3 months 2100 miles

I have that for the trunk of my M5 and can never get it to work, well maybe 1 out of 100 times.

I have that for the trunk of my M5 and can never get it to work, well maybe 1 out of 100 times.
Have it in my E-class. Once I figured out where the car wants my foot, it works 90%+ first try and 100% within 3 tries. It's a really nice feature and will miss it, but certainly not a dealbreaker.

It does always pick the fastest route. However, it does not offer alternative routes (such as our Tesla and Googlemaps do). A couple of times I have wanted to take rural roads across Florida, but the Nav only offers interstate routes. I've had to use a workaround by programing a route to a mid-point town on the rural route and then program the final leg once I hit that mid-point.
Nav issue will be mute once Apple CarPlay/Android Auto is available, even on our current car, we generally use Phone Navigation, for one, you have to pull over and stop car to set car nav anyway and passenger can easily work with phone

Have it in my E-class. Once I figured out where the car wants my foot, it works 90%+ first try and 100% within 3 tries. It's a really nice feature and will miss it, but certainly not a dealbreaker.

This was the only nice and dependable feature of my Ford C-Max. I was ecstatic the day my son totaled that car. I hated that car so much.

I'm with the complainers on this one. Have the same issue with the Tesla MS. When you spend this kind of money on a car, and you walk up to the car carrying an armload of stuff, in the rain, with only one free pinky, expecting the handles to pop out.....it is really annoying to put everything down and fish around for that stupid fob. That's not the UX that Elon or Peter are aiming for. Don't have an Air yet, but the MS requires a physical fob press about 40% of the time, and Murphy's law dictates that those 40% are the least convenient moments. :)

By any chance does anyone know if all these devices work on the same frequency, card, fob, phone BT? Is the system working on the same frequency as cars with no issues (Mitsubishi) or trying something new like Bluetooth?

Anecdotal information would seem to indicate they are not running a legacy system, but have a Bluetooth implementation. I have no information to back this up.

Anecdotal information would seem to indicate they are not running a legacy system, but have a Bluetooth implementation. I have no information to back this up.

When my Astell & Kern was failing to connect to car, there were at least 5 or 6 Bluetooth devices in discovery mode. There are so many Bluetooth devices, I'm sure it affects being able to get in and out of car.

Some of you guys are starting to scare people away for some issues like car not opening even with a key fob in your pocket. God forbid that you have to take the fob out of your pocket to open the door until they get this corrected.

Well if people expect the car to unlock without taking a fob out of a pocket, then those people should not buy this car.

Sounds like you would rather the OP doesn't post the facts so people get duped. People shouldn't have to take the fob out of the pocket. That is early 1990s/early 2000s UX.

Well if people expect the car to unlock without taking a fob out of a pocket, then those people should not buy this car.

Sounds like you would rather the OP doesn't post the facts so people get duped. People shouldn't have to take the fob out of the pocket. That is early 1990s/early 2000s UX.

It unlocks fine without taking a fob out of a pocket. Rarely, it doesn’t.

Facts are fine, but context is also important. The sun is expanding and going to envelop the earth one day. That’s a fact. That it’s going to take billions of years to do that is also an important thing to know. :)

There are some issues with the car, for sure. The vast majority of the experience with it is spectacular though.

This is why we all have very high paying jobs doing something other than automotive journalism. No objectivity or common sense. Forums are dominated by "fan boys" and "computer nerd" style early converters. Obviously I'm here too. I just hope I don't blindly follow the hoard. I did however reserve several EVs.

The Lock/unlock situation is a major security concern anywhere. Stuck here in California, it's a matter of life or death. If it works consistently but unlocks all doors, there is no way my wife is driving that thing. As for Nav, many legacy car companies have been getting lazy over the last few years and are becoming dependent on a cell phone connection. If it's cell phone dependent, they are most likely not to work in the most needed situations. In a unfamiliar location with poor cell service (or none), dark, high crime, poorly marked roads, unreadable signage and/or remote. Again, a major safety issue. anything that is common in a $50K car that is missing in a $100k+ car or works poorly or intermittently is a massive failure that the general public will not accept. Worse, the mear reports of it are likely to leave a bad taste in their mouth that most established car companies take decades to survive (think Audi and unintended acceleration).

We reserved 2 Lucids. First my wife's to test the EV universe and see if it will work for us. Unlikely but the dip sticks here, read as politicians, seem to think all new car sales must be electric in under 10 years. Our house currently over generate more then 1100 Kw monthly. So our electric is free. The second because her chosen Pure likely lacks any equipment that she is used too. Currently our Orange County house garages an M5, LS 500, S class, 7 series, Porsche, Lambo, Escalade and Accord (second time M5 smoked leaving mechanics she bought Accord 2 hours later). If the Lucid can not compete or excede any of these cars as plain old daily transportation it's not for us nor the general public. Still have a Mach e GT ordered, cancelled the e Tron and I Pace, didn't order the Lyric or EQS 580. I'll never pay $30k over sticker.

With all of these "easy to fix" issues plaguing most newly released EVs there dominance of ICE cars isn't 10 years off. Its more like 5-7 decades. That's before other concerns like charging time, range and an electric utility infrastructure that can support the enormous increase in demands are even discussed. Love the looks of the Lucid. The interior is more like a real car, perhaps not enough, but better then most. The Teslas all look terrible outside. Inside they are cheaper then most $20k cars with a style only a computer gamer could enjoy. All backed by a company with the worst customer service I've dealt with in 40 years and a complete disdain for their customers. Both current and potential. The legacy press may love to tout the onslaught of the EV but if some basics are not addressed, not the least of which is the Beta testing on customers, they may never dominate the automotive scene.

Nice to know about drive quality, I am still 4-6 months from getting my AGT, hope most software issues have resolved by then
I have reserved a Pure (partly to delay so Lucid can fix the software) but I took a test drive this past week in a GT and I concur regarding the drive quality...makes me willing to wait (and hope) that Lucid figures out the software.

The Lock/unlock situation is a major security concern anywhere. Stuck here in California, it's a matter of life or death. If it works consistently but unlocks all doors, there is no way my wife is driving that thing. As for Nav, many legacy car companies have been getting lazy over the last few years and are becoming dependent on a cell phone connection. If it's cell phone dependent, they are most likely not to work in the most needed situations. In a unfamiliar location with poor cell service (or none), dark, high crime, poorly marked roads, unreadable signage and/or remote. Again, a major safety issue. anything that is common in a $50K car that is missing in a $100k+ car or works poorly or intermittently is a massive failure that the general public will not accept. Worse, the mear reports of it are likely to leave a bad taste in their mouth that most established car companies take decades to survive (think Audi and unintended acceleration).
Everything you describe here has been true of Teslas for over a decade, and they can’t keep up with demand.

If anything, the traditional car companies are all bending over backwards to copy Tesla’s success. So chances are, cars that unlock all doors, rely on cell connections, have poor software at launch, etc. are only going to become more common.

Like it or not, this is the future the automotive industry wants.

Reminds me of the video game industry. Back when we shipped everything on impossible-to-change cartridges, the game had to be perfect before you shipped. Now, you just fix it with an update in six months. I don’t love it, either, but that’s where things are headed for cars. Asking for anything different is like asking a glacier not to melt at this point.

The Teslas all look terrible outside. Inside they are cheaper then most $20k cars with a style only a computer gamer could enjoy. All backed by a company with the worst customer service I've dealt with in 40 years and a complete disdain for their customers. Both current and potential.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I feel the same about Range Rover dealership. Last year, I took my wife in to checkout show room SUVs and hope for a test drive. She found Defender model is quite handsome to own. But no one bothered asked us any question or greet us for 15 minutes after we walked in. In fact. They treat us invisible. Then I realize maybe it’s my casual T-shirt wasn’t worth their time. So I took my wife out to consider Navigator or Model-X only instead. I couldn’t stand British snub style. I certainly hope Peter Rawlinson isn’t one of them.

• A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)

One reason I’m buying the Air is to get away from this concept. It’s a terrible and legacy idea to have an on/off button.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I feel the same about Range Rover dealership. Last year, I took my wife in to checkout show room SUVs and hope for a test drive. She found Defender model is quite handsome to own. But no one bothered asked us any question or greet us for 15 minutes after we walked in. In fact. They treat us invisible. Then I realize maybe it’s my casual T-shirt wasn’t worth their time. So I took my wife out to consider Navigator or Model-X only instead. I couldn’t stand British snub style. I certainly hope Peter Rawlinson isn’t one of them.
To be fair, I doubt they had any real inventory to sell. :(

For now, we shall all just have to wait and see. We'll make money on the lawsuits to come (safety). I find that most people under 30 and many in their thirties are willing to accept all sorts of crap while they cant wait to throughout what works best simply because they didn't come up with it.

As for Tesla, enormous government intervention and the gee whiz effect like bit coin. The worlds biggest, most obvious Ponzi scheme. Any realistic unbiased assessment for Tesla cars as actual cars has to find them as crap. Fast but all things considered, very much crap. Traditional car companies are bending over to get on the EV band wagon. A only slightly deeper dive reveals why. Long term cheap to make, the chance to eliminate the middle man and enormous backside profit requiring very specific skills/infrastructure and substantial resources.

You are most correct. It is the future the industry wants. Never forget demand dictates where industries go in the end. Unless you believe Communism is a valid economic model.

The video game industry, primarily dominated by consumers less then 30 years old.

Lets still try to point out any Lucid failings and hope to force them to address their failings in a comprehensive and timely manner. If they are the not even Beta ready devices that I fear, do you think they'll easily and quickly return my deposits? I've been eyeing a Hell Cat Red Eye. That Escalade V starts taking orders (not reservations) in a few weeks.

One reason I’m buying the Air is to get away from this concept. It’s a terrible and legacy idea to have an on/off button.
It would be easy to implement a second press of the Park button to turn the car off or put it in an exit mode status. Those who like it the way it is need do nothing. I disagree that it is "legacy" to put the car into a different state once ready to exit. The Air will direct audio to the car when my phone rings as I am exiting, pod casts keep playing when I'm out of the car. There are reasons to indicate I am done with the car for now and put the vehicle into a different state. Call it "exit mode" then it can be "new" instead of legacy.

The Lock/unlock situation is a major security concern anywhere. Stuck here in California, it's a matter of life or death. If it works consistently but unlocks all doors, there is no way my wife is driving that thing.
My wife feels the same way. Lucid has yet to make a single interface update of any significance and Lock/Unlock while much better than it was in December of 2021, is far from working "instantly and always". I am in the middle of a relocation and have been without the Lucid for several weeks, I am missing it. Looking forward to picking it up in Dallas and continuing cross country road trip on June 6.

For now, we shall all just have to wait and see. We'll make money on the lawsuits to come (safety). I find that most people under 30 and many in their thirties are willing to accept all sorts of crap while they cant wait to throughout what works best simply because they didn't come up with it.

As for Tesla, enormous government intervention and the gee whiz effect like bit coin. The worlds biggest, most obvious Ponzi scheme. Any realistic unbiased assessment for Tesla cars as actual cars has to find them as crap. Fast but all things considered, very much crap. Traditional car companies are bending over to get on the EV band wagon. A only slightly deeper dive reveals why. Long term cheap to make, the chance to eliminate the middle man and enormous backside profit requiring very specific skills/infrastructure and substantial resources.

You are most correct. It is the future the industry wants. Never forget demand dictates where industries go in the end. Unless you believe Communism is a valid economic model.

The video game industry, primarily dominated by consumers less then 30 years old.

Lets still try to point out any Lucid failings and hope to force them to address their failings in a comprehensive and timely manner. If they are the not even Beta ready devices that I fear, do you think they'll easily and quickly return my deposits? I've been eyeing a Hell Cat Red Eye. That Escalade V starts taking orders (not reservations) in a few weeks.
The good thing is that every single owner here provides quite a bit of feedback both negative and positive. If we were really fanbois you would only see positive reviews

Back