Delivery experiences

1Lucid1

Just received my Lucid AT yesterday. While the car is great, I am not impressed by the delivery experience. I purchased at Tysons Corner Center, Virginia
Here some of the issues:
- slow response time from customer service reps, needed to re-sent emails, then call when no response even on urgent matters, had to cc supervisor etc. just to get basic stuff figured out and done.
- I bought an additional set of wheels, 19' AS, and had them installed prior to delivery. And sure enough, the delivery folks forgot to load the 20' summer tire wheels that came with the car on the transporter that brought car to us. It appears that coordination between departments (sales, service etc.) is not great.
- Car came washed but not detailed. Even the delivery guys (non Lucid) where shocked. The dust from California was still in all the crooks and crannies. One panel had dirt trapped under clear coat. Anyone doing Quality Assurance on these cars before delivery? Now they want me to spend a day, driving 4h, to fix the problems they could have fixed at the source.
- And besides lip service, no meaningful apologies or concessions. They are nice on the phone, but that's about it in terms of customer care. They didn't even give my son a Lucid hat or water bottle when it was gently suggested that they screw up timing on delivery day requiring our family to change schedule, making our son quite unhappy, but this little gift may go a long way. They said they would do it, but didn't.

Service failure after service failure, and I am running out of patience with Lucid, the company.

Did you have these problems? How did you get to provide at least passable if not excellent service?

Just received my Lucid AT yesterday. While the car is great, I am not impressed by the delivery experience. I purchased at Tysons Corner Center, Virginia
Here some of the issues:
- slow response time from customer service reps, needed to re-sent emails, then call when no response even on urgent matters, had to cc supervisor etc. just to get basic stuff figured out and done.
- I bought an additional set of wheels, 19' AS, and had them installed prior to delivery. And sure enough, the delivery folks forgot to load the 20' summer tire wheels that came with the car on the transporter that brought car to us. It appears that coordination between departments (sales, service etc.) is not great.
- Car came washed but not detailed. Even the delivery guys (non Lucid) where shocked. The dust from California was still in all the crooks and crannies. One panel had dirt trapped under clear coat. Anyone doing Quality Assurance on these cars before delivery? Now they want me to spend a day, driving 4h, to fix the problems they could have fixed at the source.
- And besides lip service, no meaningful apologies or concessions. They are nice on the phone, but that's about it in terms of customer care. They didn't even give my son a Lucid hat or water bottle when it was gently suggested that they screw up timing on delivery day requiring our family to change schedule, making our son quite unhappy, but this little gift may go a long way. They said they would do it, but didn't.

Service failure after service failure, and I am running out of patience with Lucid, the company.

Did you have these problems? How did you get to provide at least passable if not excellent service?
Car is phenomenal to drive. Agree, your delivery experience wasn’t great, but after a few days of driving , all will be forgiven. It wasn’t voted luxury car of the year for no reason. On the flip side, after sales service is phenomenal just like the car.

Here some of the issues:

Never heard of a Lucid sales experience this bad.. it is usually EXEMPLARY! I hope Lucid can fix this… what service center/studio was it?

Never heard of a Lucid sales experience this bad.. it is usually EXEMPLARY! I hope Lucid can fix this… what service center/studio was it?
Tyson Square Center (near DC), Virginia. Maybe they understaffed and overwhelmed. But it also seems their processes are not connected and lacking communication between departments

Its okay my sales experience has been rough as well. The in-studio sales experience appears to be way worse than the just flat out online ordering experience.

Here some of the issues:

Was Alina your delivery advisor by chance? She cut her teeth at Tesla and has been unable to shake the awful Tesa customer service they are known for these days.

I had a similarly underwhelming delivery experience that was incredibly rushed and late.

For my one service experience due to a damaged wheel, it was also equally painful to reach their service folks by phone and get useful information.

When I finally went in-person, the manager, Alfred, is actually very nice and they shared they were very understaffed on the service side and could not keep up. That said, Alfred and Graham were great. Not so much so far for the others.

They got rid of about 1200 employees about this time last year. I don’t know where the cuts were made but it wouldn’t surprise me if they had made cuts in delivery and customer service personnel. I’m sure customer service pre and post sale have suffered as a result. It’s a shame, coming from a luxury marque like Lucid.

My delivery day almost eighteen months ago was exceptional, sullied only by one very grumpy boyfriend who had not approved of my Lucid purchase from the very beginning. God, I should have left his fulminating ass at home.

Oh, I should add that Lucid arranged for a Lyft to pick me up from my house, and drive me 109 miles (free of charge), to the nearest service centre, where my brand new GT would be waiting for me.

Anyway, the car was immaculate, gleaming under the studio lights, right after the black drape concealing it was swept off like a magician’s cloak. My delivery advisor, Mark, got me acquainted with the car, signed me into Lucid and set up my profile, took pictures with me, and made sure I was completely comfortable in the car before letting me drive away. For swag I got two baseball hats, a water bottle, and a screen wiping cloth. Every attention was given me as befitting an individual who just signed on the dotted line for a $150K car OTD. I loved it.

I’m really sorry your delivery experience was not as positive as mine. I very much hope that after sales service and the experience of driving the car will go a long way to diminishing such an unsatisfactory first impresssion.

Last edited:
They got rid of about 1200 employees about this time last year. I don’t know where the cuts were made but it wouldn’t surprise me if they had made cuts in delivery and customer service personnel. I’m sure customer service pre and post sale have suffered as a result. It’s a shame, coming from a luxury marque like Lucid.

My delivery day almost eighteen months ago was exceptional, sullied only by one very grumpy boyfriend who had not approved of my Lucid purchase from the very beginning. God, I should have left his fulminating ass at home.

Oh, I should add that Lucid arranged for a Lyft to pick me up from my house, and drive me 109 miles (free of charge), to the nearest service centre, where my brand new GT would be waiting for me.

Anyway, the car was immaculate, gleaming under the studio lights, right after the black drape concealing it was swept off like a magician’s cloak. My delivery advisor, Mark, got me acquainted with the car, signed me into Lucid and set up my profile, took pictures with me, and made sure I was completely comfortable in the car before letting me drive away. For swag I got two baseball hats, a water bottle, and a screen wiping cloth. Every attention was given me as befitting an individual who just signed on the dotted line for a $150K car OTD. I loved it.

I’m really sorry your delivery experience was not as positive as mine. I very much hope that after sales service and the experience of driving the car will go a long way to diminishing such an unsatisfactory first impresssion.
Fulminating? 🤣

Thanks for the awesome checklist. Pretty detailed. Had model S which had to be totaled after 8 years. Was in great shape. Didn’t like the new one which looks pretty mainstream and I had my eye on Lucid from the day I had seen the reveal years ago. So Booked Lucid GT (for my wife) and it is getting delivered in 2 days. So this checklist is god send for me. My experience of test driving the car, getting info, financing etc has been excellent but as with any new company trying to get their stuff going, I can understand the few glitches and gaps we experienced along the way. Tesla experience has been very rudimentary with info provided and trying to make a deal. At Lucid both sales and DA are very courteous and helpful in every way I could think of. So far I am pretty happy and will surely update how my delivery goes. Ohh.. btw instead of door delivery they are making us both fly to Houston to pick up the car. I wasn’t expecting that. Looking forward for the experience and will update soon.

My car was delivered to Raleigh from the Tysons location on Saturday evening. I had a similar experience. I’d read through a lot of the posts on this forum and thought I’d managed my expectations around ordering / delivery but I still ended up being a bit underwhelmed.

It was dark and raining when I took delivery so I couldn’t examine everything thoroughly. On Sunday morning, I noticed something shiny on the passenger seat (in the crack for the thigh extension). It was a razor blade. Luckily, the sharp side was pointed down and I discovered before anyone sat down.

I understand mistakes happen but it’s still a concerning oversight. I e-mailed my delivery advisor about it. Someone called Sunday afternoon to apologize and let me know the general manager of the Tyson’s location would call me on Tuesday to discuss further. I’m still waiting on that call.

The car is great though. I’m sure I’ll forget about the delivery experience soon enough.

Update .. got our GT on Wednesday. Lucid flew us to pickup the car as there is no service center in Indiana. The DA in California was in close touch with me and local folks in the delivery center were very pleasant and made us feel premium. Very patient and quite detailed oriented Walk through. Overall very good experience. and we started driving back the same day. Range in the car made it very easy for us to get back. Electrify america chargin experience was not without glitches but not something out of the world. Speed of charge is amazing compared to our 2015 model S. 20 mins would put back in excess of 200 miles of range. Music system at first felt like it was not calibrated properly. But as we started driving i noticed that I could hear every little note in the music even when we were moving at 80+ mph :). It was worth the purchase and switch from Tesla.

Update .. got our GT on Wednesday. Lucid flew us to pickup the car as there is no service center in Indiana. The DA in California was in close touch with me and local folks in the delivery center were very pleasant and made us feel premium. Very patient and quite detailed oriented Walk through. Overall very good experience. and we started driving back the same day. Range in the car made it very easy for us to get back. Electrify america chargin experience was not without glitches but not something out of the world. Speed of charge is amazing compared to our 2015 model S. 20 mins would put back in excess of 200 miles of range. Music system at first felt like it was not calibrated properly. But as we started driving i noticed that I could hear every little note in the music even when we were moving at 80+ mph :). It was worth the purchase and switch from Tesla.
Welcome to the Lucid Owners Club!

I’ve seen more poor delivery experiences than exemplary ones here. Mine also wasn’t great. Like OP mentioned, Delivery Advisor was super slow at follow ups, complete lack of knowledge about the incentives and lease terms, had attitude when I wanted to look over the car at pickup, sure enough found the frunk was busted at delivery, didn’t know the car well enough to explain the features, (apparently hasn’t done delivery pickups in a while and no one else was there to do it so he was “forced” to do it lol… but it is what it is. I don’t buy cars from legacy dealerships expecting great sales experience either.

I will say the sales advisors in my local studio were pretty good. Happy to go out for test drives, talk and chat about random stuff, etc…

Wow, I knew they sent a Lyft to bring you to the service center to pick up your car, but I didn't know they flew you in!
My delivery experience was wonderful. I picked it up on my birthday last year, and had a birthday card and cupcakes waiting for me in addition to the car. It probably really depends on the service center and your DA. Hewitt was great!

Here some of the issues:

Similar experience in December from the Short Hills location in NJ. Car was not detailed, a lot dust stuck in places. Even some delivery items still attached to the car that needed removing after I spotted them. Delivery advisor not very responsive and went AWOL as soon as I left the parking lot. No coordination between them and service thereafter to remedy list of faults. Biggest complaint upon delivery was that the car was not charged. I had to wait over an hour in the parking for the car to receive enough charge to get me to my home.

I've posted about this in my 'initial impressions" piece, but the the tracking / wheel shudder has still not been resolved over one month and 2k miles into the owner experience. Car is horrible and uncomfortable to drive, and I'd rather take my kid's Subaru which is far more comfortable to drive. Service has been somewhat responsive but I have to chase on a weekly basis to find out what's going on. Hopefully will be resolved soon with four new wheels, but who knows when...

I’ve seen more poor delivery experiences than exemplary ones here. Mine also wasn’t great. Like OP mentioned, Delivery Advisor was super slow at follow ups, complete lack of knowledge about the incentives and lease terms, had attitude when I wanted to look over the car at pickup, sure enough found the frunk was busted at delivery, didn’t know the car well enough to explain the features, (apparently hasn’t done delivery pickups in a while and no one else was there to do it so he was “forced” to do it lol… but it is what it is. I don’t buy cars from legacy dealerships expecting great sales experience either.

I will say the sales advisors in my local studio were pretty good. Happy to go out for test drives, talk and chat about random stuff, etc…
Most delivery experiences are overwhelmingly positive, but people don’t post about them on the forum because they’re happy driving their cars. This forum (like most) skews negative on average, because people tend to want to commiserate when they have a bad experience, and human nature is less likely to shout about positive experiences from the rooftops.

I've posted about this in my 'initial impressions" piece, but the the tracking / wheel shudder has still not been resolved over one month and 2k miles into the owner experience.
What has service said? That sounds like a simple alignment issue.

Most delivery experiences are overwhelmingly positive, but people don’t post about them on the forum because they’re happy driving their cars. This forum (like most) skews negative on average, because people tend to want to commiserate when they have a bad experience, and human nature is less likely to shout about positive experiences from the rooftops.

Agree. Unfortunately we tend to remember more on what didn’t happen as that’s what causes us pain. Are they perfect? No. Can they improve - of course. It’s only a matter of time. I am absolutely loving the car, how it drives and the plush feel.

Similar experience in December from the Short Hills location in NJ. Car was not detailed, a lot dust stuck in places. Even some delivery items still attached to the car that needed removing after I spotted them. Delivery advisor not very responsive and went AWOL as soon as I left the parking lot. No coordination between them and service thereafter to remedy list of faults. Biggest complaint upon delivery was that the car was not charged. I had to wait over an hour in the parking for the car to receive enough charge to get me to my home.

I've posted about this in my 'initial impressions" piece, but the the tracking / wheel shudder has still not been resolved over one month and 2k miles into the owner experience. Car is horrible and uncomfortable to drive, and I'd rather take my kid's Subaru which is far more comfortable to drive. Service has been somewhat responsive but I have to chase on a weekly basis to find out what's going on. Hopefully will be resolved soon with four new wheels, but who knows when...
They replaced 3 out of 4 tires on mine for being out of round and unable to be balanced. The shudder was very minor and tbh I never would've picked it up if there weren't frequent balance issues reported here (at least previously) - probably from weight of the car sitting in the hot desert.

Service replaced all four tires today. Dead spots from car sitting in the desert in that heat, combined with the very hot asphalt they were sitting on. Feel like as this is such a common issue it should have been checked in pre-delivery. On the plus side, service let me keep the old tires for emergencies as they only had 2k miles on them.

Service replaced all four tires today. Dead spots from car sitting in the desert in that heat, combined with the very hot asphalt they were sitting on. Feel like as this is such a common issue it should have been checked in pre-delivery. On the plus side, service let me keep the old tires for emergencies as they only had 2k miles on them.
Unfortunate that predelivery didn't pick this up BUT very few companies would have let you keep the replaced part. Good for Lucid.

Back