(Purchased) Last Min Changes, Pick-up experience, Initial driving/quality thoughts

northernstar

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
X1Z1QZTQ
Soooo... Just wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone who chimed in on my previous two posts while going through the design/option/waiting processes.

I visited the San Diego Store on Friday 29th.;
(three times was the charm)
- Compared Fathom Blue (what i fell in love with) & Cosmos Silver (my initial choice)
- Went over the March 2024 promotions and discounts.

So... Here's the final order/choice.
Initial Design/OrderFinal Choice/SelectionComments
Air TouringAir Grand Touring(real world) range anxiety kicked in / 2023 inventory discounts
Fathom Blue
PXL_20240329_203507605.jpg
Cosmos Silver
PXL_20240329_211831621.jpg
Was adamant about FB, for a month.... but gave up.
FYI, 2024 GT now produces Fathom Blue. (no discounts / one was available)
BTW, FB out in the sun almost gives cool-grey color vibe.
Glass CanopyGlass Canopy
StealthPlatinumSaw Silver + Stealth on the freeway, looked nice also.
1711933602513.png
20"19"Southern California potholes, potholes, and potholes.. Did I mention potholes?
Latest rain/storm here in Cali is not doing any favor to already bad and cracked road conditions
PurLuxeSanta CruzI was over with (my Audi's) Black exterior / interior
Wood isn't my preferred material, but Santa Cruz's brighter-shade is subtle enough.
DreamDrive ProDreamDrive ProAll features work as expected...
Need to figure out how to enable lane-keeping / highway assistance on regular driving without the cruise control activation
Surreal Sound ProSurreal Sound ProThere are some crappy dolby atmost music out there in Tidal.
It's not the car's fault.. but how the songs got mixed/remastered poorly.
But seriously.. no equalizer? just treble+mid+sub???
20-Way20-Way(compared to 2018 Audi S5)
Strong seat ventilation
Massage is good. (for a car)

Picked up the vehicle today at the Costa Mesa, CA and Drove back to San Diego, CA. (Sunday, March 31st)

- A few minor exterior scratches / Delivery agent took photos and submitted the mobile service request
- A few dead bugs inside the cup holder and rear seat window areas / Not exactly attention-to-detail cleaning, is it?
- Window rubbers were covered in brown-yellow dusts / Is this Arizona sitting-outside-Casa Grande Plant thing??
- The delivery agent only gave me one key fob / Realized while driving back home.. Tried to call but they already closed... They better ship the key fob.

Initial pouring-rain freeway experience/thoughts

- no rattle noises or creeks... at least for now.
- got used to one-pedal driving experience fairly quickly. (standard break setting)
- thank god for 19" wheels...went through several pot holes and chipped rocks on the freeway due to pouring rain..
- speed demon. (love it!) Speeding at avg 85~90 and a few >100 accelerations without a sweat.
- Electric America charging is free(?) Plugged it to the car and Lucid "took" care of it.

PXL_20240331_201811810.MP.jpg

PXL_20240331_204435695.MP~2.jpg

Touring w/20" is a nice spec, but I think you'll be glad you have the GT with 19's and massaging seats on long road trips. Beautiful!

Great write up. I thought they finished the promotion for EA charging though?
“Free charging” wasn’t in the March 2024 promotion/purchase details…So I assumed I had to download the EA/EVGO apps and open account… but the moment i plugged the charger, it was charging… Lucid App reported $0.00.. Guess it’s still free charging. Something I’ll be inquiring about it tomorrow to my sales advisor.

re: equalizer
I also thought that there wasn't an equalizer but there is, it is the next line down from the bass/treble settings

Welcome aboard! Another SanDiego owner and great choice. Same configuration as me except I have a grey instead of silver. You will be VERY happy with the extra range on the GT on 19” wheels. The massage works wonders on long trips. For the Santa Cruz interior, I highly recommend some all weather floor mats. I have The grey 3D mats which I love.

“Free charging” wasn’t in the March 2024 promotion/purchase details…So I assumed I had to download the EA/EVGO apps and open account… but the moment i plugged the charger, it was charging… Lucid App reported $0.00.. Guess it’s still free charging. Something I’ll be inquiring about it tomorrow to my sales advisor.
You can open up the lucid App, click on the upper left three bars, open Lucid Charging Service, then Service summary. The dates of the free charging start and end should appear there.

Welcome aboard! Another SanDiego owner and great choice. Same configuration as me except I have a grey instead of silver. You will be VERY happy with the extra range on the GT on 19” wheels. The massage works wonders on long trips. For the Santa Cruz interior, I highly recommend some all weather floor mats. I have The grey 3D mats which I love.
Thank you. Only been two days, but the quality and driving dynamic is just out of this world.
I'm looking into the official ceramic all-weather floor mats. (to go with Santa Cruz interior)

Thank you. Only been two days, but the quality and driving dynamic is just out of this world.
I'm looking into the official ceramic all-weather floor mats. (to go with Santa Cruz interior)
There are a few great threads about floor mats here. The lucid ones work well but are relatively low coverage. My preference is the 3D Mats because I like the look, more coverage, and the gray matches really nicely. Others swear by the TuxMats because though they are black-only they have the best coverage by far. YMMV.

I use the Lucid liners for frunk and trunk though.

You can open up the lucid App, click on the upper left three bars, open Lucid Charging Service, then Service summary. The dates of the free charging start and end should appear there.
Ah. Good to know.
Just checked the app. It was $0.00 for March with 21.6kWh..
The Service Summary page didn't indicate that it's free...
I'll just have to wait til my battery goes to approx 20% and charge.. and see if they're going to add the bill.

There are a few great threads about floor mats here. The lucid ones work well but are relatively low coverage. My preference is the 3D Mats because I like the look, more coverage, and the gray matches really nicely. Others swear by the TuxMats because though they are black-only they have the best coverage by far. YMMV.

I use the Lucid liners for frunk and trunk though.
Sorry. "3D Mats"... are we talking about this specific brand?

I’ve yet to see a Lucid liner for the main trunk area, just the wells. I wound up going with the one available from Amazon. It fits well and seems well made.

I’ve yet to see a Lucid liner for the main trunk area, just the wells. I wound up going with the one available from Amazon. It fits well and seems well made.
I meant the wells. :) I'm waiting on 3D mats to release their trunk liner. I don't much like the TuxMats one personally as I find it cumbersome to lift the subtrunk cover with it on.

I meant the wells. :) I'm waiting on 3D mats to release their trunk liner. I don't much like the TuxMats one personally as I find it cumbersome to lift the subtrunk cover with it on.
I actually ordered the Tux version initially, but ‘returned’ it when I saw how it looked. It’s not my preference aesthetically. Tux has an interesting return policy on these. Rather than physically returning it, they ask you to cut it in two and send them pix of the severed liner. They then promptly credit you for the ‘return’. For them this is apparently cheaper than paying the return shipping costs.

When 3D releases their version, I’ll probably swap the Amazon piece out.

“Free charging” wasn’t in the March 2024 promotion/purchase details…So I assumed I had to download the EA/EVGO apps and open account… but the moment i plugged the charger, it was charging… Lucid App reported $0.00.. Guess it’s still free charging. Something I’ll be inquiring about it tomorrow to my sales advisor
EA Free was definitely a part of the March 2024 promotion...helped me pull the trigger

Back