Another bug list... are any of my one-offs being seen by others?

Yeah I’ve had the door open while driving image before. The Tidal track not having a play button is a new one to me. I’ve also found with Alexa it needs a solid 2-3 minutes of driving before you can ask it to do anything. These are all reasons why I hope the next software update is a software stability update before they do one more minute of work on CarPlay or DD Pro or whatever.
I have had both of these: "Door open while driving image. The Tidal track not having a play button."

I also agree 100% that the base software platform has to be stable, fast and extendable, before adding features.

I also agree 100% that the base software platform has to be stable, fast and extendable, before adding features.

Amen. Adding new features to this crap platform is like trying to make a Cadillac Cimarron a better car by adding a vinyl roof and opera windows.

Alexa it needs a solid 2-3 minutes of driving before you can ask it to do anything.
I see this also but attribute it to a delay switching between WiFi and cellular as I leave home. When not at home, this does not seem to be a problem. Are you using WiFi at home.

I see this also but attribute it to a delay switching between WiFi and cellular as I leave home. When not at home, this does not seem to be a problem. Are you using WiFi at home.
This so much! I don't even keep wifi on in my car anymore because of this.

Yes I am, I think you’re correct it must be the long delay from trying to hang in to WiFI then switching to Cellular. Thanks!

This so much! I don't even keep wifi on in my car anymore because of this.
Wouldn’t that make your OTA Update a lot slower? What is advance of turning off WiFi? One thing I like to do is I like to come to garage work on my phone, getting massage and listening in Tidal. I can do that an hour at at time.

Also just remember, the car won’t shut itself down anymore when I sitting in listening music. In the past, it would shut off and I had to manually open door and alarm would sound. Now it must have detect chair sensor to keep car running to know I’m still here.

Ha Ha then you have not seen our Costco Runs. We believe in the bulk buying and loading up during sales 🤪. There may have to be some beat up Van or SUV in my future or perhaps Lucid could moon back to 57.

My wife has started noticing these thinks and this was only our 2nd time driving together. The family had voiced concerns about space for larger items but that is more a personal problem but the trunk opening should have been more open at the top.
I'm curious if you have tried putting some of the larger items in the back seats via the wide-opening rear doors? I realize the aesthetics of groceries in the back seats (or if you need the space for passengers) may not be optimal, but I thought the super-wide openings there were genius and would give some storage flexibility.

We have a 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid that replaced our 2015 Model S P90D. The auto wipers in both are/were okay, but they are not without their gremlins. As with our Honda Odyssey, the wipers will sometimes wait too long to swipe and then go into a sustained frenzy of fast swiping in a light rain. And the other day we were driving down the road in the Tesla on a dry day, and the wipers suddenly swiped a dry windshield and smeared bug debris.

The Lucid also exhibits a bit of this behavior, though less so, and the option to set different levels of auto-wipe (which is absent on the other two cars) is helpful.
I find that there are times when neither Auto wiper setting does a very good job. How about adding good old fashion adjustable delay so the human can decide instead of the AI. Not replacing the Auto, as an additional option. We have a couple blank button spaces available.

Wouldn’t that make your OTA Update a lot slower? What is advance of turning off WiFi? One thing I like to do is I like to come to garage work on my phone, getting massage and listening in Tidal. I can do that an hour at at time.

Also just remember, the car won’t shut itself down anymore when I sitting in listening music. In the past, it would shut off and I had to manually open door and alarm would sound. Now it must have detect chair sensor to keep car running to know I’m still here.
When in San Diego I would get my coffee and park by the ocean to enjoy the view while having my coffee then catch up on some Slack channels. The car would always turn off. The car knows you didn’t open the door and that your in the seat, why turn off.

I’m glad to hear they fixed that.

Same with me. After I get in the car and put my foot on the brake, Alexa comes up quickly as long as I'm on the WiFi signal in the garage. I then lose it for several minutes as I drive away, as the cell signal at our house is very weak for the first couple of miles. (We only get a good signal in the house because of an outside antenna and amplifier.)

I had the rear passenger side door lock and it could not be opened from either the inside or outside. The other back door and both front doors worked perfectly. The unlock button on the left display panel had no effect. The car had been driven to the location and not turned off. Turning the car off and later back on eliminated the problem. I consider this to be a SAFETY issue. The soft door closing hardware on that door was replaced several weeks ago.

I don't know what version of the software I have but I last updated it a few days ago.

I had the rear passenger side door lock and it could not be opened from either the inside or outside. The other back door and both front doors worked perfectly. The unlock button on the left display panel had no effect. The car had been driven to the location and not turned off. Turning the car off and later back on eliminated the problem. I consider this to be a SAFETY issue. The soft door closing hardware on that door was replaced several weeks ago.

I don't know what version of the software I have but I last updated it a few days ago.
Sounds like a hardware problem, not a bug. contact service.

This is not a SW issue.

Call service.

You say it's not SW .. but I've had the same thing happen to both rear and front passenger doors; not the driver's door (yet). Rebooting fixed it. THOUGH, when pulling the inside release lever to the full extent of travel it DID open the door, which is the manual emergency mechanism working, so perhaps the issue I experienced is different.

When mobile service was at the house for something else I mentioned the issue to them and they ran diagnostics and found no issue

/keith

You say it's not SW .. but I've had the same thing happen to both rear and front passenger doors; not the driver's door (yet). Rebooting fixed it. THOUGH, when pulling the inside release lever to the full extent of travel it DID open the door, which is the manual emergency mechanism working, so perhaps the issue I experienced is different.

When mobile service was at the house for something else I mentioned the issue to them and they ran diagnostics and found no issue

/keith
Rebooting cycles power.... and resets the door controllers. This is a HW issue.

Tell service to check again.

I got my first software glitch after 3 days of owning the car. Coming back to the car with both mobile key (phone) and regular key, the only screen that was active was the main driver (with the speedometer). The other two screens were completely dark but also beeped when I clicked around.

The car did not recognize my profile but I was able to drive with the default profile. The HVAC also worked with the physical buttons.

I tried the reset procedure and walked away and double clicked the physical key to unlock, this did not work after 5 sec, after 15 secs, after 30 secs.

I then locked the car went for breakfast (45 mins). Upon returning, I turned off bluetooth on my phone and walked up and double clicked to unlock the car. I saw the screens "reboot" the Air logo was coming up and success! Profile and everything worked again!

I got my first software glitch after 3 days of owning the car. Coming back to the car with both mobile key (phone) and regular key, the only screen that was active was the main driver (with the speedometer). The other two screens were completely dark but also beeped when I clicked around.

The car did not recognize my profile but I was able to drive with the default profile. The HVAC also worked with the physical buttons.

I tried the reset procedure and walked away and double clicked the physical key to unlock, this did not work after 5 sec, after 15 secs, after 30 secs.

I then locked the car went for breakfast (45 mins). Upon returning, I turned off bluetooth on my phone and walked up and double clicked to unlock the car. I saw the screens "reboot" the Air logo was coming up and success! Profile and everything worked again!

What software version is in your car ?

Amen. Adding new features to this crap platform is like trying to make a Cadillac Cimarron a better car by adding a vinyl roof and opera windows.
Ouch.

Growing up, my family had a Cimarron with a vinyl roof and opera windows...

;)

Back