3 months 2100 miles

So I spoke with my DA yesterday and asked him about whether they look at the forums for Lucid owners and their comments regarding improvements. (I am awaiting a Gray GT). He said that they only looked at what the service folks log as problems with the car. Specifically that issues like Bill55 notes aren't fixed or dealt with unless they are logged in as a problem with service when a service call is made. He also said that these sort of issues were not going to get any real traction unless multiple people complain to the service folks and ask that they get fixed, because otherwise Lucid doesn't have any awareness about them. I though this was rather maddening and asked if he looked at this forum... he said that he did not and did not think that anyone else at Lucid did either. I had texted hydbob several weeks ago and he told me he was in contact with Lucid relaying them information but yesterday's conversation makes me think that the information hydbob is sending them is getting ignored. Frustrating. {Bill55, my parents owned a Mitsubishi Montero and it was a near invincible car, similar to my Toyota Landcruiser....the Japanese have near perfect engineering! I really hope that Toyota/Honda/Mitsubishi decide to get into the EV business)

My DA just told me the opposite yesterday and his Boss told me the same just hours later. They both said they do look at the Forums and they discuss issues at both their morning and end of day meetings. I mentioned the items in these threads, namely lock/unlock issues, CarPlay, other audio issues, ability to plug phone into car as a wired source, Nav issues, boot time issues, personal profile issues, etc. and they did not act like these were unknown or new issues to them.

My DA just told me the opposite yesterday and his Boss told me the same just hours later. They both said they do look at the Forums and they discuss issues at both their morning and end of day meetings. I mentioned the items in these threads, namely lock/unlock issues, CarPlay, other audio issues, ability to plug phone into car as a wired source, Nav issues, boot time issues, personal profile issues, etc. and they did not act like these were unknown or new issues to them.
Did they say that they were working on fixing them?

Did they say that they were working on fixing them?

FWIW, my DA can even identify his customers on this forum and seems to know fairly well what the latest most active threads are.

I can't imagine Lucid wouldn't try to fix issues that customers are complaining about. Also, bear in mind that forum members represent only a small fraction of Lucid owners, so I'm sure that if something is a widespread problem, Lucid has other means of hearing about it besides this forum.

....the Japanese have near perfect engineering! I really hope that Toyota/Honda/Mitsubishi decide to get into the EV business.

Our 2011 Honda Odyssey had a noticeable distortion along the A pillar on the passenger side of the windshield. Honda corrected this as production advanced but never retrofitted undistorted glass into the cars that were delivered with this defect. That same car had a faulty transmission shifting algorithm, and it took Honda almost a year to develop a fix. Honda has never been able to figure out why the passenger-side sliding side door of our 2018 Honda Odyssey sometimes stops halfway open or closed, plus it's been through a couple of recalls. It will hold the settings in the No. 2 seat memory program but has never retained the settings for the No. 1 program. A subwoofer wiring connection also failed and had to be repaired. Japanese automotive engineering and build quality are good, but I would not go so far as to call either near perfect.

As for getting into the EV business, their failure to divine the growing significance of electric vehicles indicates extreme myopia. Heck, even GM is beating them to that punch. And the Koreans and the Chinese are going to leave them in the dust.

Some of you guys are starting to scare people away for some issues like car not opening even with a key fob in your pocket. God forbid that you have to take the fob out of your pocket to open the door until they get this corrected.
Perhaps... However, I also posted that the Lucid is staying and the Taycan 4S is up for sale. That alone should encourage anyone sitting on the fence to do the smart thing and grab a Lucid.

They said what you would hope and expect them to say. "We know these are issues. They are being worked on. We have made several OTA software updates and expect to do several more in the near future and probably throughout the life of the car." I expected them to say something along those lines, nothing more, nothing less.

And yes, they know exactly who I am on these forums.

Perhaps... However, I also posted that the Lucid is staying and the Taycan 4S is up for sale. That alone should encourage anyone sitting on the fence to do the smart thing and grab a Lucid.

Same here. With a Model S Plaid sitting in the garage, we choose to take the Lucid out over the Tesla more and more with each passing week.

So I spoke with my DA yesterday and asked him about whether they look at the forums for Lucid owners and their comments regarding improvements. (I am awaiting a Gray GT). He said that they only looked at what the service folks log as problems with the car. Specifically that issues like Bill55 notes aren't fixed or dealt with unless they are logged in as a problem with service when a service call is made. He also said that these sort of issues were not going to get any real traction unless multiple people complain to the service folks and ask that they get fixed, because otherwise Lucid doesn't have any awareness about them. I though this was rather maddening and asked if he looked at this forum... he said that he did not and did not think that anyone else at Lucid did either. I had texted hydbob several weeks ago and he told me he was in contact with Lucid relaying them information but yesterday's conversation makes me think that the information hydbob is sending them is getting ignored. Frustrating. {Bill55, my parents owned a Mitsubishi Montero and it was a near invincible car, similar to my Toyota Landcruiser....the Japanese have near perfect engineering! I really hope that Toyota/Honda/Mitsubishi decide to get into the EV business)
I don't know about this. I've spoken to multiple people independently who all confirmed that Lucid pays attention to these forums. I was told directly via a phone call from Customer Relations (not customer service) that they monitor and track issues brought up on this specific forum (not the other lesser one) as a way to assess customer feedback. Maybe the HQ people don't monitor it nearly as much, but from my SA, DA, and service manager all said that Lucid as a "team" that monitors and tracks issues. One of the service techs showed me their group chat for service issues for every single service center in the US that they share information between centers and customers so other service teams can be on the lookout.

I don't know about this. I've spoken to multiple people independently who all confirmed that Lucid pays attention to these forums. I was told directly via a phone call from Customer Relations (not customer service) that they monitor and track issues brought up on this specific forum (not the other lesser one) as a way to assess customer feedback. Maybe the HQ people don't monitor it nearly as much, but from my SA, DA, and service manager all said that Lucid as a "team" that monitors and tracks issues. One of the service techs showed me their group chat for service issues for every single service center in the US that they share information between centers and customers so other service teams can be on the lookout.
I hope you are right and that my DA is wrong. 🤞

I hope you are right and that my DA is wrong. 🤞
I hope so too. Though, I haven't heard anyone else report here receiving a phone call from customer relations...maybe I'm the one on the naughty list and not @CLTGT

I hope so too. Though, I haven't heard anyone else report here receiving a phone call from customer relations...maybe I'm the one on the naughty list and not @CLTGT
I did receive a call about a month ago. If I was running the Business I would be all over these forums. Can't think of a cheaper way to get feedback on a new product. Most Lucid Owners have competing products in the garage as well. Why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring an outside firm to send out a list of questions when you can spend ten minutes a day reading the comments on this forum

A few weeks ago I got a call from Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service who I had met over a year earlier at the opening of the Miami Design Studio. He didn't initiate any questions about specifics but did want to know what my general impressions of the car were, how service had been, and whether I had any suggestions on the design, manufacturing, and service fronts. He told me that he reads this forum occasionally and often gets heads ups about issues seen by Lucid employees who read it more regularly. Zak stayed on the phone more than a half hour with me and seemed willing to talk as long as I wanted to continue, so I had the impression it was more than a "ticket punch" call.

You realize that you, @hmp10 , and a few others on this forum are essentially Lucid influencers. You’re exactly the people customer relations would call.

Or Zak Edson! 😀

A few weeks ago I got a call from Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service who I had met over a year earlier at the opening of the Miami Design Studio. He didn't initiate any questions about specifics but did want to know what my general impressions of the car were, how service had been, and whether I had any suggestions on the design, manufacturing, and service fronts. He told me that he reads this forum occasionally and often gets heads ups about issues seen by Lucid employees who read it more regularly. Zak stayed on the phone more than a half hour with me and seemed willing to talk as long as I wanted to continue, so I had the impression it was more than a "ticket punch" call.
Those calls are nice (I had gotten one too), but right now, I think they are more for the customer to vent, because I would think they know of all the issues, and what they need to do to catch up with the rest of the industry. I think I would rather get a call from one of the software developers that is working on the actual problems I have - or at least one of their managers. It seems there is a large disconnect from what needs to be done to what is being worked on. If they are working on these problems, then they are not working fast enough and I don't know why they are having problems.

I had a service call today and we were able to replicate some of the lock/unlock concerns. They were noted and a follow up service call is expected. I know someone who loves their Montero also. Mitsubishi is pretty low key these days. The Outlander systems did work well.

I had a service call today and we were able to replicate some of the lock/unlock concerns. They were noted and a follow up service call is expected. I know someone who loves their Montero also. Mitsubishi is pretty low key these days. The Outlander systems did work well.
Was there a specific sequence you did to replicate them?

I got a call also. I missed it and have not called back yet.

Back