Delivery issues

onexcite

Cars
Air GT
Referral Code
8ESR31WQ
Hello everyone, I picked up my GT a week ago at night time and didn’t have enough time to look carefully. When I’m about to leave the service center, the rear right passenger door didn’t open from inside or outside, the tech came out and kicked it few times to get it open again. The next morning, the sunshade in the same door got stuck or very slow when moving up and down. Upon looking at the car, lot of red dust residues sticking at all the rubber seal inside and outside the car, I had to wash it multiple times to get it out but there were still more coming after driving. The wiper blade are dried and didn’t clean the windshield well causing extremely unsafe when driving in the rain. The car’s build date is 10/22 and had been sitting in Arizona’s weather for over a year and hence all the issues mentioned above. Car has some mildew smell so I looked for the cabin filter and I discovered the filter and the intake area covered in red dust and debris. The front wheel liner is missing 1 plastic clip and the rear trunk rubber got some melting/distortion. The lucid letter on the front also got scratched at the edges due to excessive polish for delivery. I can see some white residuals compound on the rubber gasket all around the car. I contacted my delivery advisor and provided him all the photos and video and was told service center will get back to me within 48 hours but it has been almost a week.

Today, I drove it in the morning and let it sit for few hours, when I tried to drive it again, the message brake system fault and automatic vehicle hold fault appeared and car won’t shift or do anything, trunk also won’t open, ac won’t work either. Contacted customer care and they will arrange for tow on Monday. Car got only 423 miles on the odometer.

Very frustrating.

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully Lucid will rectify all those things. Yeah, AZ sun can get pretty hot. I've had a few trim issues, very simple fixes, that Lucid addressed. Otherwise perfect! But mine was not a 2022 sitting in the sun for a year.

Amazingly, this morning everything working again. The messages went away, the trunk opened, AC, and heated seat all worked.

Attachments

• IMG_8250.jpg
    IMG_8250.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8251.jpg
    IMG_8251.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8092.jpg
    IMG_8092.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8093.jpg
    IMG_8093.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8096.jpg
    IMG_8096.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8099.jpg
    IMG_8099.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8100.jpg
    IMG_8100.jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8084.jpg
    IMG_8084.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully Lucid will rectify all those things. Yeah, AZ sun can get pretty hot. I've had a few trim issues, very simple fixes, that Lucid addressed. Otherwise perfect! But mine was not a 2022 sitting in the sun for a year.
Mine is 2023 but the build date is 10/22. My SA looked up and the car had been sitting at the factory for the whole time before being transferred to Seattle for delivery. I would suggest that people ask for newer build-date cars to avoid all the weather-related issues.

Mine is 2023 but the build date is 10/22. My SA looked up and the car had been sitting at the factory for the whole time before being transferred to Seattle for delivery. I would suggest that people ask for newer build-date cars to avoid all the weather-related issues.
Lucid service should be able to rectify trim/damage issues. Just drop it off. Might take a while though.

Back