From test drive to pick up in 72 hours

pupa101c

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Air Touring
Referral Code
I33IA7SC
Folks, I wanted to share my 72 hour ordering/purchase experience from last week. Kudos to Lucid. This was crazy fast from my perspective.

[Sunday]
My wife and I scheduled a test drive at the San Jose Westfield Valley Fair Studio at noon (Sunday). Test drive was awesome and really liked the car. We went back to the showroom to discuss availability. I had originally wanted a Pure AWD w/DreamDrive Pro & Surreal Sound Pro to take advantage of the fall Autumn Event promotion. Unfortunately, there were no more cars left in that configuration in stock (I should have gone in a week earlier).

I had mentioned that I urgently needed a car. Our SA showed us the Touring (Stellar White/Tahoe/Glass roof) in the showroom and mentioned if we were interested we could pick that one up before Thanksgiving and they could get it ready for pickup at Millbrae (they were also able to change the tires to 19" from the 20 on display). Obviously the touring was more expensive but yet within reach for us and we liked the upgrades. Our SA said if we wanted to pull the trigger to start the process I should put the $1k deposit down. I was skeptical of the delivery time and went home to think on it. A few hours later on Sunday I decided to place the reservation.

[Monday]
Monday morning I received a text from SA that the order was updated and VIN was allocated and to start the Lucid loan application. I submitted the loan app before noon. By 2PM I received the proforma invoice which was getting routed to the bank. BofA (aka Lucid financial services) called me by 5pm telling me the loan was approved and that next step was to have Lucid send over the final contract.

[Tuesday]
Had to finalize some financial details with Lucid on discounts/down payment etc.. to finalize the invoice. Lucid routed it to the bank. At 4:30pm signed the loan. At 5:30 SA confirmed everything was ready to go and offered ey 3 pickup slots for Wed. I chose 12pm.

[Wed]
9:45am DA contacted me to schedule Lyft pickup from my home and remind me to bring DL/proof insurance/down payment.
10am Went to the back to get a cashiers check for down payment.
11:20 Lyft picked me up and arrived at noon to do the walk through/orientation. Everything looked good. I left the showroom with my new Lucid at 1:30pm and went home!

During pickup in Millbrae I told the DA that I could not believe how fast this process was. He mentioned that I was part of a new pilot and they were working on streamlining the purchasing process and various hand offs.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car and very satisfied with the end-to-end purchase process. I hope they can roll this out more broadly for others.

Folks, I wanted to share my 72 hour ordering/purchase experience from last week. Kudos to Lucid. This was crazy fast from my perspective.

[Sunday]
My wife and I scheduled a test drive at the San Jose Westfield Valley Fair Studio at noon (Sunday). Test drive was awesome and really liked the car. We went back to the showroom to discuss availability. I had originally wanted a Pure AWD w/DreamDrive Pro & Surreal Sound Pro to take advantage of the fall Autumn Event promotion. Unfortunately, there were no more cars left in that configuration in stock (I should have gone in a week earlier).

I had mentioned that I urgently needed a car. Our SA showed us the Touring (Stellar White/Tahoe/Glass roof) in the showroom and mentioned if we were interested we could pick that one up before Thanksgiving and they could get it ready for pickup at Millbrae (they were also able to change the tires to 19" from the 20 on display). Obviously the touring was more expensive but yet within reach for us and we liked the upgrades. Our SA said if we wanted to pull the trigger to start the process I should put the $1k deposit down. I was skeptical of the delivery time and went home to think on it. A few hours later on Sunday I decided to place the reservation.

[Monday]
Monday morning I received a text from SA that the order was updated and VIN was allocated and to start the Lucid loan application. I submitted the loan app before noon. By 2PM I received the proforma invoice which was getting routed to the bank. BofA (aka Lucid financial services) called me by 5pm telling me the loan was approved and that next step was to have Lucid send over the final contract.

[Tuesday]
Had to finalize some financial details with Lucid on discounts/down payment etc.. to finalize the invoice. Lucid routed it to the bank. At 4:30pm signed the loan. At 5:30 SA confirmed everything was ready to go and offered ey 3 pickup slots for Wed. I chose 12pm.

[Wed]
9:45am DA contacted me to schedule Lyft pickup from my home and remind me to bring DL/proof insurance/down payment.
11:20 Lyft picked me up and arrived at noon to do the walk through/orientation. Everything looked good. I left the showroom with my new Lucid at 1:30pm and went home!

During pickup in Millbrae I told the DA that I could not believe how fast this process was. He mentioned that I was part of a new pilot and they were working on streamlining the purchasing process and various hand offs.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car and very satisfied with the end-to-end purchase process. I hope they can roll this out more broadly for others.
Welcome to the #LucidOwnersClub

Congrats... I too upgraded from a Pure reservation to a Touring and it's been awesome 👍. Enjoy the new ride...

[Sunday]

[Monday]

[Tuesday]

[Wed]

Pics, please.

And congrats.

Fantastic! Glad to see Lucid continues to provide great service and is improving the buying process.

Congrats on your new ride, soon hope to be a Lucid owner :)

[Sunday]

[Monday]

[Tuesday]

[Wed]

Pics, please.

And congrats.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 145

[Sunday]

[Monday]

[Tuesday]

[Wed]

That was a suspenseful account, and impressive how smoothly the whole thing went. Excellent.

Fantastic story, and congratulations!

[Sunday]

[Monday]

[Tuesday]

[Wed]

Congratulations! Great story and beautiful car!

Congratulation and welcome to #LucidOwnersClub

[Sunday]

[Monday]

[Tuesday]

[Wed]

Congrats! I am not a big fan of white color on cars but with the glass canopy it looks amazing!

Back