshots for 2023 vs 2024 Air GT build incentives comparison.

2023 GT
View attachment 18351

2024 GT
View attachment 18350

I didn’t know they already dropped Dream Drive Pro from $9000 to $6750.

Probably a stretch, but I was really struggling with pure vs touring bc I loved the stealth package, but ultimately decided not to bc at the time it was significantly higher (forget the exact numbers but something like 15-20k) but now that they offer stealth trim on pure, I’d certainly shell out a few grand for the trim pieces…has anyone asked or tried to inquire about this? I know logistically it will be tough but idk more $$$

I think Hyundai/Kia is making some of the best value conscious EVs. We test drove the Kia EV6 when it first came out and were quite impressed with the value proposition.
We test drove a Ioniq 5 and KIA EV6, they make a strong case for those who don't wany a Model 3/Y. Interiors could be better, too much plastic ( comparing to a Lucid), but at that price point not bad at all. I would buy one of those over a Tesla, I liked the 360 camera, cross detect, blind spot cameras and having some buttons. Aren't Tesla's getting boring? See them everywhere.

@xponents What does your family think of EV9? I’m currently in SF on Hertz rental EV6, I don’t think it’s a bad car.
Not to turn this thread into it, but I am posting a review that should be coming up soon! It will address pretty much everything folks on the forum here should want it to, except driving(for obvious reasons 🤣) The overall consensus for me is that despite only being a stopgap till the gravity, it is a VERY nice car.

If you do want some specific info about it, I can answer them in DMs or another thread!

Last edited:
I think I see the Sapphire gets $10 off...
Now, it looks very affordable. Lol.
Yup, before it was WAY too overpriced and nobody was buying it. With this absolutely DRASTIC price drop, it is so affordable that it is competing with a used camry for my first car!! 🤣

Interestingly, Hyundai are partnering with CEER in Saudi to make a " people's EV "....perhaps Lucid will provide them the tech? Does Hyundai need it?

Interestingly, Hyundai are partnering with CEER in Saudi to make a " people's EV "....perhaps Lucid will provide them the tech? Does Hyundai need it?
Well, as stated before, Lucids technology is far too expensive as of now to be used in a mainstream brand. There is like a 0.01 percent chance it happens though, as we saw a Gravity testing in south korea(although that was probably related to autonomous driving).

I think Hyundai/Kia is making some of the best value conscious EVs. We test drove the Kia EV6 when it first came out and were quite impressed with the value proposition.
I somehow to think Hertz employees hate EV.

Me: I like to drive an EV.
Hertz: Why? Hybrid is just as good with more winter range.
Me: But I just want an EV and what do you have garage?
Hertz: We got all kinds, but they are just bad deal bc expensive to maintain. People come to SF all hate EVs, where are you from?
Me: Texas and I drive EV back home.
Hertz: What for?! Gas is so cheap in Texas.
Me: … 😐 Cheaper than sunlight?
Hertz: … 😑

Back