• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

‘22 New Inventory Deals: $110k GT’s, 0% interest

FWIW, Lucid seems to have quite a few of 2022 AGTs right now. I got matched with one today (QG, any wheels - I picked 19', pretty much any interior color).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.06.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 9.06.54 PM.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 136
FWIW, Lucid seems to have quite a few of 2022 AGTs right now. I got matched with one today (QG, any wheels - I picked 19', pretty much any interior color).
Nice, bring it to the vegas meetup!

Nice, bring it to the vegas meetup!
I certainly will if I decide to proceed, haha. One thing that really bothers me is if Lucid (the company) is going to make it. Considering their financials and how much work (at least on the software side of things, based on what I've read so far) still needs to be done, I'm a bit anxious about the state the company's in right now.

I certainly will if I decide to proceed, haha. One thing that really bothers me is if Lucid (the company) is going to make it. Considering their financials and how much work (at least on the software side of things, based on what I've read so far) still needs to be done, I'm a bit anxious about the state the company's in right now.
The company's fine. Don't let the FUD scare you; the software is fine, just needs more features and time. It's stable.

Financially, the company is doing fine as long as the PIF keeps backing them, and there is no sign of that slowing down.

Amazon initially kept losing money years after years for 9 years. The losses grew from $52,000 in 1994 to $5.78 million in 1996.

As long as Lucid has access to the stock market to raise funds from the public, I would not be worried.

We also own an EQS so I have something to compare the Lucid against on a daily basis.
From the software standpoint, Lucid is not far behind. If EQS is a 10, I’d rank Lucid at least 8, if not higher.
Yes, the software can be better, and Lucid has made great strides.
I definitely wouldn’t let the internet chatting about the state of the software deter me from buying the car.

Last edited:

Remember, Tesla went through a very rough patch too, in the late 20-teens, and most especially when the Model 3 first hit the market. Tesla too, appeared to be on the verge of bankruptcy. It didn’t help either that Tesla were beset by Tesla-haters, FUD and some such and sundry elements intent on destroying the company’s reputation.

It took Elon Musk literally living at the Tesla factory in Fremont CA for a while (suppposedly he slept on a couch in his office for weeks), and personally overseeing the ramp up in Model 3 production to start turning the company’s fortunes around. Less than a decade later, look where they are. It’s my most fervent hope that Lucid too will take off, just like Tesla eventually did. In the meantime, buy the car. It’s terrific, there’s a lot to love about it, and it’s a purchase you won’t regret.

September 30th will mark my one-year anniversary of Lucid Air GT ownership. I will have driven over 25,000 very happy, completely blissful miles. And let me hasten to add, one year later, this car still turns heads, attracts questioners and draws nods and thumbs up of appreciation.

They will make it, the Saudis will pour more billions if needed, saudi factory opened, it will be a huge embarassment for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia if Lucid goes bankrupt. Lots of cars are selling, SUV will sell more! Just note, Lucid is also expanding big time into the Middle East, not to mention Europe. Asia and Australia is next. Its not just the US market.

You will miss out on the best EV ever made....so far....until the Gravity SUV!

First, I really appreciate all of your comments!

Second, our BMW iX will be getting a new friend - I decided to proceed with my order.
I’m sure they’ll get along fine, but put them in separate rooms first so they can get used to each other’s smell. ;)

I’m sure they’ll get along fine, but put them in separate rooms first so they can get used to each other’s smell. ;)
And so that Lucid's alexa doesn't say on first sight "I wouldn't date you, your nose is too big!"

i do like the ixs back and side view though..

Also, are all 22 model year lucids GT's or are there tourings? I recall some tourings were made in 2022, and lucid tends to make their model years "real"

First, I really appreciate all of your comments!

Second, our BMW iX will be getting a new friend - I decided to proceed with my order.
Fantastic, congrats! What configuration did you go with?

And so that Lucid's alexa doesn't say on first sight "I wouldn't date you, your nose is too big!"

i do like the ixs back and side view though..

Also, are all 22 model year lucids GT's or are there tourings? I recall some tourings were made in 2022, and lucid tends to make their model years "real"
I expected this kind of comment, haha!

Jokes aside, I really like our iX: it drives really well, sometimes exceeds its rated EPA and, overall, was a problem-free car so far (1 year of ownership).

See you in Vegas!
Haha, I'm still recovering from the Tesla delivery experience trauma - I feel like there will be noticeable alignment issues (Lucid is a new company after all) and things like that and I won't be able to accept delivery (that happened once with 1 of our Teslas and then the second one was perfect).
I hope I'll be wrong though.

I expected this kind of comment, haha!

Jokes aside, I really like our iX: it drives really well, sometimes exceeds its rated EPA and, overall, was a problem-free car so far (1 year of ownership).
Dont get me wrong, it is my absolute favorite evsuv with the r1s right now. I even like the looks strangely..

Dont get me wrong, it is my absolute favorite evsuv with the r1s right now. I even like the looks strangely..
Oh trust me, I like it a lot. I know many people hate its front, but I, for some reason, really dig it - it's probably its weirdness that I find awesome, but who knows.

Back