3 months 2100 miles

Was there a specific sequence you did to replicate them?
We used the turn left turn signal to ensure the car was in sleep mode, then did things you would do when normally using the car. Proximity unlock, pressing a door handle to lock or unlock. Then also lock the car leave then go back as if you had forgotten something. Basic stuff and the car behaved inconsistently.

We used the turn left turn signal to ensure the car was in sleep mode, then did things you would do when normally using the car. Proximity unlock, pressing a door handle to lock or unlock. Then also lock the car leave then go back as if you had forgotten something. Basic stuff and the car behaved inconsistently.
Ahh okay. I have noticed that after the last update the proximity unlock is not as "sensitive" as it used to be.

Some of you guys are starting to scare people away for some issues like car not opening even with a key fob in your pocket. God forbid that you have to take the fob out of your pocket to open the door until they get this corrected.
How long do they get to get unlock/lock correct before we are allowed post the experiance?

How long do they get to get unlock/lock correct before we are allowed post the experiance?

I think the issue is that not everyone is having that same experience (mine works fine, for example) and people tend to post negative comments more than positive comments, so it can come off as if people dislike the car when they dislike a few bugs rather than the whole car.

Post whatever you want! Just trying to provide context.

Some of you guys are starting to scare people away for some issues like car not opening even with a key fob in your pocket. God forbid that you have to take the fob out of your pocket to open the door until they get this corrected.
I'm with the complainers on this one. Have the same issue with the Tesla MS. When you spend this kind of money on a car, and you walk up to the car carrying an armload of stuff, in the rain, with only one free pinky, expecting the handles to pop out.....it is really annoying to put everything down and fish around for that stupid fob. That's not the UX that Elon or Peter are aiming for. Don't have an Air yet, but the MS requires a physical fob press about 40% of the time, and Murphy's law dictates that those 40% are the least convenient moments. :)

I'm with the complainers on this one. Have the same issue with the Tesla MS. When you spend this kind of money on a car, and you walk up to the car carrying an armload of stuff, in the rain, with only one free pinky, expecting the handles to pop out.....it is really annoying to put everything down and fish around for that stupid fob. That's not the UX that Elon or Peter are aiming for. Don't have an Air yet, but the MS requires a physical fob press about 40% of the time, and Murphy's law dictates that those 40% are the least convenient moments. :)
For me the door handle only present themselves about one in five tries. When the handles do not present, I press on the door handle and it has presented that handle 100% of the time. This does not bother me since I have to press the handle on my other cars. I know others have not been as lucky as I have.

For me the door handle only present themselves about one in five tries. When the handles do not present, I press on the door handle and it has presented that handle 100% of the time. This does not bother me since I have to press the handle on my other cars. I know others have not been as lucky as I have.
Is that with mobile key or the fob?

I'm assuming you mean with the key fob; I have this same experience. But for the mobile (phone) key, it's as if I don't even have the phone with me.

Your luck is pretty bad when you get caught in the rain with your hands full here in Arizona. I can't even remember the last time it rained here in AZ!

Your luck is pretty bad when you get caught in the rain with your hands full here in Arizona. I can't even remember the last time it rained here in AZ!
It's especially bad when you hands are almost full and you want to open the trunk and you realize that the key fob can only open the doors and frunk. The mobile app is of no use in that it needs to wake the car first and you probably need two hands to operate it. If the keypad had a trunk opening mode, like maybe 3 clicks, you could press it, even if it were in your pocket.

It's especially bad when you hands are almost full and you want to open the trunk and you realize that the key fob can only open the doors and frunk. The mobile app is of no use in that it needs to wake the car first and you probably need two hands to operate it. If the keypad had a trunk opening mode, like maybe 3 clicks, you could press it, even if it were in your pocket.
The best would be that foot opening thing in SUVs and minivans...

The best would be that foot opening thing in SUVs and minivans...
Unfortunately, they don't have the specific hardware for that. They do have those side radars and ultrasonic sensors. Maybe they could use those. Or they could use one of the 3 rear cameras. You could wave your hand, or the downward facing camera could be used for your foot motion. A combination using the sensors to detect that you are close to the car and the downward camera to detect your foot motion. Of course, this should only work when the vehicle detects you first with the key fob or mobile app.

That pretty much sums it up. Every other car I own and have rented for travel which is monthly or more, unlocks and locks, exactly as expected, every time. My wife approaching the car in a parking lot, 1. Wants only the driver door to unlock. 2. Wants it to unlock as expected, everytime without needing to fish in her purse for the key. It is not an unreasonable expectation. It's an enormous failure to not be able to do the most basic of operations. I've not owned or rented a car that has this issue. That is easily 40+ different vehicles. EV's do not get a "special" category. There is no other EV I am interested in other than the Lucid, but I expect the f....g door to unlock as expected every time, like a 25K Mitsubishi, or any Honda, GM, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai..........

The key fob is just plain different "worse". Just be the same as everyone else and have a decent key fob.

Unfortunately, they don't have the specific hardware for that. They do have those side radars and ultrasonic sensors. Maybe they could use those. Or they could use one of the 3 rear cameras. You could wave your hand, or the downward facing camera could be used for your foot motion. A combination using the sensors to detect that you are close to the car and the downward camera to detect your foot motion. Of course, this should only work when the vehicle detects you first with the key fob or mobile app.
My theory is there is a sadisic Lucid engineer with a great sense of humor. If the cameras see you moving to get something out of the back seat the car locks immediately, if the cameras see you walking away they wait 10 -20 seconds to lock to ensure you are as uncomfortable as possible.

That pretty much sums it up. Every other car I own and have rented for travel which is monthly or more, unlocks and locks, exactly as expected, every time. My wife approaching the car in a parking lot, 1. Wants only the driver door to unlock. 2. Wants it to unlock as expected, everytime without needing to fish in her purse for the key. It is not an unreasonable expectation. It's an enormous failure to not be able to do the most basic of operations. I've not owned or rented a car that has this issue. That is easily 40+ different vehicles. EV's do not get a "special" category. There is no other EV I am interested in other than the Lucid, but I expect the f....g door to unlock as expected every time, like a 25K Mitsubishi, or any Honda, GM, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai..........

I don’t disagree. I just mean to say that this doesn’t make the car “not worth it” provided they fix it soon.

Ok, bottom line. Is there a 100% reliable way to lock and unlock this car? I just want to know what works all of the time. I do not want my wife’s safety at risk because she either can’t lock or unlock the car when needed. The other ways will come with time, I hope.

Ok, bottom line. Is there a 100% reliable way to lock and unlock this car? I just want to know what works all of the time. I do not want my wife’s safety at risk because she either can’t lock or unlock the car when needed. The other ways will come with time, I hope.

The keyfob works great for me. Proximity unlock works 95% of the time right away, 5% of the time takes 10-15 seconds.

The mobile key also works fine for me, but the proximity is more like 90%.

There are people who have some issues, but I suspect those are service issues that can be resolved. It sounds like @Bill55 has had the worst of the lot, and I feel for him (for real, I hope they fix this soon), but I don’t suspect that his issues are shared by the majority of owners.

Back