Another bug list... are any of my one-offs being seen by others?

I’m with @hydbob on this one. I prefer to control this function and to have degrees of control. There are times that whatever auto mode is selected won’t be exactly to my liking.
In our other cars that have automatic wipers, you can turn them on/off manually and use the delay feature manually.

I've been surprised at how much I can store in just the trunk. I can always get my entire Costco run's worth of stuff in the trunk and lower compartment. I always put a seat down thinking things will not fit, but then I wind up storing everything and putting the seat up.

On our recent road trip we had two roll-on suitcases, three soft carry-ons, and a camera bag. It all fit in the lower compartments of the trunk and the frunk. Twice while we were under the hotel porticoes loading stuff off the trolley into the car, we had people stop to ask about the car and watch how much was going into the car. They were amazed when we replaced the compartment lids, leaving both the trunk and frunk looking empty.

As a software engineer, it sort of rubs me the wrong way that you’re arbitrarily labeling these as “bug” or however you perceive them when some of these are probably not requirements or side effects of implementation details. I would reserve from creating your own bug backlogs and translate it to user testing observations…

I mean, it’s all good information, but coming across that way wouldn’t be my recommendation.

“No visual feedback anywhere after initiating outbound phone call (via Alexa)” — stuff like this is flat out a feature..

“Alexa can't handle multiple versions of a contact. If there is any duplication, Alexa reports that it can't decide and doesn't offer choices because they're the same (w/o checking to see if they're dups)” — stuff like this might be a limitation of Alexa’s car API integrations (not Lucid)…

As a software engineer, it sort of rubs me the wrong way that you’re arbitrarily labeling these as “bug” or however you perceive them when some of these are probably not requirements or side effects of implementation details. I would reserve from creating your own bug backlogs and translate it to user testing observations…
user testing

user testing

Always have meant to watch Silicon Valley, I think this may have finally pushed me there. Maybe a new season dedicated entirely to EV :)?

As a yet-to-be Pure owner, I appreciate the several lists I have seen on the site and hope that by the time I actually take delivery the work several of you have done in documenting issues will have led to appropriate fixes. Really glad to hear from hmp10 about the number of bags the car will hold. It will save me from carrying several suitcases to the Short Hills studio to test it out. We have three and sometimes four adults who take trips together.

The one list I will be looking for once I have a delivery date is a list of not-so-obvious functions I should make sure the delivery team reviews with me. My guess is I won’t be needing that list until March, even given my 10/20 reservation date. Question: how flexible are they in arranging a delivery date? Do you lose your place in production line if you can’t accept delivery when they suggest, or do they simply hold your car on their lot and ship it when you can receive it?

You can put the car in “park” by pressing the park button while at speed. Don’t ask me how I know nor do I recommend attempting to try. It’s jarring and the software should not allow this.

It essentially felt like mashing on the brakes, warnings flashed and audible alarms were heard. I thought I was pushing the windshield wash button 🤦🏻‍♂️

You can put the car in “park” by pressing the park button while at speed. Don’t ask me how I know nor do I recommend attempting to try. It’s jarring and the software should not allow this.

It essentially felt like mashing on the brakes, warnings flashed and audible alarms were heard. I thought I was pushing the windshield wash button 🤦🏻‍♂️
I did the same thing!!! The washer is on the right stalk in my other car.

Absolutely shouldn't happen.

How did that even get through safety checks? That’s outright dangerous and with all the automotive veterans Lucid has they should know better. Lucid seems like it’s being run like a circus at the moment!

How did that even get through safety checks? That’s outright dangerous and with all the automotive veterans Lucid has they should know better. Lucid seems like it’s being run like a circus at the moment!
When I did it, the drive train just chattered a little but I didn't hold the button in for very long. Still shouldn't have happened. Poor "system-state" management.

Yikes. I do that more often than I care to admit with my Tesla, thinking I’m turning on the wiper washers. The Tesla, thank goodness, just chirps at me, as if to call me out for being a moron.

This absolutely should not actually put the car in park at speed.

Also, just found out trunk will open at a speed of at least 15 MPH as I discovered this morning. Again, on accident trying to operate the rear sun shade this time. I’m hoping frunk is at least turned off while driving. Do not plan on trying frunk either…. On purpose anyway 😬

Also, this post and my previous regarding the “park” button while driving are for this forum and it’s members situational awareness only and I do not authorize any use beyond this site.

Also, just found out trunk will open at a speed of at least 15 MPH as I discovered this morning. Again, on accident trying to operate the rear sun shade this time. I’m hoping frunk is at least turned off while driving. Do not plan on trying frunk either…. On purpose anyway 😬

Also, this post and my previous regarding the “park” button while driving are for this forum and it’s members situational awareness only and I do not authorize any use beyond this site.
Yeah I hope the frunk would not open but if I had my car would feel the need to test under controlled conditions to see what happens. If it does I would have to wonder what type of safety testing was conducted. The switching to park while driving is absolutely terrible but I guess someone could jam their moving car into park, just a lot less likely without it being only a button push.

Interesting list! I think I have experienced or thought about every item. Most of them have their own threads on here.

The issue with the transmission is concerning. I noticed that I can put the car in drive when backing out of the driveway without stopping or using the brake. Just still rolling in reverse and pull the stalk and it seems to transition to drive without any jerking or stutter.

Can someone please check whether you can change from park to drive/reverse while a charger is still connected?

Can someone please check whether you can change from park to drive/reverse while a charger is still connected?
You can’t do that. Also, the car does NOT even give you a warning, like “Charge Cable Connected.”

Back