‘22 New Inventory Deals: $110k GT’s, 0% interest

For the individual owner yes it's subjective. But for comparables and market it can be objective, evidenced by the lack of demand. I still think they priced the higher trims too high, as it's a very very very good car. I'm not saying the GT is a bad car, in fact I wish I could afford it (even at 120k I can't/won't), but the market has spoken and they have responded by lowering the price to what the market will bear.
Given Mercedes, Porsche and BMW’s current prices, the AGT was not remotely overpriced car value wise.

What was needed for brand awareness and inventory movement at an early startup stage is just being done.

But by no way/shape and or form is the car overvalued at the price. Most I’ve talked to want one and can’t afford it — but would buy one if they could afford it.

I also talked to a sales rep about this deal — it is a limited deal to move the small remaining inventory on a car model that will soon be considered a 2 y/o model from inventory. It’s one heck of a bargain for people who haven’t jumped on yet.

Given Mercedes, Porsche and BMW’s current prices, the AGT was not remotely overpriced car value wise.

What was needed for brand awareness and inventory movement at an early startup stage is just being done.

But by no way/shape and or form is the car overvalued at the price. Most I’ve talked to want one and can’t afford it — but would buy one if they could afford it.

I also talked to a sales rep about this deal — it is a limited deal to move the small remaining inventory on a car model that will soon be considered a 2 y/o model from inventory. It’s one heck of a bargain for people who haven’t jumped on yet.
I would not be surprised if they did it again though, as I don’t think the 2023 Grand Touring's or Touring are moving that well either. Although, I don’t think any high end EV’s are moving now with the economy we are in and only so many people that can afford them, especially if financing at these high interest rates.

OK, I accepted delivery of my 2022 Lucid AGT!

Everything went really well. I don't have/see any issues with the build quality. No issues with delivery and orientation procedures.

I took the car for a drive and it's definitely way nicer than any (I've driven / owned every model that they offer) Tesla vehicle: materials are great, space is ample, seats (I'd say the massage function is better than in our BMW iX) are fantastic and overall driving dynamics are exceptional (took it for a ride with my family around the Red Rock)! Kids love the amount of space in the back and retracting shades are a welcome feature for our summers here in Las Vegas.

The car came with 3 years of free EA charging.

I haven't had a chance to drive it that much today, but I plan to compensate for that tomorrow morning. If anyone's interested in coffee / brief chat in the Summerlin area, feel free to ping me :)

Very frustrated no recourse to early adopters to be given the chance by Lucid to refinance to current rate offers. I took delivery of my Air Touring prior to current interest rate and lease deals and have less than 500 miles on my car. My interest rate through Lucid Financial is a joke compared to current offers. Easily costing me $800 more per month than those who join the Lucid family now.

Very frustrated no recourse to early adopters to be given the chance by Lucid to refinance to current rate offers. I took delivery of my Air Touring prior to current interest rate and lease deals and have less than 500 miles on my car. My interest rate through Lucid Financial is a joke compared to current offers. Easily costing me $800 more per month than those who join the Lucid family now.
Not sure why you are frustrated. Car specials/rates/deals have always been changing, so this is nothing different. When you are an early adopter or early new model owner you always get worse deals. This deal was just for 2022 leftover GT’s - nothing different than what other mfg’s do to clear inventory if that old. 🙂

Not sure why you are frustrated. Car specials/rates/deals have always been changing, so this is nothing different. When you are an early adopter or early new model owner you always get worse deals. This deal was just for 2022 leftover GT’s - nothing different than what other mfg’s do to clear inventory if that old. 🙂
Absolutely. Remember when the Jeep Gladiator came out: dealers demanding and getting over msrp, waiting lists, etc. After about six months, they started to languish on the dealer lots. Managing inventory is not a simple process.

Are you equally frustrated when you get a good deal and do you offer to go back and pay the company more money?

Reactions: DBV
OK, I accepted delivery of my 2022 Lucid AGT!

Everything went really well. I don't have/see any issues with the build quality. No issues with delivery and orientation procedures.

I took the car for a drive and it's definitely way nicer than any (I've driven / owned every model that they offer) Tesla vehicle: materials are great, space is ample, seats (I'd say the massage function is better than in our BMW iX) are fantastic and overall driving dynamics are exceptional (took it for a ride with my family around the Red Rock)! Kids love the amount of space in the back and retracting shades are a welcome feature for our summers here in Las Vegas.

The car came with 3 years of free EA charging.

I haven't had a chance to drive it that much today, but I plan to compensate for that tomorrow morning. If anyone's interested in coffee / brief chat in the Summerlin area, feel free to ping me :)

Congrats! And heck of a deal!

Yesterday, I have tons people asking me at Drive Electric Day Expo when I demo the car, especially price has gone down. NONE! It was that good! I consider honor to get my AGT early and supporting Lucid R&D.

I would not be surprised if they did it again though, as I don’t think the 2023 Grand Touring's or Touring are moving that well either. Although, I don’t think any high end EV’s are moving now with the economy we are in and only so many people that can afford them, especially if financing at these high interest rates.

The Tesla Roadster BEV sports car was from 2008 to 2012, and the first production all-electric car to travel more than 244 miles. Tesla sold about 2,450 Roadsters in over 30 countries with cumulative production reached 1,000 cars in January 2010. 30–40% of components were sourced from Taiwan.

Lucid Air is the first BEV to achieve 520 miles EPA From Nov 2021 to Q2 of 2023 with cumulative delivery at 7,304.

Both Roadster and Air had rough start. It’s the later products of any startup that propel company depends on product features and execution.

I personally wouldn’t worry about Lucid. Lucid is working on designing midsize right now with halo Sapphire out in days and Gravity assembly line being planned out.

I need to wash it, but hey, who does that first thing in the morning when you can get into some spirited driving on empty Vegas roads first thing in the morning when everyone else’s in bed :)

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 122
Figured I could test DCFC and drove straight into not so uncommon EA experience: not single station was operational.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 128
At least they didn't drop prices 50k like some Tesla's.

Unfortunatley, this how supply/demand/pricing works. I'm in the same boat. So I bought more Lucid stock, at these low prices. By next year I would have made more than I lost buying early.

Good way to make up for your losses and support your EV company!

At least they didn't drop prices 50k like some Tesla's.

Unfortunatley, this how supply/demand/pricing works. I'm in the same boat. So I bought more Lucid stock, at these low prices. By next year I would have made more than I lost buying early.

Good way to make up for your losses and support your EV company!
Still seems like just allowing us to refi would be reasonable. Not expecting a different price.

Still seems like just allowing us to refi would be reasonable. Not expecting a different price.
I’ve never heard of a car loan being refinanced by a manufacturer.

I don't think you fully understand the economics behind the zero percent offer.

Assuming your only down payment is the $1000 deposit, and a sales price of 110K, the amount financed, depending somewhat on the sales tax you pay where you live, is around $118,000.

Except in very special situations, even with "superprime" credit, 4.5% is about the best you can do on a 72 month loan. A $118K/4.5%/72 month loan results in $16,865 in interest charges over the life of the loan, so Lucid is contributing well over $10K (hard to know exactly how much) to buy down the loan.

No car company is going to retroactively bestow a $10,000 gift on current owners, and as somebody alluded to earlier in this thread, Tesla has screwed recent Model S buyers far worse than you believe Lucid has done to you.

Figured I could test DCFC and drove straight into not so uncommon EA experience: not single station was operational.
Yeah, I was going to say, after your delivery, that with everything in life, there are little hiccups. As you can tell by the forum, there are issues with the Air that we as owners share with other owners as well as solutions. Don't let minor blemishes spoil your appreciation of the best EV car available today. Shout out to Bobby and the mods who make this possible.

Install a 220 charger in your garage and your interactions with EA will mainly be on trips. Or accept, like me (who always picks the slowest line) that patience is a virtue 😉

I could probably get a lightly used GT for 40,000 less than what I paid when I bought new , but don’t let that detract from the utter joy I get from driving my car on a daily basis. These kinds of price shifts and special deals happen all the time; don’t let it drive you bonkers.

Back