My order experience

LucidPez

Verified Owner
Cars
'23 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
QRLDUSC5
Hi all -
Just wanted to know if anyone has heard about factory shipments on hold as of Friday? Long story but...

I test drove a Lucid Air about a couple weeks ago at Fashion Island in Newport Beach and I'm currently in an Audi e-tron GT. I was then invited to an open house experience at the Costa Mesa studio location earlier this week which took place today (Saturday 1/27). An associate was helping me and we saw a few options of cars they had at the studio. They had one in the studio (AGT Quantum Grey w/ Tahoe Interior) that I was interested in. I put in my $1000 deposit. I am wanting to do a 18 month lease and I used a referral link from a kind member here on these very forums! (@borski specifically as I found his posts helpful!)

They said they would then take my order and assign the VIN to it for the car but it apparently sold as I was doing this process to someone online who paid in cash full. :(

I was frustrated and the sales associate said he should have assigned the VIN or put it on hold earlier when I expressed interest. The only other option was to order from factory and now I was losing the $1000 incentive for studio pickup. The regional director was there and REFUSED to even offer some sympathy and provide the $1000 discount despite me wanting to literally but the one on the lot right there seconds prior. The best they said they would offer was All Weather Mats (I live in SoCal.. not that great of a deal) and the Vehicle to Vehicle charging adapter which I dont really need or care for. Either way, incredibly disappointed.

As I finalize the stuff for the factory delivery, they said it would be 7-10 biz days for the car and credit stuff for the lease to finalize. A bit annoying but I understood... but at the end a delivery advisor comes over and says "Yeah, our goal is 2 weeks but it can be longer because they just put a stop hold on all deliveries out of AZ because of factory work and this began on Friday"

Has anyone heard about this? I'm kind of flabbergasted at how annoying this process was this afternoon. From the lack of help with someone swiping the car from under me to me losing out on a studio pickup rebate to no one mentioning until the VERY end that now it may be longer than 2 weeks as there is a stop on all deliveries out of the AZ factory due to some stoppage on Friday. :\

Definitely painful. I’m not sure why they would block deliveries especially when Lucid is low on their delivery numbers. Paging @mcr16 for assistance and sort this out.

Dont loose patience. You will come here and say that you have “one of a kind” vehicle. Just have patience and this too shall pass

There were a lot of special events at the factory this last week; ribbon cutting on the expansion, government officials, supplier day, family day and Owners rally. These events may have created a week delay but I have not heard of anything more than that.

It is a great car, well worth the wait. Many owners find the ownership experience is better than the buying experience.

Hi all -
Just wanted to know if anyone has heard about factory shipments on hold as of Friday? Long story but...

I test drove a Lucid Air about a couple weeks ago at Fashion Island in Newport Beach and I'm currently in an Audi e-tron GT. I was then invited to an open house experience at the Costa Mesa studio location earlier this week which took place today (Saturday 1/27). An associate was helping me and we saw a few options of cars they had at the studio. They had one in the studio (AGT Quantum Grey w/ Tahoe Interior) that I was interested in. I put in my $1000 deposit. I am wanting to do a 18 month lease and I used a referral link from a kind member here on these very forums! (@borski specifically as I found his posts helpful!)

They said they would then take my order and assign the VIN to it for the car but it apparently sold as I was doing this process to someone online who paid in cash full. :(

I was frustrated and the sales associate said he should have assigned the VIN or put it on hold earlier when I expressed interest. The only other option was to order from factory and now I was losing the $1000 incentive for studio pickup. The regional director was there and REFUSED to even offer some sympathy and provide the $1000 discount despite me wanting to literally but the one on the lot right there seconds prior. The best they said they would offer was All Weather Mats (I live in SoCal.. not that great of a deal) and the Vehicle to Vehicle charging adapter which I dont really need or care for. Either way, incredibly disappointed.

As I finalize the stuff for the factory delivery, they said it would be 7-10 biz days for the car and credit stuff for the lease to finalize. A bit annoying but I understood... but at the end a delivery advisor comes over and says "Yeah, our goal is 2 weeks but it can be longer because they just put a stop hold on all deliveries out of AZ because of factory work and this began on Friday"

Has anyone heard about this? I'm kind of flabbergasted at how annoying this process was this afternoon. From the lack of help with someone swiping the car from under me to me losing out on a studio pickup rebate to no one mentioning until the VERY end that now it may be longer than 2 weeks as there is a stop on all deliveries out of the AZ factory due to some stoppage on Friday. :\
Worth the wait, I’m actually looking into a 2nd Lucid for my wife, we love the car that much.

Thanks all. Yeah I wasnt sure why they would stop deliveries but my delivery advisor mentioned they sent out the notice on Friday that all shipments were on hold until further notice due to the factory stuff but from what I saw in the press release items it was all just PR stuff and less work being done at this very second.

Hi all -

Many of us waited literally years to receive our cars, so the fact that delays can now be measured in weeks just goes to show you how far they have come. Heck, my wife waited longer for a Stanley Cup! Once you drive away in it you won't even remember that you were frustrated.

Many of us waited literally years to receive our cars, so the fact that delays can now be measured in weeks just goes to show you how far they have come. Heck, my wife waited longer for a Stanley Cup! Once you drive away in it you won't even remember that you were frustrated.
I ordered my last BMW and it took a couple of months from the initial date I ordered the car to its manufacture, shipping and arriving at my dealership. Much of the world uses the ordering system; US customers have gotten used to the instant satisfaction of walking into a dealership and driving away with a new car (even if it is missing some features you would have preferred to option and contained some "features" you wish were omitted).

While I prefer the ordering system, there are circumstances when one needs the instantaneous system (relatively speaking). For example, if one's car is totaled.

So an update here to the clown fiesta.

I noticed on the site that they had two Lucid's in specs I wanted as "AVAILABLE NOW" at Torrance and Costa Mesa studios. I reach out and ask if they were available. They mentioned the Torrance one wasnt and needed to be pulled. I asked about the Costa Mesa one and they told me its actually still at the factory. I asked if whenever it arrives, if I could get the studio pickup credit as it literally says 'Available Now' 'Pickup in Costa Mesa' and he said 'No' and claimed its a glitch in the system. What the hell? lol

1706648221381.png

Hi all -

If this is your first time buying a car directly from the manufacturer, it can seem annoying. This is especially true if you are used to walking into a dealer, selecting a vehicle, doing the deal right then and there, and either taking the vehicle with you or picking it up in a day or two. For me, I test-drove the car on December 23rd, placed an order on December 29th, had the lease approved around January 5th and picked up the car, which was shipped from the factory to the Torrance Studio, on January 13th. My prior EV was a 2023 Genesis GV-60, purchased in June 2022. That purchase process was much more convoluted and annoying.

If this is your first time buying a car directly from the manufacturer, it can seem annoying. This is especially true if you are used to walking into a dealer, selecting a vehicle, doing the deal right then and there, and either taking the vehicle with you or picking it up in a day or two. For me, I test-drove the car on December 23rd, placed an order on December 29th, had the lease approved around January 5th and picked up the car, which was shipped from the factory to the Torrance Studio, on January 13th. My prior EV was a 2023 Genesis GV-60, purchased in June 2022. That purchase process was much more convoluted and annoying.
Did you get a studio pickup discount? ($1000 off)

I also owned a GV60 and bought that back in October 2022. I will say that process was seamless. I called Cerritos dealership at 1pm, I was there by 5pm. I drove off at 7pm with my GV60.

Did you get a studio pickup discount? ($1000 off)

I also owned a GV60 and bought that back in October 2022. I will say that process was seamless. I called Cerritos dealership at 1pm, I was there by 5pm. I drove off at 7pm with my GV60.
Yes, and the competitive conquest discount too. As for Genesis, things had calmed down by October 2022. In early 2022, the market for the GV-60, the IONIQ 5, and the EV-6 were all crazy.

Okay thats so weird how they are claiming I can't have studio discount at all despite me wanting to pickup at Costa Mesa/Torrance and ordering online. What the hell Lucid?

Yes, and the competitive conquest discount too. As for Genesis, things had calmed down by October 2022. In early 2022, the market for the GV-60, the IONIQ 5, and the EV-6 were all crazy.
I just reached out to Lucid. Anyway you can private message me your name or order number? They said they would just match it if your scenario is true (for my studio discount). Sorry. But would be a massive help from one former GV60 owner to another <3

Just an update on this... Got BofA to approve everything. I called yesterday to get an ETA on my delivery because I need to rent a car. My DA never responded... I called Lucid and they said that he would contact me back yesterday, but he didnt.

I reach out today via email again, no response. So I call Lucid and the person on the phone said they reached out to him and he said he would call me back.. So we will see if we hear back or not. I was told I would be in the loop on regular updates and nothing of that has happened.

My salesperson though from the showroom in the Mall that I didn't even order through has been super responsive (I saw her 2 weeks before I went to the studio for the open house) so I find that pretty great at least.

Costa Mesa, CA Deliver Advisors = Not a great experience so far unfortunately. The reason I'm needing a date or something is because I'm trying to rent a car. I am carless as of yesterday as I sold my prior vehicle. Rental rates fluctuate heavily on reservation length and if I need to extend, that will also jack up rates so I just need something kinda close but I cant even get that.

^ You couldn't get Lucid to give you a extended loaner/pre-drive vehicle to have in the meantime?

I asked about this when they said they admitted fault for not putting the VIN on hold when I showed interest to the first GT I looked at that got swiped from under me as I put in my deposit.

They declined to do so which was also kinda crazy because this isn’t a standard BMW 3 series purchase or something… it’s quite a bit more. Thought they would do more for their clientele

I asked about this when they said they admitted fault for not putting the VIN on hold when I showed interest to the first GT I looked at that got swiped from under me as I put in my deposit.

They declined to do so which was also kinda crazy because this isn’t a standard BMW 3 series purchase or something… it’s quite a bit more. Thought they would do more for their clientele
They do a lot for their clientele. Many of us have experienced that. Please don’t make sweeping generalizations about “their clientele“ based on your singular experience. It sounds like you’ve gone through some irritation with the initial purchase of the vehicle. I get that. i’m sure it will get resolved. I picked up my car at Costa Mesa… the process was absolutely seamless and the folks there were extremely helpful.

They do a lot for their clientele. Many of us have experienced that. Please don’t make sweeping generalizations about “their clientele“ based on your singular experience. It sounds like you’ve gone through some irritation with the initial purchase of the vehicle. I get that. i’m sure it will get resolved. I picked up my car at Costa Mesa… the process was absolutely seamless and the folks there were extremely helpful.
Thats good you had a good experience.

And I'm posting mine and my experience and my assumptions of how I would think they would be more helpful with clientele such as myself in this situation. Glad to hear you had that experience and others have. Will remain hopeful but right now the experience has been worse than my Genesis and my Audi purchase for my GV60/e-tron GT.

DA got back to me and said they still had no ETA. Not sure if the 'Available in Two Weeks' is actually true on the site for ordering 🤔

I put my order in last Saturday so not having an ETA with 1 week left is a bummer especially for my rental situation. Hope I get some update soon. 🤞

Back