Lucid Air gets MAJOR price decreases...

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
1708007308336.png

You have got to be kidding me. Literally two days after we got a new car because of the price, they drop the prices 🤣 but I'm very happy for the company! Cracking the 70k border is very important and I am sure sales will increase by a lot. If this is how the new prices will be, I wonder if Gravity will follow.. in that case, Lucid will take over the world. Or maybe it was to create a gap between the Gravity or this?

Last edited:
There are also other benefits, like the Lucid Home charger effectively being reduced to 200 dollars without incentives(in nj that means the state pays me 50 dollars!) and free maintenance for two years on ALL Air models. Stealth is now available on Pures.

As @Lucken and me thought, I wonder if the pure models for Gravity can be even cheaper than the "under 80k" target(as in, under 70k)? It was said that Gravity would be equipped with a Glass roof and AWD at launch, leading us to believe the under 80k model was the touring. If Gravity gets under 70k... yeah, bye bye Model X/R1S! BTW, whats the over/under for time that Tesla takes until they decrease the Model S price?

Last edited:
The starting price has been lowered, but a fully configured car will still run at $135,350. A GT can now be purchased with a metal roof vs. glass roof. Almost all options beyond the default come with a price tag similar to Porsche's approach. Others will have to confirm if this is a lower all number than the old prices.

The starting price has been lowered, but a fully configured car will still run at $135,350. A GT can now be purchased with a metal roof vs. glass roof. Almost all options beyond the default come with a price tag similar to Porsche's approach. Others will have to confirm if this is a lower all number than the old prices.
Well, the GT used to be 139k and 154k fully loaded, so it would still be cheaper. Other trims have more drastic decreases compared to what they used to be, for example a fully loaded Touring on the inventory page is 87k while it used to be 96k(both after incentives).

Well, the GT used to be 139k and 154k fully loaded, so it would still be cheaper. Other trims have more drastic decreases compared to what they used to be, for example a fully loaded Touring on the inventory page is 87k while it used to be 96k(both after incentives).
Original pricing or close to it then. That is good. The incentives and discounts made it difficult to determine out the door price.

I took delivery of my 2023 Air GT last 2 weeks of $110,670 capital cost out of the door after the pro + air credits and $7500 EV savings. After the new price decreases on 2024 Air GT with the base price of $109,900 without any options. If you configure the build to fully loaded 2024 model, it comes down to $129,600. I still think 2023 is still a better deal since it also come with 2 years EA unlimited free charging and well $300 savings toward the home charger kit. BTW, the 2023 models are still available to order which come with the mentioned credits which varies among Pure, Touring, and GT. Snapshots for 2023 vs 2024 Air GT build incentives comparison.

2023 GT
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 7.24.21 AM.png

2024 GT
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 7.10.00 AM.png

Another thing they're now giving is 2 years free maintenance. I think that's new. I'm all in favor of getting more of these great cars into the hands of prospective buyers. Reducing price and providing more incentives is a great way to achieve greater penetration.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
View attachment 18348

You have got to be kidding me. Literally two days after we got a new car because of the price, they drop the prices 🤣 but I'm very happy for the company! Cracking the 70k border is very important and I am sure sales will increase by a lot. If this is how the new prices will be, I wonder if Gravity will follow.. in that case, Lucid will take over the world. Or maybe it was to create a gap between the Gravity or this?
Isn’t it only about $1k lower? Its an incentive, not a major price decrease 😂

Isn’t it only about $1k lower? Its an incentive, not a major price decrease 😂
Nope, as shown on the press release, it’s an actual price decrease! The difference is smaller for the GT, but the price difference on the pure and touring is huge. For example, a fully loaded touring is 87k vs the 96 it was before. A pure starts at 69900 vs the 77400 it previously started at.

Fully loaded touring still runs close to 97k with glass roof and dream drive pro and surreal surround pro and Mojave interior. It just depends how you configure the car. It can still go closer to 100k.

Not really.. I think around 9K reduction of Touring when compared to OG price.
Touring 2024:
1708014628213.png

Another thing they're now giving is 2 years free maintenance. I think that's new. I'm all in favor of getting more of these great cars into the hands of prospective buyers. Reducing price and providing more incentives is a great way to achieve greater penetration.
According to their site: Offer valid only for new 2022-2024 Lucid Air models purchased or leased on or after February 15, 2024.
This was extracted from: https://lucidmotors.com/stories/lucid-offers-two-year-complimentary-maintenance

Fully loaded touring still runs close to 97k with glass roof and dream drive pro and surreal surround pro and Mojave interior. It just depends how you configure the car. It can still go closer to 100k.
Yes, but that touring would have more features than the 2023 model, such as the massaging front seats. An equivalent spec is still considerably less!

Does anyone know if the two year free maintenance only applies to new owners?
maintenance is not mandatory to keep your warranty anyway, they don't do anything except a "multi-point inspection" which they do whenever you bring your car in for service anyway.

Yes, but that touring would have more features than the 2023 model, such as the massaging front seats. An equivalent spec is still considerably less!
I literally got a 2024 3 weeks ago and the massaging seats was not even an option one could get.

Back