3 months 2100 miles

Ok, bottom line. Is there a 100% reliable way to lock and unlock this car? I just want to know what works all of the time. I do not want my wife’s safety at risk because she either can’t lock or unlock the car when needed. The other ways will come with time, I hope.
The key card is 100% reliable

Great, thanks for the info. It helps to have realistic expectations about the current status of the car and its’ software. I think I know what to expect with the radio. I now know what to rely on for locking and unlocking. Dreamdrive pro/Level 3 driving is not that important to Me. I like to drive. I appreciate ACC, but don’t currently have it anyway. I used to and miss it. I do not need a car that drives itself. My M5 is a 2014 with 47k miles, so it’s not like I do a lot of driving. I work from home and we take my wife’s GLS450 to the lakehouse or on longer trips. The test drive was somewhat helpful, but you really don’t get much of a chance to use the car how you will when you actually own it.

Great, thanks for the info. It helps to have realistic expectations about the current status of the car and its’ software. I think I know what to expect with the radio. I now know what to rely on for locking and unlocking. Dreamdrive pro/Level 3 driving is not that important to Me. I like to drive. I appreciate ACC, but don’t currently have it anyway. I used to and miss it. I do not need a car that drives itself. My M5 is a 2014 with 47k miles, so it’s not like I do a lot of driving. I work from home and we take my wife’s GLS450 to the lakehouse or on longer trips. The test drive was somewhat helpful, but you really don’t get much of a chance to use the car how you will when you actually own it.

The ACC works spectacularly. It has been fantastic, and I’ve never had an issue with it. I set the “collision warning” to Early and it can be a little annoying (since it triggers early sometimes, by design) but I’d rather be careful. Given how well it works I may set it back to normal soon.

Ok, bottom line. Is there a 100% reliable way to lock and unlock this car? I just want to know what works all of the time. I do not want my wife’s safety at risk because she either can’t lock or unlock the car when needed. The other ways will come with time, I hope.
I have never not been able to get into the car. I have the valet card in my wallet and only needed to use it once multiple updates ago. The car always locks. It is just a question of when. I deleted the Phone as a key to try and minimize variables. I carry the key fob. Unlocking the car can be immediate, or it might be a few seconds, or you might wait 5 seconds, with no result, then press the handle which may or may not work. Then from your pocket or purse get the fob and press the fob “button”, which has always worked except that one time. The standard is first time, every time, immediately. Is there anyone who will testify the Lucid unlock/lock works as well as a BMW, GM, or Honda, or ????? There is not one customizable feature. In my opinion it is spectacularly bad. I can not enjoy a car that does not unlock and lock when I want it to every time. Every time the first time. Yes, I can get the fob out of my pocket, yes I can do 5 button presses to close the garage door, yes I can press Bluetooth as an input every time I want to listen to something on my phone, yes I can mount my phone somewhere and use it for Nav because the car Nav sucks, yes I can use the mirrors and ignore the park distance. This is a 180k car. I expect the basic systems to work and to be better than a Kia. No offense to Kia, they lock and unlock as expected every time.

For me the door handle only present themselves about one in five tries. When the handles do not present, I press on the door handle and it has presented that handle 100% of the time. This does not bother me since I have to press the handle on my other cars. I know others have not been as lucky as I have.
Frankly, I would prefer to press on the handle rather than have all four handles present themselves while I'm 10ft away in a parking lot. My Lexus LS460 allows me to program the key's unlock functions, and this is an urgently needed security fix.

Frankly, I would prefer to press on the handle rather than have all four handles present themselves while I'm 10ft away in a parking lot. My Lexus LS460 allows me to program the key's unlock functions, and this is an urgently needed security fix.
My wife mostly will not drive the car due to not being able to turn off “proximity” unlock and no ability to set unlock to drivers door only.

I have never not been able to get into the car. I have the valet card in my wallet and only needed to use it once multiple updates ago. The car always locks. It is just a question of when. I deleted the Phone as a key to try and minimize variables. I carry the key fob. Unlocking the car can be immediate, or it might be a few seconds, or you might wait 5 seconds, with no result, then press the handle which may or may not work. Then from your pocket or purse get the fob and press the fob “button”, which has always worked except that one time. The standard is first time, every time, immediately. Is there anyone who will testify the Lucid unlock/lock works as well as a BMW, GM, or Honda, or ????? There is not one customizable feature. In my opinion it is spectacularly bad. I can not enjoy a car that does not unlock and lock when I want it to every time. Every time the first time. Yes, I can get the fob out of my pocket, yes I can do 5 button presses to close the garage door, yes I can press Bluetooth as an input every time I want to listen to something on my phone, yes I can mount my phone somewhere and use it for Nav because the car Nav sucks, yes I can use the mirrors and ignore the park distance. This is a 180k car. I expect the basic systems to work and to be better than a Kia. No offense to Kia, they lock and unlock as expected every time.

What issues do you have with the Nav? I only have one: i want the compass direction when given a Highway.

Right now it will say “take the exit to 280” but won’t say north or south.

Other than that, nav works great and always picks the fastest route based in traffic. Downloaded maps work great too when I don’t have service.

My wife mostly will not drive the car due to not being able to turn off “proximity” unlock and no ability to set unlock to drivers door only.
Exactly. This is not a trivial safety concern.

The keyfob works great for me. Proximity unlock works 95% of the time right away, 5% of the time takes 10-15 seconds.

The mobile key also works fine for me, but the proximity is more like 90%.

There are people who have some issues, but I suspect those are service issues that can be resolved. It sounds like @Bill55 has had the worst of the lot, and I feel for him (for real, I hope they fix this soon), but I don’t suspect that his issues are shared by the majority of owners.
I have all the issues he has, and more. It seems the key fob reliability has a wide range amongst owners. Mine works about 40% of the time and they’ve taken the car 2x’s to try and fix it but no luck so far.

What issues do you have with the Nav? I only have one: i want the compass direction when given a Highway.

Right now it will say “take the exit to 280” but won’t say north or south.

Other than that, nav works great and always picks the fastest route based in traffic. Downloaded maps work great too when I don’t have service.
My experience is it freezes, you can’t mute the audio, the visuals are not great. I would much rather touch the text or email on my phone than type something into the car. It’s almost as good as my 2013 corvette was before I changed the head unit to something with CarPlay.

I have all the issues he has, and more. It seems the key fob reliability has a wide range amongst owners. Mine works about 40% of the time and they’ve taken the car 2x’s to try and fix it but no luck so far.

Yeah, I’m not saying it doesn’t exist! I just wonder about how widespread it is; the forums aren’t a good representative sample, unfortunately, in either direction.

My experience is it freezes, you can’t mute the audio, the visuals are not great. I would much rather touch the text or email on my phone than type something into the car. It’s almost as good as my 2013 corvette was before I changed the head unit to something with CarPlay.

Oh right - the audio lady is annoying! I do hope they fix that soon.

Haven’t had any freezes though, and I genuinely like the visuals 🤷‍♂️

Oh right - the audio lady is annoying! I do hope they fix that soon.
“Turn Left NOW!”, she says - 1000 feet before the intersection. When my wife heard that for the first time, she exclaimed, “My, she is very authoritative!” I told her the Nav lady was probably from Germany [no offense to Germans - I was born there]

“Turn Left NOW!”, she says - 1000 feet before the intersection. When my wife heard that for the first time, she exclaimed, “My, she is very authoritative!” I told her the Nav lady was probably from Germany [no offense to Germans - I was born there]

Haha I just got back from my bachelor party weekend and when my best friend drove the Lucid he had a similar reaction - “I’ve never been yelled at more by anyone but my mother” haha

It does always pick the fastest route. However, it does not offer alternative routes (such as our Tesla and Googlemaps do). A couple of times I have wanted to take rural roads across Florida, but the Nav only offers interstate routes. I've had to use a workaround by programing a route to a mid-point town on the rural route and then program the final leg once I hit that mid-point.

Lucid is not alone in that respect. On our recent trip up the PCH from San Diego to San Francisco, there were several times where Googlemaps and applemaps would not give us the PCH option, just interstate or crazy routings to avoid interstates. We ended up setting mid-points on multiple occasions.

For some reason, we have started to use our phones more and more for Nav, even while in Charlotte driving our current cars. It's just easier to click the link.

Hurry up Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Not being able to turn off the voice is annoying, but I would expect that to be an easier fix than say, lock/unlock, given the randomness.

Back to the Lock/Unlock, this appears to be a major safety concern. Do they give you two key cards? If so, ok. If not, that is going to be an issue that should not be an issue if the fob worked consistently. That being said, it is going to really annoy my wife to have to fish around in her bottomless purse to find something to lock/unlock the car.

In my opinion, this should be some team's priority number 1.

Back to the Lock/Unlock, this appears to be a major safety concern. Do they give you two key cards? If so, ok. If not, that is going to be an issue that should not be an issue if the fob worked consistently. That being said, it is going to really annoy my wife to have to fish around in her bottomless purse to find something to lock/unlock the car.

In my opinion, this should be some team's priority number 1.
Yes on the 2 key cards

Also like @Bill55 mentioned, the car always unlocks and locks, albeit inconsistenly which is the issue. The fob has worked 100% of the time to get into the car and/or lock it, just not instantaneous

Back