3 months 2100 miles

It would be easy to implement a second press of the Park button to turn the car off or put it in an exit mode status. Those who like it the way it is need do nothing. I disagree that it is "legacy" to put the car into a different state once ready to exit. The Air will direct audio to the car when my phone rings as I am exiting, pod casts keep playing when I'm out of the car. There are reasons to indicate I am done with the car for now and put the vehicle into a different state. Call it "exit mode" then it can be "new" instead of legacy.
This doesn’t make it new, it’s just a relabel of a state can that be handled by technology. Part of evolution in these areas is automating mindless states. Tesla has already proven this is a simple win on the tech side that works extremely well (specifically referencing any notion of an on/sleep/deepsleep states). Start/Stop buttons on OEM cars for legacy manufacturers are already comical enough. I’m not paying for a newcomer to emulate that behavior.

Our Volvo EV often shuts down only when locked. If you just exit the car while in the garage, the car's navigation and radio will stay on. Have to lock the car to get it to stop.

Our Volvo EV often shuts down only when locked. If you just exit the car while in the garage, the car's navigation and radio will stay on. Have to lock the car to get it to stop.
Yes, this is the part I am still getting used to. It’s just not intuitive without the engine on/off or system on/off button. It just feel as wasting energy let it does it by itself. I guess down the road, maybe there will be more AI integrated to more than just knowing you come closer to start car for you and more than just recognizing your face.

I joined the forum hoping to learn something and to share some of my 40 years of my " gasoline in the veins" life experience, and most recently, my experience as a multiple EV owner. I scan and read as many posts as I can, and do believe, most members try their best to share their experience with their car so other members can learn something new about the car they own or plan to own. Lately, the postings have been getting rather lengthy, an indicator of the frustration most of us feel due to the perceived view of an existing, potentially dangerous situation. Mine is the having to get out of the car in the middle of the night, in a bad neighborhood, to reset the car. Having said that, I am having a hard time grasping a member's' final like it or hate it position on the car. How about at the end of the "venting my frustration post" we state if it is a keeper or a toss back. Mine is a keeper .... a least for now...

I joined the forum hoping to learn something and to share some of my 40 years of my " gasoline in the veins" life experience, and most recently, my experience as a multiple EV owner. I scan and read as many posts as I can, and do believe, most members try their best to share their experience with their car so other members can learn something new about the car they own or plan to own. Lately, the postings have been getting rather lengthy, an indicator of the frustration most of us feel due to the perceived view of an existing, potentially dangerous situation. Mine is the having to get out of the car in the middle of the night, in a bad neighborhood, to reset the car. Having said that, I am having a hard time grasping a member's' final like it or hate it position on the car. How about at the end of the "venting my frustration post" we state if it is a keeper or a toss back. Mine is a keeper .... a least for now...
It’s a keeper with the caveat if I could only have one or two vehicles, I would not have an Air.

This is why we all have very high paying jobs doing something other than automotive journalism. No objectivity or common sense. Forums are dominated by "fan boys" and "computer nerd" style early converters. Obviously I'm here too. I just hope I don't blindly follow the hoard. I did however reserve several EVs.

The Lock/unlock situation is a major security concern anywhere. Stuck here in California, it's a matter of life or death. If it works consistently but unlocks all doors, there is no way my wife is driving that thing. As for Nav, many legacy car companies have been getting lazy over the last few years and are becoming dependent on a cell phone connection. If it's cell phone dependent, they are most likely not to work in the most needed situations. In a unfamiliar location with poor cell service (or none), dark, high crime, poorly marked roads, unreadable signage and/or remote. Again, a major safety issue. anything that is common in a $50K car that is missing in a $100k+ car or works poorly or intermittently is a massive failure that the general public will not accept. Worse, the mear reports of it are likely to leave a bad taste in their mouth that most established car companies take decades to survive (think Audi and unintended acceleration).

We reserved 2 Lucids. First my wife's to test the EV universe and see if it will work for us. Unlikely but the dip sticks here, read as politicians, seem to think all new car sales must be electric in under 10 years. Our house currently over generate more then 1100 Kw monthly. So our electric is free. The second because her chosen Pure likely lacks any equipment that she is used too. Currently our Orange County house garages an M5, LS 500, S class, 7 series, Porsche, Lambo, Escalade and Accord (second time M5 smoked leaving mechanics she bought Accord 2 hours later). If the Lucid can not compete or excede any of these cars as plain old daily transportation it's not for us nor the general public. Still have a Mach e GT ordered, cancelled the e Tron and I Pace, didn't order the Lyric or EQS 580. I'll never pay $30k over sticker.

With all of these "easy to fix" issues plaguing most newly released EVs there dominance of ICE cars isn't 10 years off. Its more like 5-7 decades. That's before other concerns like charging time, range and an electric utility infrastructure that can support the enormous increase in demands are even discussed. Love the looks of the Lucid. The interior is more like a real car, perhaps not enough, but better then most. The Teslas all look terrible outside. Inside they are cheaper then most $20k cars with a style only a computer gamer could enjoy. All backed by a company with the worst customer service I've dealt with in 40 years and a complete disdain for their customers. Both current and potential. The legacy press may love to tout the onslaught of the EV but if some basics are not addressed, not the least of which is the Beta testing on customers, they may never dominate the automotive scene.
Welcome to the forum. I’m not sure I follow, but am glad to learn that you live in the OC, drive a Lambo and think the forum is filled with “dip sticks”.

What issues do you have with the Nav? I only have one: i want the compass direction when given a Highway.

Right now it will say “take the exit to 280” but won’t say north or south.

Other than that, nav works great and always picks the fastest route based in traffic. Downloaded maps work great too when I don’t have service.
About 2 weeks ago navigation gave me the correct places to exit the freeway but had their names all wrong.

Welcome to the forum. I’m not sure I follow, but am glad to learn that you live in the OC, drive a Lambo and think the forum is filled with “dip sticks”.
I just got a sense of what personality and level of entitlement this guy has. It doesn’t leave a great impression.

Either way, as an EV owner since 2013, I am 100% in the bucket that all new car sales should be EV. With that being said, you seem to be misinformed that the world supply issues are only impacting EVs being built. 🤔

Anecdotal information would seem to indicate they are not running a legacy system, but have a Bluetooth implementation. I have no information to back this up.
Lucid tech told me fob uses Bluetooth (same as Model X I believe) which is also a part of the poor battery life. He said 3 to 5 month battery life is what they are seeing. It does use a very standard/cheap battery available on Amazon tho.

It takes less than a minute to change the battery. You also need several batteries for the light in the visor especially if your wife does what mine does while I am driving.

Lucid tech told me fob uses Bluetooth (same as Model X I believe) which is also a part of the poor battery life. He said 3 to 5 month battery life is what they are seeing. It does use a very standard/cheap battery available on Amazon tho.

In my BMW forum I have seen many reports of bad fob batteries. Best to stay with the mainline producers.

It takes less than a minute to change the battery. You also need several batteries for the light in the visor especially if your wife does what mine does while I am driving.

I had to change my fob battery after four months and did find it very quick and easy to do -- significantly easier than changing the battery in my Honda fob a couple of weeks earlier (although the battery lasted a couple of years in the Honda).

BLE doesn’t have to be a large drain on battery life. Implementation on a fob should be in the mindset of a fob battery lasting a year or so. It definitely seems like there’s an issue here if you replace a battery every 4 months or so.

BLE doesn’t have to be a large drain on battery life. Implementation on a fob should be in the mindset of a fob battery lasting a year or so. It definitely seems like there’s an issue here if you replace a battery every 4 months or so.
Not saying there isn't an issue, but 3 to 6 months seems consistent with what I have heard from other Bluetooth fobs owners (namely Model X).

I got two bad battery packages on Amazon. They were clearly old. The batteries all died within a day. This happened twice. Now I buy all my batteries locally. I’ve seen many reports of bad batteries on Amazon. Hopefully you had better luck than me. This wasn’t keyfob batteries. Just regular AA and AAA

I got two bad battery packages on Amazon. They were clearly old. The batteries all died within a day. This happened twice. Now I buy all my batteries locally. I’ve seen many reports of bad batteries on Amazon. Hopefully you had better luck than me. This wasn’t keyfob batteries. Just regular AA and AAA
Bought hundreds of batteries from Amazon and never had any problems (usually the Amazon Basics brand). I am not surprised though that you have had some bad experiences. Sorta sums up Amazon-- usually great, some times a major hassle.

Bought hundreds of batteries from Amazon and never had any problems (usually the Amazon Basics brand). I am not surprised though that you have had some bad experiences. Sorta sums up Amazon-- usually great, some times a major hassle.
Maybe I should try the Amazon brand. At least they are prolly coming directly from a place Amazon trusts. I think brand name batteries you run the risk of a shady third party selling brand name batteries.

Maybe I should try the Amazon brand. At least they are prolly coming directly from a place Amazon trusts. I think brand name batteries you run the risk of a shady third party selling brand name batteries.
Special offer on Enerjyzer!

Back