Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

hydbob

Referral Code - R0YBCKIJ
Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
We should really consolidate stuff into 1 post so I'll be updating this post with info for new owners on common questions we see on these forums. Please add to the information in this post and I will update it accordingly. Also, correct me if I'm wrong!

Q: How to reset the car?
A:
Spoke with lead service tech in BH. The turn signal reset method is the "official" method suggested to reset the car. Steps are as follows: 1) Exit Vehicle, 2) Turn on turn signal, 3) Lock car, either by fob, key card, mobile key, or pushing handle, 4) Wait until turn signal stops blinking. This puts the car into the sleep state and should initiate the reset sequence.

The second method involves taking the key card out. Use your key card to lo k the car by placing it underneath the camera on the driver side B pillar. Walk away from the car for 15 minutes. You must ensure no fob or mobile key is near the car during this reset period. This is synonymous with turning the car off and on.

Q: What are those black spots in the headlights?
A:
Lucid has said these block spots are intentional as a means to reduce glare for oncoming drivers.

Q: How do I engage Launch mode?
A:
Put your vehicle into Sprint mode. Push hard on the brake. Next, Push hard on the accelerator. On the center driver panel, the left side of the screen you will see a California Bear and "Launch Mode Activated" and it turns blue. Let go of the brake and enjoy!

Q: How do I setup Electrify America to charge?
A:
When you pick up your vehicle, the Lucid rep will handle setting up your car to be linked to Electrify America for Plug & Charge.

Q: How do I initiate a charge on Electrify America?
A:
You SHOULD be able to just go to an EA station and plug the charging cable into your car. IF this does not initiate the charge and you get a billing screen, go into your Lucid App. Under the charging section you will see "Electrify America". Simply select the station number and initiate the charge via the Lucid App otherwise, if you initiate it through the EA App, you will be charged. Alternatively, you can also initiate charging through the charging tab on the pilot panel.

Q: Why are my fans running so loud while charging (either Lvl2 or Lvl3 DCFC)?
A:
The BMS (Battery Management System) wants to keep the batteries cool. It does this by using a combination of fans and coolant pumps. When you DCFC your car, it generates A LOT of heat for the battery pack and the fans and pumps will be trying to cool the pack down for quite some time afterwards. This leads to a significant loss in range if you just DCFC and park in your garage soon after.

Q: What is the yellow Alexa/notification bar on the right driver panel?

A:
The yellow Alexa bar is an indicator that the voice assistant has something to tell you. Specifically, it means that you have a reminder, a notification, or a message to receive. You can ask Alexa to "play messages" or "check notifications" to get rid of the yellow bar, or log into your Alexa app to modify your notifications. Your music may have lowered and stayed at that level if you had notifications still pending. I would suggest clearing your notifications to see if your music starts playing correctly.

Q: My car is completely dead, where can I jump it to open the doors?

A:
The jump point to unlock the doors is in the rear passenger wheel well behind the felt liner. Once the doors are unlocked, the 12V batteries can be jumped from either the trunk or under the back bench seat.

Q: Is there a dog mode?
A:
There is a mode called Cabin Temp Hold
. It is Activated on the climate menu (the fan blade icon) and on the upper row it is the icon with a thermometer and clock. It will keep your cabin temp (as long as you have enough battery) for 45 min. Note: if you start to drive and forget to disable the function, after the timer is up it will stop the AC cooling and you will need to manually resume it. There is no on screen display to show that the car is indeed in cabin hold mode.

Q: How do I use the FOB?
A:
There are currently (8/1/22) 5 functions for the key fob.
1) Press Once - Lock. If you do this again, you will hear the horn honk.
2) Press Twice - Unlock
3) Press 3 times - Alarm activates
4) Press + Hold - Frunk Open/Close
5) Pres Once + Press + Hold - Trunk Open/Close

Q: Where is the cigarette 12v port?
A:
The plug is located in the trunk, passenger side, underneath the flap. The tow hook is also attached to that flap.

Q: How do I know an update is available and install a software update?
A:
A software update or Over The Air (OTA) update will download into your vehicle prior to notification. This can be done via WiFi (if you keep it on) or via cellular data. When the update is available, you will either receive a Push Notification (if enabled) in your Lucid App or you will see a red dot adjacent to the settings tab (gear icon) on the lower portion of the Pilot Panel. If the update does not seem to be installing remotely via your app, it would be wise to initiate the install via the Pilot Panel inside the car itself.

Last edited:
Assuming I ever get my car, this will come in handy. Thanks.

"The jump point to unlock the doors is in the rear passenger wheel well behind the felt liner."

I don't understand what that means. What does one actually do with the "jump point", whatever that is?

"The jump point to unlock the doors is in the rear passenger wheel well behind the felt liner."

I don't understand what that means. What does one actually do with the "jump point", whatever that is?
It's where a tow truck can jump the car in event your battery died or something. It just unlocks the doors and allows access to the 12 batteries.

It's where a tow truck can jump the car in event your battery died or something. It just unlocks the doors and allows access to the 12 batteries.
I wonder how many non Lucid tow truck drivers know about these jump points?

Anyway to get the car to NOT go to sleep so the software is running all the time? It is a pain to have the software startup every time you get in the car.

Anyway to get the car to NOT go to sleep so the software is running all the time? It is a pain to have the software startup every time you get in the car.
Not right now...

Q: How to reset the car?
A:
Spoke with lead service tech in BH. The turn signal reset method is the "official" method suggested to reset the car. Steps are as follows: 1) Exit Vehicle, 2) Turn on turn signal, 3) Lock car, either by fob, key card, mobile key, or pushing handle, 4) Wait until turn signal stops blinking. This puts the car into the sleep state and should initiate the reset sequence.
how do you reset the car with valet card? i keep reading about it but i don't think i have seen the instructions anywhere and the manual is not searchable.

how do you reset the car with valet card? i keep reading about it but i don't think i have seen the instructions anywhere and the manual is not searchable.
Get out and lock the car using the card. It seems that using the card forces the car into sleep state faster.

Get out and lock the car using the card. It seems that using the card forces the car into sleep state faster.
Personally, I dont understand this one. I tried to do this customer service and I think he finally gave up. My question with this is if I were to Valet the car at a restaurant, wouldnt that reset the car every time to Valet guy tried to lock / unlock the car? Why not just put a simple reset button inside on the panel?

Personally, I dont understand this one. I tried to do this customer service and I think he finally gave up. My question with this is if I were to Valet the car at a restaurant, wouldnt that reset the car every time to Valet guy tried to lock / unlock the car? Why not just put a simple reset button inside on the panel?
They will probably change the reset procedure in the future, but right now that's what we are stuck doing to reset the car. The car currently resets itself everytime after being locked for an extended period anyways.

is the valet card reset method same as the one mentioned in the first post?

So I just finalized paperwork and saw that my odometer said 200 miles.....that seems really really high. Can anyone share what their cars had when they were delivered....I don't want a semi-new car.
Thanks in advance. They are also sending the 19 winter wheels and tire setup with my car will update folks on the setup.

So I just finalized paperwork and saw that my odometer said 200 miles.....that seems really really high. Can anyone share what their cars had when they were delivered....I don't want a semi-new car.
Thanks in advance. They are also sending the 19 winter wheels and tire setup with my car will update folks on the setup.
My paperwork said 100 but actual mileage was much less.

Mine said less than 100 (or something like that), but I believe it was less than 20 miles upon actual delivery

Mine said 100. When it was delivered odometer said 20.

Back