Some odds and ends

@PhotoEye not to possibly restate the obvious, but did you try pulling all the way back on the door trigger for the manual door release? And that didn't work either?

@PhotoEye not to possibly restate the obvious, but did you try pulling all the way back on the door trigger for the manual door release? And that didn't work either?
I believe I did, since I was trying to get out. However, I will try to replicate this condition and see if I have the same experience. There might be something to this, since the suggestion to press on the brake to awaken the car appears to work.

we need a volunteer to sit in the car for 15mins/until it goes to sleep and tell us what the exit strategies are. being stuck in a car when there's an emergency is scary. i really hope Lucid has no bugs that prevent the user from exiting by pulling the door knob.

we need a volunteer to sit in the car for 15mins/until it goes to sleep and tell us what the exit strategies are. being stuck in a car when there's an emergency is scary. i really hope Lucid has no bugs that prevent the user from exiting by pulling the door knob.
Well, it's pushing the brake and double clicking the key fob or using your phone as a mobile key and hitting unlock for SURE.

The car went to sleep and locked the doors while my wife and I were sitting in the car having a snack. Puling the door knob to its normal position did not open either door. We called the Lucid Customer care and she explained that the door knob has two positions . Position one activates the 12V latch. Position two is a hard pull of the knob, pass the normal travel, and it is a mechanical release. Unfortunately it is very hard to pull, so unless you have been told and have tested, it is unlikely that in a panic situation you would pull hard enough to activate the mechaical latch.

The car went to sleep and locked the doors while my wife and I were sitting in the car having a snack. Puling the door knob to its normal position did not open either door. We called the Lucid Customer care and she explained that the door knob has two positions . Position one activates the 12V latch. Position two is a hard pull of the knob, pass the normal travel, and it is a mechanical release. Unfortunately it is very hard to pull, so unless you have been told and have tested, it is unlikely that in a panic situation you would pull hard enough to activate the mechaical latch.
So you really have to give the handle the beans to get out? That's still good info!

So you really have to give the handle the beans to get out? That's still good info!
Yes, and you can test it. If you pull and hold the knob all the way and try to close the door the door acts as if there is no latching mechanism.

Yes, and you can test it. If you pull and hold the knob all the way and try to close the door the door acts as if there is no latching mechanism.
Thank you!!!!!
I thought I was losing it yesterday being locked in my own car. Couldn't fathom why you could not get out easily and directly. What's described here is like breaking the glass to get at the fire extinguisher in an emergency. The problem, of course, is no one would know to yank it that hard. I do not believe this instruction is in the Owner's Manual.

Thank you!!!!!
I thought I was losing it yesterday being locked in my own car. Couldn't fathom why you could not get out easily and directly. What's described here is like breaking the glass to get at the fire extinguisher in an emergency. The problem, of course, is no one would know to yank it that hard. I do not believe this instruction is in the Owner's Manual.
A small warning label attached to the doorknob would be all that is needed from Lucid to make sure Owners are made aware of the manual release. At least Lucid incorporated the mechanical release on the same physical part, unlike Tesla where you have to pull a not so obvious separate part. Definitely, a software update to prevent the car from going to sleep while the seats are occupied is a must-have.

Well, it's pushing the brake and double clicking the key fob or using your phone as a mobile key and hitting unlock for SURE.
I am notorious for not being attached at the hip to the phone. (My DW gets frustrated at that when she tries to text /call). So using that phone for a manual unlock may not work for me. Lol. I’ll remember the brake and key fob. I’ll have to drop by the studio again and try the manual release on the door.

Irony, I kept opening the door manually of the Model 3 I rented from TURO. To me the learning curve driving the Model 3 was super steep. Had I not had friends who own Tesla I would not have been able to get the car out of the parking garage. To show you how these companies have left the average person behind, the owner had to come back and show me how to put the car in "drive." The delivery personnel need to go over this on delivery for every Lucid owner.

Irony, I kept opening the door manually of the Model 3 I rented from TURO. To me the learning curve driving the Model 3 was super steep. Had I not had friends who own Tesla I would not have been able to get the car out of the parking garage. To show you how these companies have left the average person behind, the owner had to come back and show me how to put the car in "drive." The delivery personnel need to go over this on delivery for every Lucid owner.
That is a big issue. If you rent a car, which I often do, it’s usually a brand that you may not normally drive. For an ICE, it’s intuitive as to the operation, but with EVs, especially brands like Tesla which have no buttons and who placed everything in a monster tablet, how to get to routine controls is problematic, not to mention a safety issue while driving.

I feel the Lucid is a GREAT bridge from ICE to EV.

Check out last senence.​

1. Growing reservations​

As of Feb. 28, Lucid reported over 25,000 reservations across its Pure line of electric sedans, a 47% increase from the 17,000 reservations Lucid reported in mid-November. Lucid said that the reservations indicate potential revenue of over $2.4 billion, or $96,000 per vehicle. For context, consider that the lowest-priced trim of the Lucid Air -- the Air Pure -- goes for around $77,400, the Touring is $95,000, the Grand Touring is $139,000, and the Dream Edition (which is sold out) was $169,000 -- which shows that there's a nice blend of Lucid reservations across different trims.

What's more, Lucid said that it had received more pre-orders for the Grand Touring than the Touring, a sign that customers want their cars sooner rather than later and are willing to pay for a more expensive tier.

Check out last senence.​

1. Growing reservations​

As of Feb. 28, Lucid reported over 25,000 reservations across its Pure line of electric sedans, a 47% increase from the 17,000 reservations Lucid reported in mid-November. Lucid said that the reservations indicate potential revenue of over $2.4 billion, or $96,000 per vehicle. For context, consider that the lowest-priced trim of the Lucid Air -- the Air Pure -- goes for around $77,400, the Touring is $95,000, the Grand Touring is $139,000, and the Dream Edition (which is sold out) was $169,000 -- which shows that there's a nice blend of Lucid reservations across different trims.

What's more, Lucid said that it had received more pre-orders for the Grand Touring than the Touring, a sign that customers want their cars sooner rather than later and are willing to pay for a more expensive tier.
Yup. I definitely want it sooner than later. But I was wanting the range and would have added options on the Touring raising the price much closer to a GT. Getting it sooner is a definite plus to seal the deal.

I do not believe this instruction is in the Owner's Manual.

Look under Opening and Closing > Doors > Opening Interior Doors with No Power. There's also a sentence about it under the section called "Opening Doors from the Inside".

Look under Opening and Closing > Doors > Opening Interior Doors with No Power. There's also a sentence about it under the section called "Opening Doors from the Inside".
I just tested the extra pull on the door handles. It's very neat, doesn't require that much extra force, but appreciate you all bringing it to everyone's attention!

I just tested the extra pull on the door handles. It's very neat, doesn't require that much extra force, but appreciate you all bringing it to everyone's attention!

I've seen a few news stories about Tesla occupants being trapped in cars when power is lost due to an accident or other reasons, so it's one of the things I pay attention to. Safety dictates there needs to be a mechanical way to release the door. For instance in some models of Teslas there are release cables hidden behind the edge of the carpet below the rear seats.

Check out last senence.​

1. Growing reservations​

47% growth in one quarter *and* an increase in ACV through a higher % of GT orders is a home run. (Assuming a typo that the growth is the Air line, not pure).

Back