Powerup benchmark - not faster in 1.2.11, 23 seconds to in-gear and 50 seconds to garage close

PenguinOpus

Cars
2012 Model S(FE), AGT
Folks,

I'm seeing some reports saying 1.2.11 is faster to boot, but I don't think we're measuring the same thing. My benchmark:
- double-click car key
- start timer
- wait ~1-2 seconds for car door handles to open
- enter car
- hit brake pedal (again and again)
- 18 seconds later, center dash lights up but you can't shift gears
- 23 seconds from key double click, car can be put in reverse
- 50 seconds after key double click, garage door UI can be used to close garage door.

This is zero improvement from earlier and is really not acceptable.

Last edited:
acceptable or not, you have to accept it. I just dont understand, why the software has to go to sleep.. why not just stay on... If it needs to reboot, then reboot and go into standby mode so its ready to go.

The “significantly” faster boot times are supposed to be in a future update (not 1.2.11). I would speculate that the faster boot time update will probably come out around the time we have CarPlay and Dream Drive Pro.

Folks,

I'm seeing some reports saying 1.2.11 is faster to boot, but I don't think we're measuring the same thing. My benchmark:
- double-click car key
- start timer
- enter car
- 50 seconds after key double click, garage door UI can be used to close garage door.

The stats above are good to have for future reference. Thanks for putting that out there.

1.2.11 update is 'supposedly' the foundation for the next set of incoming updates to reduce the above times.

And like you, I did not witness any HUGE benefit on 1.2.11 per se. My car woke/drove the same. (Sat images don't do it for me. Confusing especially in cities).

So we wait. Once again, thanks for documenting the times. Will help in the future.

Cheers

Folks,

- double-click car key
- start timer
- enter car

I guess I'm too easy. As soon as I enter the garage (three car with Lucid the farthest away) with my fob or iphone in my pocket, the doors unlock and the car starts doing its thing. Takes me about 10 seconds or so to walk around the other two cars and around the Lucid to the driver's door. By the time I open the door and get into the car I can immediately step on the brake once and put the car into reverse. Back out of the garage without any problem but it does require a number of clicks to get to the garage door icon. Not a big deal for me but I have been told by a reliable source the big update that is coming (2.0) will have faster boot up times for those that care.

Back