Order issues

farreljs

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
DE Number
Hi! I have an Air Touring ordered, I am am becoming increasingly frustrated by the process. I have 2 SA's working on my deal. They almost never answer my emails. Lucid has pulled my credit twice (not sure why as my score is 871), and both the money due at delivery and the monthly payment have increased on my Lucid account with no explanation as to why.
I have no idea if my referral code or any other incentives are being applied to my order. Each step is increasingly frustrating.

My car is apparently in route to the delivery center but there is no ETA.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone offer advice?

Are you 100% sure that the car is enroute to SC? Depending on the state and SC, car has to be paid before they ship to the SC.

Did you call them directly on cell? I hope this experience improves but the car will be fun to enjoy once it gets pass this process issue.

Also, paging @mcr16 to see if this can be ironed out.

Hi! I have an Air Touring ordered, I am am becoming increasingly frustrated by the process. I have 2 SA's working on my deal. They almost never answer my emails. Lucid has pulled my credit twice (not sure why as my score is 871), and both the money due at delivery and the monthly payment have increased on my Lucid account with no explanation as to why.
I have no idea if my referral code or any other incentives are being applied to my order. Each step is increasingly frustrating.

Hi, @farreljs. I just sent you a DM. Let me know if I may be of assistance.

What agency gives a credit score over 850? I just… haven’t heard of that before and am curious. I only familiar with them maxing out at 850.

Once you drive the car, all will be forgiven!

What agency gives a credit score over 850? I just… haven’t heard of that before and am curious. I only familiar with them maxing out at 850.
Fico auto scores are slightly different, going up to 900. Its weighted differently to tell lenders your liklihood of paying back an auto loan.

The copy of my credit report that Lucid sent me reported my score as 871. I thought it was odd too.

The copy of my credit report that Lucid sent me reported my score as 871. I thought it was odd too.
Please make sure to post again so we can (hopefully) mark this one resolved.

I'm kinda in a similar boat.I processed my lease and everything flew through. That was the end of March. When the new April deals came through I was able to save a bunch of money on the new terms on my car so I've been stuck in limbo with the IT and Finance people. My dashboard still has the previous offer and ACCEPT is the only option! WTF?
And now I'm dealing with their IT group who are convinced they updated my profile but I don't what they doing. Nothing has changed on my end. Not the seamless, premium experience, especially for someone trying to pay for a car sight unseen!

I am sorry that you are going through this @MGRMLN but it does make me feel a little better that I am not alone. I also emailed @mcr16 and have not gotten a response. My dashboard still reflects an inaccurate build.

I ordered an Air GT on Tuesday of last week. I immediately filled out and uploaded the required documents. My credit was pulled on Wednesday by BofA for the purposes of the lease. I emailed LFS a couple times and finally was able to get the projected lease terms and I accepted them. I am now waiting for a contract from LFS but I was told they normally send them out 48 hrs prior to delivery (not sure if this is true or not) I was recently informed that they ran out of 21" tires so I swapped for the 20" (not a big deal). So now I am in wait mode to hear for an update on when the Air GT will have the 20" placed on the car and when it will leave AZ to hopefully arrive in the Midwest. It's a little frustrating, communication has been fairly sparse which feels a bit odd for a "post-luxury" model. All that said - I'm excited about the vehicle but just wish there was a bit better hand holding through this process.

I ordered an Air GT on Tuesday of last week. I immediately filled out and uploaded the required documents. My credit was pulled on Wednesday by BofA for the purposes of the lease. I emailed LFS a couple times and finally was able to get the projected lease terms and I accepted them. I am now waiting for a contract from LFS but I was told they normally send them out 48 hrs prior to delivery (not sure if this is true or not) I was recently informed that they ran out of 21" tires so I swapped for the 20" (not a big deal). So now I am in wait mode to hear for an update on when the Air GT will have the 20" placed on the car and when it will leave AZ to hopefully arrive in the Midwest. It's a little frustrating, communication has been fairly sparse which feels a bit odd for a "post-luxury" model. All that said - I'm excited about the vehicle but just wish there was a bit better hand holding through this process.
Completely agree! I had to chase Lucid down to complete my paperwork. In the end, they worked hard to get me my completed agreements very quickly so I appreciate them!
As a startup, I have no doubt they have more than their fair share of supplier challenges.

Completely agree! I had to chase Lucid down to complete my paperwork. In the end, they worked hard to get me my completed agreements very quickly so I appreciate them!
As a startup, I have no doubt they have more than their fair share of supplier challenges.
I got my lease documents sent 24 hours before delivery and the final signed paperwork 2 days post delivery. Not a big deal.

I'm in Florida, and mine came from California....Once my loan details were approved, the car moved. Even that took longer than it should have , but ultimately it all worked out well...

Just remember those days when you waited 6 months for your car to arrive after ordering from a dealer who the charged you for add-ons you didn’t want and constantly tries to sell you servicing contracts, extended warranty etc and finally after a lot of hassle you walk out of the dealership after 6 hours……

Hi everyone - sorry this is happening to you and I am in a similar experience. I found the perfect vehicle after a long search. I proceeded to order it for lease. After running my credit, my rep told me that because my credit score was below an 800 my monthly payments are going to be higher (went up by $13 a month) and the downpayment went up by $13 too (I guess because the first months payment). It didn't make sense because Lucid emailed me my credit score and it was well above 800. But fine - I accepted it after not hearing from Lucid Financial Services in 48 hours.

As soon as I accepted it, in front of my eyes, the screen refreshed after pressing accept and the downpayment was $300+ higher. It even said that it was the offer I accepted which it wasn't! Literally it changed in front of my eyes after pressing accept.

My rep has no idea what to do, and Lucid Financial hasn't responded to this new inquiry either. Can anyone help? My close friend is actually on the Lucid BOD but I do not want to bother them with something so trivial when it's a few hundred dollars. It's just bothering me that this has happened and no one can explain it.

The generic high $$$ offer comes from Bank of America upon credit check and approval. It doesn’t reflect the $500 order deposit paid initially.
The $13 monthly payment could be a net increase due to credit score discrepancies in the Experian model they use. Mine also increased by $5 upon credit approval.
Lucid Sales Rep should work behind the scenes with the finance team to adjust it to the monthly terms and the down payment. That’s how it worked for me. My down payment was effectively reduced by $500 upon delivery.

Had exactly the same experience. They never call/email back despite asking pertinent questions about the order. Had a great deal after submitting credit and I accepted it. You would think that was a binding agreement. They came back and said that they can’t do that deal as I was putting too much $$ down (to back into a good payment).

I had to reapply and credit was run again(also 800+ score). Payment came back higher. No real explanation, but it all worked out given $$ down being less with slightly higher payment.

Took delivery on Sat and just got an email thanking me for my payment today.

Their back office systems clearly need some work as do their account reps need training on proper customer service.

Bottom line is I love the car and am happy with it so far.

Hang in there, it will all work out!!

The generic high $$$ offer comes from Bank of America upon credit check and approval. It doesn’t reflect the $500 order deposit paid initially.
The $13 monthly payment could be a net increase due to credit score discrepancies in the Experian model they use. Mine also increased by $5 upon credit approval.
Lucid Sales Rep should work behind the scenes with the finance team to adjust it to the monthly terms and the down payment. That’s how it worked for me. My down payment was effectively reduced by $500 upon delivery.
That’s super helpful. Do you mind if I ask if you could DM me your reps contact info? My rep has no idea what to do it seems like and it hasn’t worked. Delivery is 48 hours away and they said I need to wire the money today in order to get the car — but the email has all the higher amounts. Lucid financing hasn’t answered either.

Thank you so much in advance.

Back