Request to delay delivery prior to my placing order refused, ? advice?

Dr. Joe

Cars
Lucid (ordered): Audi Etr
I'd appreciate any advice , assistance. I've been looking at the Lucid Air for quite some time and finally decided to take the plunge. I would lease a 2023 Air GT. I called my SA in Miami to discuss a few things. The most important thing to me is that I'm leaving soon to New Zealand to visit family and will return late April. I was upfront with the SA and requested that the car I want be held with a deposit. I would go through the paperwork and do whatever necessary but would take delivery when I return. I really don't want to take delivery and have it sit in the garage for several weeks. The SA was open to the idea but said he needed to talk to management. He called me later in the day and told me that management denied my request and offered me a different car with specs I don't want that could be delivered immediately. I'm disappointed but in reality I don't need to buy the car, it just something I have wanted to do and finally I decided to just do it.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know someone that might approve such a request, which I think is reasonable? I wonder why Lucid would turn down a sale in today's market when the company needs to sell as many cars as it car.
Many thanks

I'd appreciate any advice , assistance. I've been looking at the Lucid Air for quite some time and finally decided to take the plunge. I would lease a 2023 Air GT. I called my SA in Miami to discuss a few things. The most important thing to me is that I'm leaving soon to New Zealand to visit family and will return late April. I was upfront with the SA and requested that the car I want be held with a deposit. I would go through the paperwork and do whatever necessary but would take delivery when I return. I really don't want to take delivery and have it sit in the garage for several weeks. The SA was open to the idea but said he needed to talk to management. He called me later in the day and told me that management denied my request and offered me a different car with specs I don't want that could be delivered immediately. I'm disappointed but in reality I don't need to buy the car, it just something I have wanted to do and finally I decided to just do it.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know someone that might approve such a request, which I think is reasonable? I wonder why Lucid would turn down a sale in today's market when the company needs to sell as many cars as it car.
Many thanks
Very interesting. Could it possibly be because there is some technicality with the lease? Did you do any action related to finances yet?

Current promotion and prices are for this quarter sale. This is something you are asking them to lock the car with current pricing and take delivery in the next quarter.
Not sure what is stoping you to wait until you are back and purchase the vehicle, i am mostly sure(fingers crossed) there will be cars with your specs available unless you are wanting the price locked with current pricing.

Very interesting. Could it possibly be because there is some technicality with the lease? Did you do any action related to finances yet?
No, I didn't do anything related to the finances. I called the SA to discuss this with him and was ready to put the deposit down but didn't because of the response.

No, I didn't do anything related to the finances. I called the SA to discuss this with him and was ready to put the deposit down but didn't because of the response.
@mcr16 could be able to help you with this. Very odd they would not let it be delayed..

@mcr16 could be able to help you with this. Very odd they would not let it be delayed..
Having not gone through any of these processes in a long time, I've not commented on them because I have no working knowledge of Lucid's procedures except secondhand accounts through members of this forum.

... I would go through the paperwork and do whatever necessary but would take delivery when I return. I really don't want to take delivery and have it sit in the garage for several weeks....
I think one issue is that Lucid can't record the sale until the car has been paid for. Lucid's current incentives are designed to maximize sales this quarter at a given cost this quarter.

Many thanks
Is there a specific reason you don't want to let the car sit in the garage while you're away? There are many owners that leave their cars unused for weeks or months without issue, if that's the concern. I could also understand not wanting to be paying for the car and not using it, but if it gets you a better deal with the spec you want it seems worth it, IMO.

Is there a specific reason you don't want to let the car sit in the garage while you're away? There are many owners that leave their cars unused for weeks or months without issue, if that's the concern. I could also understand not wanting to be paying for the car and not using it, but if it gets you a better deal with the spec you want it seems worth it, IMO.
I can see not wanting to have it sit. There are many electronic gizmos in these cars and these kinds of gadgets tend to fail early. So I can see the Op wanting to not take delivery until he can see how the car performs for the first few weeks.

If the Op is looking to utilize current incentives, then I can see why lucid would not agree. If the Op is not doing so, then it doesn't make sense unless Lucid has no way in its system to do that. But the delay is less than the amount of time that Lucid would take to build an ordered car. Perhaps the Lucid rep thought the OP wanted the incentives and didn't think to ask.

Yeah, if you can’t take delivery soon, then wait till you come back in April and order the car. I don’t see why Lucid would give you present incentives and let you take delivery when you want.

I'm thinking it does have something to do with the incentives being time based. When I first reserved mine back in June of 2022, I was given an expected delivery date in December or January. Then I got called that it was ready for delivery, in September, while I was away in Yellowstone. I really couldn't take delivery that early, for so many reasons. My DA didn't have a problem moving things around and getting me a date closer to the original time. But there was no price difference involved and no incentives being applied back then.

Back