• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pulled the trigger

BradSholl

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, R1S, M3
OK, confirmed my order. AGT, Cosmos Silver, Mojave interior, 19” wheels (I live in the Northeast). Start the clock…. Well, maybe I’ll install a 100A sub panel in the garage to pass the time.

Congrats! Good choice of colors too.

Congrats! So do they just reach out and let you know when its time to confirm? I just reserved a Pure so I don't expect anything for months but curious about the process.

Congrats! So do they just reach out and let you know when its time to confirm? I just reserved a Pure so I don't expect anything for months but curious about the process.
Yea, you'll get an email when your order is eligible to confirm. I'd imagine Pures won't be for some time yet.

OK, confirmed my order. AGT, Cosmos Silver, Mojave interior, 19” wheels (I live in the Northeast). Start the clock…. Well, maybe I’ll install a 100A sub panel in the garage to pass the time.

Whereabouts in the Northeast?

Very few silvers out there, welcome.

I’m thinking of Majave too but with Quantum Grey exterior.

I’m Cosmos Silver with Santa Cruz interior. I feel people are sleeping on silver!
I really like the Cosmos Silver in photos. If I end up actually ordering in a few months that's the color that I will probably get. My last 3 cars have been dark grey so I'm ready for a change.

I just now confirmed mine too. An AGT Quantum Grey, Mojave, and 20" wheels. I'm told 2-4 months.

Laughable they are still feeding 2-4 months unfortunately. Oh well, we get ‘em when we get ‘em.

Laughable they are still feeding 2-4 months unfortunately. Oh well, we get ‘em when we get ‘em.
I was wondering the same. Like what is it realistically today? literally from today onwards, the timeframe from reservation to confirmation because production is/will be ramping up heavily from say Jan/Feb

I was wondering the same. Like what is it realistically today? literally from today onwards, the timeframe from reservation to confirmation because production is/will be ramping up heavily from say Jan/Feb
In theory, sure. That assumes no snags along the way (see carpeting issue). Not to mention we haven’t even seen a VIN for silver or gray. Fingers crossed that the 2-4 months actually hits in that timeframe for new confirmations, just seems less and less likely. Plan on 6 months imo, you won’t feel let down if you get it sooner then lol.

In theory, sure. That assumes no snags along the way (see carpeting issue). Not to mention we haven’t even seen a VIN for silver or gray. Fingers crossed that the 2-4 months actually hits in that timeframe for new confirmations, just seems less and less likely. Plan on 6 months imo, you won’t feel let down if you get it sooner then lol.

Unfortunately, the situation is likely to get worse due to imminent nickel shortages and worsening of chip shortages thanks to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Hopefully, Lucid and its suppliers have planned ahead. And at some point, Lucid has to set realistic expectations.

Unfortunately, the situation is likely to get worse due to imminent nickel shortages and worsening of chip shortages thanks to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Hopefully, Lucid and its suppliers have planned ahead. And at some point, Lucid has to set realistic expectations.
Agreed. I would hope that the recent shift in output expectations for this year took that into account. Time will tell.

I’m not too worried. The 2-4 month window seems pretty large. To me it shows there are many uncertainties. If they were more sure of the process they would provide a smaller window of time.

All that means is that I’ll be driving my 2018 Tesla Model X a little longer than I planned before I sell it.

In any event I’m still not paying $4/gallon for gas.

Back