Pulled the trigger

Maybe, but doesn't change the fact that Grey and Silver are not in the picture and they are producing cars Red, White and Black cars. There has been no issue with the Mojave interior in the red cars and they are doing just fine at putting those December confirmations ahead of all November confirmations of Grey or Silver.

Maybe we should just ASSUME they can't get Grey or Silver paint or that they can't get the Grey or Silver paint to work. Or maybe the guys in the paint shop are colorblind to those colors and can't find the paint. Or maybe there is some sort of nasty AZ insect that has infiltrated the Grey and Silver paint. Or maybe one of the construction guys from Phase 2 or 3 walked in and said, "hey let's use this paint on the new building and took all that paint so they can't find it. That is more communication and conjecture than we get from Lucid right now.

View attachment 1047

Here's a quick breakdown. Of the VINs assigned, a majority of them are Red (10 vs 3 vs 2) and it's split between Mojave and Tahoe interiors. Something important to note is that no cars with Red, white, or black, have reported VINs with Santa Cruz interior (white carpet).
I have been keeping the spreadsheet tracker from the other forum and populating it with reservations found here. Someone mentioned about probabilities, for example of heads turning up 15 straight times. Just looking at Grand Tourings, Grey and Red are the most popular representing about 35% of the orders each, followed by white with about a 15% share. Black >> silver make up the remaining 16%.

Statistically speaking, one should be seeing greys and reds produced. But you are not. So they are not changing over the paint shop but rather producing reds through November reservations of last year before changing over.

What about interiors. In the red cars there is a fairly even split, Tahoe 33% > Mojave (not purluxe) 30% and Santa Cruz 24%. So one should see all three interiors coming out in a "Red" batch. We are not seeing that. Rather we are seeing both Mojave and Tahoe at the exclusion of Santa Cruz. Is Santa Cruz interior limiting?

Perhaps they don't want to do a changeover to grey because most of them are Santa Cruz. Actually, that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact Mojave is the most popular interior in greys with about 40% share and Santa Cruz represents only about a quarter. Even if Santa Cruz interiors are limiting, they should change over the paint and begin producing greys in Mojave and Tahoe to satisfy earlier reservations that are at or past the 4 month delivery window rather than producing red cars for people who reserved less than 6 months ago.

I am just reading the data. If Lucid would just say something, I would not have to try and fill in the blanks. I honestly do not understand why communication is so difficult.

Do we know for a fact that they are not building Grey cars? And if so, is it by choice (because they want to only build red and black GTs at this time) or is there an issue with the grey paint?

The reason I ask is that when I spoke with my rep when I placed my order 2 days ago, he said that color choice won’t effect delivery date.

Do we know for a fact that they are not building Grey cars? And if so, is it by choice (because they want to only build red and black GTs at this time) or is there an issue with the grey paint?

The reason I ask is that when I spoke with my rep when I placed my order 2 days ago, he said that color choice won’t effect delivery date.
I was told that too, but but it is obvious by the lack of Grey cars being delivered or receiving VINs. Grey is the most popular color, on par with red. There are people who reserved in 2019 and confirmed their Grey car orders on 11/2, but have heard nothing, yet people who reserved red/black/white cars last fall who are getting VINs. So yes, they have not built Grey cars. Why? That is the question we have been trying to get answered.

As long as they gave an estimated timeline to reset expectations, that would be fine.
I don't think any manufacturer can do this. the world is current in a tumble dryer and there is a lot of unknown, uncertainty and general anxiety.
is it better they say June 1st ... and then move it to Aug 1st ... and then move it to ... you get the gist? I feel that is even more frustrating.

a lack of communication - I agree is bad.
but expecting an estimated timeline in the current world I think would cause more frustration and disappointment

Yes, we were all told that. I was told that at confirmation mid-November when I switched from Red to Gray. Sort answer is honestly, "yes", but it depends on where they are in their "color cycle" as to if there is an advantage or disadvantage to a certain choice. Right now, I personally think they lost the Grey and Silver paint stock or somebody gave it to their kids to use in a school project.

I don't think any manufacturer can do this. the world is current in a tumble dryer and there is a lot of unknown, uncertainty and general anxiety.
is it better they say June 1st ... and then move it to Aug 1st ... and then move it to ... you get the gist? I feel that is even more frustrating.

a lack of communication - I agree is bad.
but expecting an estimated timeline in the current world I think would cause more frustration and disappointment
How about we are not going to be able to meet the 4 month delivery timeline due to ‘x,y,z’. We will update you weekly to give you updates on the status of issues ‘x,y,z’

Well, they said 2-4 months and that will not be even remotely true for those that were on the front side of the order/confirmation curve and they refuse to revise expectation.

So the date ranges you have put forth, they are already doing it, just converting from a date to ....crickets.....If they can deliver red, black and white, they should be able to deliver grey, period.

Many, if not most, grey and silver selected Mojave interior and that interior is being delivered in other color cars. It is not a part situation for Grey or Silver cars that I am aware of.

How about we are not going to be able to meet the 4 month delivery timeline due to ‘x,y,z’. We will update you weekly to give you updates on the status of issues ‘x,y,z’
+1

even a regular monthly or fortnightly "supply chain and delivery" update would be useful

In the case of just colors being the issue, why not "we have x number of red, x number of white and x number of black to build in this batch before we change to x number of grey and/or silver." Right now, they are producing cars in the fist three colors ahead of those in grey/silver with earlier order/confirmation dates.

In other words, why did they even bother using order date as a confirmation date if confirmation date has no real bearing on actual production date? All that did was make the deposit nonrefundable vs refundable.

Yes, we were all told that. I was told that at confirmation mid-November when I switched from Red to Gray. Sort answer is honestly, "yes", but it depends on where they are in their "color cycle" as to if there is an advantage or disadvantage to a certain choice. Right now, I personally think they lost the Grey and Silver paint stock or somebody gave it to their kids to use in a school project.
If they would have said we are color batching and that the color cycle will be more important than reservation date on timing, then I could accept it. However, they did not. They could also say that they plan to do two years of reservations in red before switching to the next color.
In the case of just colors being the issue, why not "we have x number of red, x number of white and x number of black to build in this batch before we change to x number of grey and/or silver." Right now, they are producing cars in the fist three colors ahead of those in grey/silver with earlier order/confirmation dates.

In other words, why did they even bother using order date as a confirmation date if confirmation date has no real bearing on actual production date? All that did was make the deposit nonrefundable vs refundable.
It is "we are going to produce all the red cars until we run out of red paint." lol

If you have a red Touring or pure, get ready! you will get it in Q2.

I wonder who is going to get the pink car when they switch from red to white?

I realize you've being facetious but they still need to color cycle to silver and grey, right? I'm hoping they end this cycle on grey so I can get my Touring :)

Maybe instead of each of us contacting our SA or DA on a separate basis, we should group together and write one letter with all our signatures on it expressing our disappointment and rising anger at not being told that color would take precedence over reservation date and not being given the option to change our color selection so that we can get our cars earlier than those with a later reservation date.

I realize you've being facetious but they still need to color cycle to silver and grey, right? I'm hoping they end this cycle on grey so I can get my Touring :)
Yeah. It is just my frustration coming out from the crickets at HQ. But it might be true that, if you want your touring more quickly, pay attention to the last color being made on a GT when you confirm your order!

Maybe instead of each of us contacting our SA or DA on a separate basis, we should group together and write one letter with all our signatures on it expressing our disappointment and rising anger at not being told that color would take precedence over reservation date and not being given the option to change our color selection so that we can get our cars earlier than those with a later reservation date.
I'm in ....

Statistically speaking, one should be seeing greys and reds produced. But you are not. So they are not changing over the paint shop but rather producing reds through November reservations of last year before changing over.

Beyond November, those who confirmed in December have now gotten VINs.

Beyond November, those who confirmed in December have now gotten VINs.
Yes. Those November reservations were confirmed orders in December. So someone who may have made a reservation 4 months ago can be getting a VIN, yet someone who reserved in 2019 is not.

If they would have said we are color batching and that the color cycle will be more important than reservation date on timing, then I could accept it. However, they did not. They could also say that they plan to do two years of reservations in red before switching to the next color.

It is "we are going to produce all the red cars until we run out of red paint." lol

This is just me guessing to the reasoning, but since they are already behind on production, maybe they are pushing all the reds, white and black to reduce downtime in the paint shop. I think during the tour they said it takes a full day to swap out a color. That said, it's very understandably frustrating to get leap frogged by reservation and confirmation time. I do feel for you GT guys

This is just me guessing to the reasoning, but since they are already behind on production, maybe they are pushing all the reds, white and black to reduce downtime in the paint shop. I think during the tour they said it takes a full day to swap out a color. That said, it's very understandably frustrating to get leap frogged by reservation and confirmation time. I do feel for you GT guys
Oh, I am sure that is the case. Again, if they would tell me that is the reason, it would be appreciated. Not saying anything is bad customer service. This is not new. @hmp10 gave the same feedback on communication with the Dreams. I am just surprised at how recent they have gotten on the reservations before changing colors. If they had told me that this was what they were going to do back in November..........

Back