Delivery experiences

Most delivery experiences are overwhelmingly positive, but people don’t post about them on the forum because they’re happy driving their cars. This forum (like most) skews negative on average, because people tend to want to commiserate when they have a bad experience, and human nature is less likely to shout about positive experiences from the rooftops.

What has service said? That sounds like a simple alignment issue.

@borski The hope is that Lucid does something about it. Looks like there are employees and areas where things are working as they should. In other areas (eg, Tyson Center, VA) they need to step up their game. Employees may need more resources, are overworked - or just not well managed. Tyson seems to be run by ex-Tesla - and I have been repeatedly disappointed by pre-sales, post-sales and service. Almost the entire crew. How can we help Lucid change that for everyone's benefit?

@borski The hope is that Lucid does something about it. Looks like there are employees and areas where things are working as they should. In other areas (eg, Tyson Center, VA) they need to step up their game. Employees may need more resources, are overworked - or just not well managed. Tyson seems to be run by ex-Tesla - and I have been repeatedly disappointed by pre-sales, post-sales and service. Almost the entire crew. How can we help Lucid change that for everyone's benefit?
Unfortunately, that is true for all car companies. Good management is critical and I don't mean a top down hierarchical system. I mean a system that energies employees to help customers and that starts with motivating the staff. Lucid is better positioned to fix this than most car companies since it controls its own distribution network. Genesis, for example, has been struggling with bad dealerships hurting the brand.

For most car companies, complaining on a forum does little. But here, at least, there is a Lucid employee monitoring the forum and hopefully giving feedback to corporate on good and bad sales and service centers. I am not aware of any other car forum that has an admitted employee monitoring the forum.

Unfortunately, that is true for all car companies. Good management is critical and I don't mean a top down hierarchical system. I mean a system that energies employees to help customers and that starts with motivating the staff. Lucid is better positioned to fix this than most car companies since it controls its own distribution network. Genesis, for example, has been struggling with bad dealerships hurting the brand.

For most car companies, complaining on a forum does little. But here, at least, there is a Lucid employee monitoring the forum and hopefully giving feedback to corporate on good and bad sales and service centers. I am not aware of any other car forum that has an admitted employee monitoring the forum.
Rivian has admitted employees and execs monitoring forum and reddit and also doing Q&A sessions, providing roadmap updates, taking direct DM feedback and working back and forth with owners. For a company like Lucid that sells such a few number of cars and relying on existing customer ambassadors, they need to go above and beyond from an experience perspective, kind of like mclaren does... Of course at Teslas scale, it doesn't matter anymore, you're just a number...f existing owners lol.

Rivian has admitted employees and execs monitoring forum and reddit and also doing Q&A sessions, providing roadmap updates, taking direct DM feedback and working back and forth with owners. For a company like Lucid that sells such a few number of cars and relying on existing customer ambassadors, they need to go above and beyond from an experience perspective, kind of like mclaren does... Of course at Teslas scale, it doesn't matter anymore, you're just a number...f existing owners lol.
Am I just missing something or has Lucid done all of those things you described from Rivian and more? Teslas earlier service was very good up to about 2017 or so, I hope Lucid keeps their current level of engagement in the future!

Am I just missing something or has Lucid done all of those things you described from Rivian and more?
yea you're probably missing something. I've never seen lucid do a forum/reddit Q&A or provide roadmap updates.

But anyway, point was that Lucid isn't the only one that has employees on forums. I think it's pretty standard these days to have customer engagement teams doing all sorts of outreach

yea you're probably missing something. I've never seen lucid do a forum/reddit Q&A or provide roadmap updates.

But anyway, point was that Lucid isn't the only one that has employees on forums. I think it's pretty standard these days to have customer engagement teams doing all sorts of outreach
Derek Jenkins did an AMA

I want to see more Lucid interest in their customers. More engagement, more opportunities, and showing (not just saying) that they care and appreciate us.

I am expecting to take delivery at my home of a '23 air GT in a couple of weeks.
Has anyone compiled a checklist of things to check on the car when it is delivered?
what should I expect?
do you think that I would be offered some swag that people who take delivery at the studios get?

I am expecting to take delivery at my home of a '23 air GT in a couple of weeks.
Has anyone compiled a checklist of things to check on the car when it is delivered?
what should I expect?
do you think that I would be offered some swag that people who take delivery at the studios get?
About to take delivery of your new Air? Check these items first! | Lucid Owners - Lucid Motors Forum

Here you go ^^

In terms of swag...it depends on your delivery advisor. Some people got free floor mats, free chargers, etc...i specifically told my DA that I was concerned about the light color of the floor mats, and he was like cool...you can buy some for $250 from our store...lol. If you don't get offered something, it wouldn't hurt to ask

About to take delivery of your new Air? Check these items first! | Lucid Owners - Lucid Motors Forum

Here you go ^^

In terms of swag...it depends on your delivery advisor. Some people got free floor mats, free chargers, etc...i specifically told my DA that I was concerned about the light color of the floor mats, and he was like cool...you can buy some for $250 from our store...lol. If you don't get offered something, it wouldn't hurt to ask
I asked for a water bottle or a hat for my 9 year old son after a major service failure during purchasing that affected him. While sales/delivery advisor said that'd be a good idea, he didn't even do it and never offered or responded to email in which I called him out on it in a friendly way. That's the sad state of affairs.
Bought the floor mats, and the hat, myself then.

In other areas (eg, Tyson Center, VA) they need to step up their game. Employees may need more resources, are overworked - or just not well managed. Tyson seems to be run by ex-Tesla - and I have been repeatedly disappointed by pre-sales, post-sales and service. Almost the entire crew. How can we help Lucid change that for everyone's benefit?
Just want to say my experience with the Tysons SC has been a mixed bag, but is overall positive and getting better. At no point have I felt like they don't care and aren't working hard, to be clear. I think there is just some missing communication and education.

Positive:
- Their service techs have been fantastic, above and beyond every time. I showed up for their Gravity unveiling event and while there asked to schedule a quick service job, assuming I'd come back in a few days. No rush. Darwin just ran out to my car and did it on the spot. And then filled my wiper fluid as well. Kurt was on top of communication for my most recent service visit, I was out of town and we got everything sorted out over text. I was completely in the loop, not wondering if they'd even get to my car before I came back like I have with certain other shops. I also had an issue with one of the door seals I forgot to mention. Went to point it out when I picked up the car and couldn't find it. They didn't even mention it, it was just fixed.
- My delivery experience was attentive and efficient. The DA spotted an inconsequential problem I didn't even notice, and even as I was shrugging, he ran off to get it fixed on the spot. The car was spotless, no Arizona dirt to be found.

Less positive:
- I've heard some downright incorrect information about the car from folks in sales. I absolutely do not attribute this to scummy sales practices - what it very clearly is, from talking to them, is that as you mentioned some of them come from Tesla. They give the Tesla answer, thinking surely Lucid is the same. Like with the mileage remaining estimate being based on your actual driving vs the EPA number. I don't blame them, I would've assumed it's based on real driving too. They just don't know.
- More often than not I call them for updates on things they know I'm waiting for. Not the other way around. This honestly seems like a case of poor note-taking or something, I'm really not sure. They clearly don't forget about me - folks there recognize me and know what I'm in for whenever I walk in the door. I think they just don't have a system in front of them reminding them to call us back.

Anyway, I think Lucid is happy to take feedback and learn from mistakes. Sure, some things are not perfect right now, but these things are oversight, not malice. Do point them out, do raise to management. Not to get anyone in trouble, but to fix (or define) the processes for everyone else, and for you when you go back next time.

Just want to say my experience with the Tysons SC has been a mixed bag, but is overall positive and getting better. At no point have I felt like they don't care and aren't working hard, to be clear. I think there is just some missing communication and education.

Positive:
- Their service techs have been fantastic, above and beyond every time. I showed up for their Gravity unveiling event and while there asked to schedule a quick service job, assuming I'd come back in a few days. No rush. Darwin just ran out to my car and did it on the spot. And then filled my wiper fluid as well. Kurt was on top of communication for my most recent service visit, I was out of town and we got everything sorted out over text. I was completely in the loop, not wondering if they'd even get to my car before I came back like I have with certain other shops. I also had an issue with one of the door seals I forgot to mention. Went to point it out when I picked up the car and couldn't find it. They didn't even mention it, it was just fixed.
- My delivery experience was attentive and efficient. The DA spotted an inconsequential problem I didn't even notice, and even as I was shrugging, he ran off to get it fixed on the spot. The car was spotless, no Arizona dirt to be found.

Less positive:
- I've heard some downright incorrect information about the car from folks in sales. I absolutely do not attribute this to scummy sales practices - what it very clearly is, from talking to them, is that as you mentioned some of them come from Tesla. They give the Tesla answer, thinking surely Lucid is the same. Like with the mileage remaining estimate being based on your actual driving vs the EPA number. I don't blame them, I would've assumed it's based on real driving too. They just don't know.
- More often than not I call them for updates on things they know I'm waiting for. Not the other way around. This honestly seems like a case of poor note-taking or something, I'm really not sure. They clearly don't forget about me - folks there recognize me and know what I'm in for whenever I walk in the door. I think they just don't have a system in front of them reminding them to call us back.

Anyway, I think Lucid is happy to take feedback and learn from mistakes. Sure, some things are not perfect right now, but these things are oversight, not malice. Do point them out, do raise to management. Not to get anyone in trouble, but to fix (or define) the processes for everyone else, and for you when you go back next time.
I like your well-balanced and considerate perspective.
Can you answer: Who is management?
I once called (when I had enough) and the person couldn't even tell or connect me to a general/location manager. There is Andrew in sales, and Alina in Service as the "highest ranking" I have talked to.

I like your well-balanced and considerate perspective.
Can you answer: Who is management?
I once called (when I had enough) and the person couldn't even tell or connect me to a general/location manager. There is Andrew in sales, and Alina in Service as the "highest ranking" I have talked to.
I think I've spoken to a site manager, but I'm afraid I don't remember his name. Honestly, send customer care an email. They are on top of things and will forward feedback wherever it needs to go.

I want to see more Lucid interest in their customers. More engagement, more opportunities, and showing (not just saying) that they care and appreciate us.
Factory tour was a good start, wouldn’t you say?

Positive:

Less positive:

In my experience, there no single manufacturer, who’s sales person knows more about the car than a well informed buyer who did his/her research. I’ve bought a dozen cars, not one single salesman knew more about the car and specs than me. This includes many luxury marques. I wouldn’t dish Lucid too much on this. That’s why I do my own research instead of relying on what a sales person knows.

In my experience, there no single manufacturer, who’s sales person knows more about the car than a well informed buyer who did his/her research. I’ve bought a dozen cars, not one single salesman knew more about the car and specs than me. This includes many luxury marques. I wouldn’t dish Lucid too much on this. That’s why I do my own research instead of relying on what a sales person knows.
Fair. Not saying every Lucid salesperson needs to be as much of a Lucid nerd as we are here, but it's always good to say "I don't know, let me ask" rather than guessing and misleading a potential customer. It would be great if the salespeople actually drove Lucids enough to have personal experience, but that's asking a lot.

+1.

Most EV manufacturers offer 2 to 3 year free charging which is important. I hope they consider bringing this back in some form. It is a major incentive that has been dropped for some reason.

Most EV manufacturers offer 2 to 3 year free charging which is important. I hope they consider bringing this back in some form. It is a major incentive that has been dropped for some reason.
I disagree, but that's just me. I don't believe at this price point people are deciding on this car vs another because of the free charging...

Free charging leads to people abusing the system and hogging chargers from people who actually need them. I hope everyone gets rid of free charging, which I think they are. Almost No one offers 3 years anymore. Even Porsche dropped to 1. Hyundai/kia/ford offer fixed 500-1k kWh of credits, maybe bmw is still offering 2?

Back