My order experience

Still no update but they did call me and asked if I wanted to switch from a Tahoe Interior to Santa Cruz and it would still be Quantum Grey. I’d get it this week.

I agreed. Figured why not. Not a fan of white carpets as they get dirty easily but I’ll live.

Still no update but they did call me and asked if I wanted to switch from a Tahoe Interior to Santa Cruz and it would still be Quantum Grey. I’d get it this week.

I agreed. Figured why not. Not a fan of white carpets as they get dirty easily but I’ll live.
Throw in the tuxmats and never look back.

Hi LucidPez. This is all pretty normal. When Lucid says a car is "available now." they really mean it is in the factory in Arizona now already built. My "available now" car took 4 weeks actually to get a hold of it. I was a bit frustrated with the process also. Just be patient. The process is not perfect, but the car is exceptional. It will be worth the wait.

And please just set your head on 4 weeks. Because when the car is "available now" in Arizona, it needs a full inspection in the plant before shipment. Then it takes a bit for a truck to haul it to your local office. Then, the local office takes 3 to 5 days to clean it (full of red clay from Arizona!), inspect it, fix minor issues, and then they will call you for pick up. So be patient.

Hi LucidPez. This is all pretty normal. When Lucid says a car is "available now." they really mean it is in the factory in Arizona now already built. My "available now" car took 4 weeks actually to get a hold of it. I was a bit frustrated with the process also. Just be patient. The process is not perfect, but the car is exceptional. It will be worth the wait.

And please just set your head on 4 weeks. Because when the car is "available now" in Arizona, it needs a full inspection in the plant before shipment. Then it takes a bit for a truck to haul it to your local office. Then, the local office takes 3 to 5 days to clean it (full of red clay from Arizona!), inspect it, fix minor issues, and then they will call you for pick up. So be patient.
That’s good to know. The delivery advisor and salesperson quoted me two weeks along with the site so I think that also led to the confusion.

Either way, sounds like I’m going for this Santa Cruz interior. Unfortunately don’t like the look of all weather and 3rd party mats. Lucid did offer to give the all weather for free.

Gonna get by with some heavy multi coats of Scotchguard and some vacuuming and maintenance

That’s good to know. The delivery advisor and salesperson quoted me two weeks along with the site so I think that also led to the confusion.

Either way, sounds like I’m going for this Santa Cruz interior. Unfortunately don’t like the look of all weather and 3rd party mats. Lucid did offer to give the all weather for free.

Gonna get by with some heavy multi coats of Scotchguard and some vacuuming and maintenance
Interior ceramic coating also works wonders. I've managed to keep my carpets pretty clean, despite the Santa Cruz.

I do use the Lucid all-weather (in ceramic color) during the winter. But those don't cover the carpets completely.

Interior ceramic coating also works wonders. I've managed to keep my carpets pretty clean, despite the Santa Cruz.

I do use the Lucid all-weather (in ceramic color) during the winter. But those don't cover the carpets completely.
Thanks. Yeah thankfully SoCal doesnt get much in terms of weather minus the rain shower here and there.

Was told my car arrived in Costa Mesa (the Santa Cruz interior one not the Tahoe one I originally had). Taking delivery on the Santa Cruz interior. My Scotchguard doesnt arrive until Saturday :X

They said it will be probably Thursday when I could grab it. Maybe Friday. I also have the nicest sales person from Fashion Island who has been helping me when I was having issues with the Delivery Advisor communication. They actually got me the Studio Discount for this one as well. Asked for all the contact info of her superiors to praise her afterwards.

Hi all -
Just wanted to know if anyone has heard about factory shipments on hold as of Friday? Long story but...

I test drove a Lucid Air about a couple weeks ago at Fashion Island in Newport Beach and I'm currently in an Audi e-tron GT. I was then invited to an open house experience at the Costa Mesa studio location earlier this week which took place today (Saturday 1/27). An associate was helping me and we saw a few options of cars they had at the studio. They had one in the studio (AGT Quantum Grey w/ Tahoe Interior) that I was interested in. I put in my $1000 deposit. I am wanting to do a 18 month lease and I used a referral link from a kind member here on these very forums! (@borski specifically as I found his posts helpful!)

They said they would then take my order and assign the VIN to it for the car but it apparently sold as I was doing this process to someone online who paid in cash full. :(

I was frustrated and the sales associate said he should have assigned the VIN or put it on hold earlier when I expressed interest. The only other option was to order from factory and now I was losing the $1000 incentive for studio pickup. The regional director was there and REFUSED to even offer some sympathy and provide the $1000 discount despite me wanting to literally but the one on the lot right there seconds prior. The best they said they would offer was All Weather Mats (I live in SoCal.. not that great of a deal) and the Vehicle to Vehicle charging adapter which I dont really need or care for. Either way, incredibly disappointed.

As I finalize the stuff for the factory delivery, they said it would be 7-10 biz days for the car and credit stuff for the lease to finalize. A bit annoying but I understood... but at the end a delivery advisor comes over and says "Yeah, our goal is 2 weeks but it can be longer because they just put a stop hold on all deliveries out of AZ because of factory work and this began on Friday"

Has anyone heard about this? I'm kind of flabbergasted at how annoying this process was this afternoon. From the lack of help with someone swiping the car from under me to me losing out on a studio pickup rebate to no one mentioning until the VERY end that now it may be longer than 2 weeks as there is a stop on all deliveries out of the AZ factory due to some stoppage on Friday. :\
The test driving was easy— actually amazing but the delivery process, I agree 💯 as I think a lot will, was a pain.
Yours is definitely worse than mine (by miles!) but the one thing that we can all tell you is that the wait, struggles, disappointments, & slight regret will ALL wash away IMMEDIATELY when yours arrives.
Your Lucid will give you a hug when you adjust your seat, and all hardships will be forgotten. Brainwashing? Possibly but I’m down ❤️🤭

Curious to know what else I should do here...

Lucid promised me a free home charger as my delivery experience was incredibly rough. My delivery advisor said I would get a shipping notification the week after I picked up my car. It has been crickets. No tracking or shipping notification.

I emailed my Delivery Advisor 5 days ago and followed up two additional times and I haven't received a response. I even had to call regarding service I needed to perform at Costa Mesa and the Service Advisor said he works with the Delivery Advisor in person so he would shoot him a message regarding my question/concern. Still nothing.

This is exactly what my Delivery Advisor was doing before I got my car regarding updates. In fact, I had to go through my sales person to get updates because my Delivery Advisor just flat out ignored my emails/messages. I even called the 1-800 LUCID number to get help prior to delivery and they said they would send him messages and he STILL never got back to me. They said they couldn't do anything at the time.

Likewise, I know my email isn't blocked by him or there are issues with delivery on my emails as he immediately responded to a registration question 24 hours after I picked up my car via email.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a signed DocuSign from them saying they owe me the charger so they are on record for needing to get this to me.

Lucid promised me a free home charger as my delivery experience was incredibly rough. My delivery advisor said I would get a shipping notification the week after I picked up my car. It has been crickets. No tracking or shipping notification.

I emailed my Delivery Advisor 5 days ago and followed up two additional times and I haven't received a response. I even had to call regarding service I needed to perform at Costa Mesa and the Service Advisor said he works with the Delivery Advisor in person so he would shoot him a message regarding my question/concern. Still nothing.

This is exactly what my Delivery Advisor was doing before I got my car regarding updates. In fact, I had to go through my sales person to get updates because my Delivery Advisor just flat out ignored my emails/messages. I even called the 1-800 LUCID number to get help prior to delivery and they said they would send him messages and he STILL never got back to me. They said they couldn't do anything at the time.

Likewise, I know my email isn't blocked by him or there are issues with delivery on my emails as he immediately responded to a registration question 24 hours after I picked up my car via email.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a signed DocuSign from them saying they owe me the charger so they are on record for needing to get this to me.
Just email the manager of the studio

Just email the manager of the studio
Guess Ill have to work through the service team for this as no one from sales in the studio like my DA never respond. Nor do call-ins work as it goes straight to VM without any response.

Go to Costa Mesa and show em. 😁. Get that charger!!!🔌

Just happy I have it. I will say i still never received a response from the Delivery Advisor so I've just given up hope talking to him through ownership of the vehicle. :\

I don't live in a home I can install this home charger in so will probably sell it here.

Just happy I have it. I will say i still never received a response from the Delivery Advisor so I've just given up hope talking to him through ownership of the vehicle. :\

I don't live in a home I can install this home charger in so will probably sell it here.
Our delivery advisor was awesome before we made our deposit. Once they got our money, we couldn’t even get ahold of her to figure out where, time or who we pick it up from. We had to call the guy we test drove it with. 😂
Meh… they got their hands full. I’m just glad I got my Luci on the day we were told we would. ❤️

Our delivery advisor was awesome before we made our deposit. Once they got our money, we couldn’t even get ahold of her to figure out where, time or who we pick it up from. We had to call the guy we test drove it with. 😂
Meh… they got their hands full. I’m just glad I got my Luci on the day we were told we would. ❤️
Oh my gosh. That is EXACTLY how I had to handle mine. I texted and called the person I test drove with as opposed to the delivery advisor because they were MIA.

Oh my gosh. That is EXACTLY how I had to handle mine. I texted and called the person I test drove with as opposed to the delivery advisor because they were MIA.
Are you in SoCal?

Back