• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pulled the trigger

If you have a red Touring or pure, get ready! you will get it in Q2.
:p I wish. Since I have a red T reserved, it will be Grey/Silver, White, Black, then Red for T but the reverse order for P. Then I will be like you and @hmp10 complaining about how I reserved before people that got their cars before me and why Lucid doesn't admit that color does make a difference in when we will get our cars. But, at least I know from DE and GT experiences that this is the case and I will stick to my choice...just wish they would tell us what order before confirming so if we wanted to switch, it would be an informed decision.

:p I wish. Since I have a red T reserved, it will be Grey/Silver, White, Black, then Red for T but the reverse order for P. Then I will be like you and @hmp10 complaining about how I reserved before people that got their cars before me and why Lucid doesn't admit that color does make a difference in when we will get our cars. But, at least I know from DE and GT experiences that this is the case and I will stick to my choice...just wish they would tell us what order before confirming so if we wanted to switch, it would be an informed decision.
By the time they get to the Pure production, they should have the expanded paint shop done which will enable them to make all the colors simultaneously.

I understand the frustration coming from a couple of you. I would be ticked to some extent about the communication and difficulty going in order. But I would also say that I got the drift of the issue about two pages back as well as several other threads on which this topic has been discussed. At the end of the day, and this may make some mad, none of our lives are being impacted by not having this car. None of us are catching a bus as we wait for the car to be delivered. Yes, we can certainly walk away which would be painful because we both want the car and know how long it would take to have a different one. But overall, I know I have heard the frustration as I'm sure Lucid has as well. If they choose not to communicate anything about it, then we each have our own decision to make as to whether we stick with the car. My two cents, but mostly, I'd like to read about other topics at this point.

I understand the frustration coming from a couple of you. I would be ticked to some extent about the communication and difficulty going in order. But I would also say that I got the drift of the issue about two pages back as well as several other threads on which this topic has been discussed. At the end of the day, and this may make some mad, none of our lives are being impacted by not having this car. None of us are catching a bus as we wait for the car to be delivered. Yes, we can certainly walk away which would be painful because we both want the car and know how long it would take to have a different one. But overall, I know I have heard the frustration as I'm sure Lucid has as well. If they choose not to communicate anything about it, then we each have our own decision to make as to whether we stick with the car. My two cents, but mostly, I'd like to read about other topics at this point.
Are we allowed to talk about Bruno then?

OK, confirmed my order. AGT, Cosmos Silver, Mojave interior, 19” wheels (I live in the Northeast). Start the clock…. Well, maybe I’ll install a 100A sub panel in the garage to pass the time.
21-Jan-2022. Reservation Made. AGT, Black Mojave, 21"
09-Mar-2022. Order Placed. 2-4 Month Delivery Time Indicated

My hope is is they deliver in that time frame, my expectation is 4-6 Months. Was told bi-directional charger ready in 2nd quarter.

Between Now And Then
  • New roof put on house last week
  • Solar Contract signed last week with target installation in 2-3 months
  • Contact Mercedes and cancel the EQS reservation (made in July 2021). EQS still has no idea when an order could be submitted.

I disagree with the statement none of our lives are being impacted. I recently sold my 2018 Panamera Turbo and am having to share my wife's 2013 Audi S4.( the price I was offered was too good to turn down).

So yes, there are times I am stuck in the house because my wife has the car. If I knew color selection would take priority over reservation date, I would have chosen my paint color accordingly, but I was never given that choice.

Just to play devil's advocate here, that was a conscious choice to come out ahead on your Panamera. Wasn't the delay already known prior to selling?
I disagree with the statement none of our lives are being impacted. I recently sold my 2018 Panamera Turbo and am having to share my wife's 2013 Audi S4.( the price I was offered was too good to turn down).

So yes, there are times I am stuck in the house because my wife has the car. If I knew color selection would take priority over reservation date, I would have chosen my paint color accordingly, but I was never given that choice.

I had an offer to buy my M5 during the 2-4 month timeframe they gave me. I did not take that offer and hope it still stands. That was when the only thing I had to go by was the DA's 2-4 month timeframe. You are right, though, that was my decision, but you cannot say the timeframe given by Lucid would not impact that decision. If I relied on them and made the decision thinking I had four weeks without a car potentially and now being in a position of having no clue how long it would be, I would be a bit more irked.

I could easily be here today having sold my daily driver thinking it would be a month until delivery and having it be X months, pick a number as it is good as any that I can pick. I have absolutely no idea whether they are talking one month or six months.

I almost replied the same way @WildRide47 did, but I was lucky enough to not sell my car relying on Lucid.

My life is impacted every day that I have to put $6/gallon of gas into the minivan because my electric car is not here. I have had several trips within the 2-4 month delivery window with hundreds of dollars of gas. Was hoping that my April and May trips would be done in the Lucid, but it likely won’t. If I have to do the cross country trip in the van, I will be looking at $1000 in gas.

I had an offer to buy my M5 during the 2-4 month timeframe they gave me. I did not take that offer and hope it still stands. That was when the only thing I had to go by was the DA's 2-4 month timeframe. You are right, though, that was my decision, but you cannot say the timeframe given by Lucid would not impact that decision. If I relied on them and made the decision thinking I had four weeks without a car potentially and now being in a position of having no clue how long it would be, I would be a bit more irked.

I could easily be here today having sold my daily driver thinking it would be a month until delivery and having it be X months, pick a number as it is good as any that I can pick. I have absolutely no idea whether they are talking one month or six months.
I'm thinking the same. I need to sell my 2018 Tesla Model X. The question is do I sell now/soon and share my wife's Lexus or wait 2-4 (or whatever it really is) months till it gets closer to when my AGT arrives ?

My life is impacted every day that I have to put $6/gallon of gas into the minivan because my electric car is not here. I have had several trips within the 2-4 month delivery window with hundreds of dollars of gas. Was hoping that my April and May trips would be done in the Lucid, but it likely won’t. If I have to do the cross country trip in the van, I will be looking at $1000 in gas.
I sincerely apologize. I did not realize the financial burdens that are being placed on each of you. I will think through my assumptions more carefully the next time.

I sincerely apologize. I did not realize the financial burdens that are being placed on each of you. I will think through my assumptions more carefully the next time.
I’m fine. It’s just that I would really like to get a status update rather then “I’ll give you information very soon” and I would really, really rather drive the Lucid than the minivan. The gas price is just an irritation reminding my that I don’t have my car yet. We do have a Leaf which we use for as much everyday local driving as we can. The range prevents its use on anything out of the county.

It's a cost, not a burden. @Sandvinsd really has the burden, he has to drive a Minivan.:p

@Sandvinsd - Flying into your neck of the woods tomorrow am, day in La Jolla, headed to Torrance for my test drive on Sunday; Santa Barbara, Pismo, Big Sur, Monterey, San Francisco and Mendocino after that.

@Sandvinsd - Flying into your neck of the woods tomorrow am, day in La Jolla, headed to Torrance for my test drive on Sunday; Santa Barbara, Pismo, Big Sur, Monterey, San Francisco and Mendocino after that.
wow nice road trip. Would be super cool to do that in the Lucid...:p

All that means is that I’ll be driving my 2018 Tesla Model X a little longer than I planned before I sell it.

In any event I’m still not paying $4/gallon for gas.
$4/gallon? That's great deal! Where I am, it won't be long before $6/gallon shows up around the neighborhood.

$4/gallon? That's great deal! Where I am, it won't be long before $6/gallon shows up around the neighborhood.

Was just in Morgan Hill and regular was $5.999. it’s here.

That will be a fun trip. We were just up in Solvang & Santa Barbara last month.

Was just in Morgan Hill and regular was $5.999. it’s here.
Yeah. The ARCO, i.e. cheap gas, was $5:899 for regular near me, and goes up from there.

Back