Soft Reset Procedures

SDHacker

Verified Owner
Cars
Red GT
All owner initiated resets are considered soft resets. A Lucid tech can do a hard reset which I think involves physically disconnecting something (so maybe a power down?).

Turn Signal method1: Unlock door, open door, turn on turn signal in either direction, exit car, close door, lock door, walk away far enough for fob/mobile key to not be detected by car and wait for blinker to stop. Car has been reset. Note that the blinker is simply a timer which ensures we don't unlock the car before the reset completes.

Key Card method: Exit vehicle, close door, place key card above the B pillar camera to lock the car and walk away for a few minutes (a tech told an owner 10 seconds). Key card locking supposedly disables proximity sensing so you can stand near car and you may need to unlock manually.

Turn signal method1 and key card are Lucid provided/approved ways to reset the car.

The following are owner discovered/provided ways.

Bobby switch profile method: On right most cockpit panel screen, tap top left icon, switch to another profile, switch back to your profile. I think this is specific to screen/infotainment issues. @Bobby should correct/expand on this if required.

App car lock: Bring the Lucid app up, open door, lock car via app, close door, wait a few seconds, unlock normally.

Turn Signal method2: Follow directions for method1 BUT don't exit the car. There are actually 2 versions of this. One where you remain seated and the other where you lift your rear off the seat bottom to simulate exiting the car when you close the door and lock it (you can sit back down after the car is locked). You may need to put your fob in a faraday pouch and/or turn bluetooth for mobile key off.

Pilot Panel: The safest way to fully reboot the car is to press and hold the Air logo in the about tab in the settings menu on the Pilot Panel for 20 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going to edit the title

While I know the hard reboot isn't something we're supposed to use, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it listed here with the disclaimer in case someone is stuck on the side of the road and that actually fixes things for them.

You put your right foot in
You take your right foot out
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That’s what it’s all about

You put your left foot in
You take your left foot out
You put your left foot in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your right hand in
You take your right hand out
You put your right hand in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your left hand in
You take your left hand out
You put your left hand in
You do the hokey pokey

You put your whole self in
You take your whole self out
You put your whole self in
You do the hokey pokey

While I know the hard reboot isn't something we're supposed to use, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it listed here with the disclaimer in case someone is stuck on the side of the road and that actually fixes things for them.
I originally had the procedure in the post with that situation in mind but didn't want to document something that might show up in the logs and cause an out of warranty problem. While we all have the choice whether to use the procedure in whatever circumstance, I chose to not list something Lucid specifically told us to avoid using. I also didn't want to put the mods in a position of having to decide whether posting something that is potentially harmful requires their intervention or not. If someone else doesn't have those concerns, they can start their own thread. And thank you for not posting it here.

Since we've been told to not to do it, if that is your only recourse when all other resets have not worked, please obtain the procedure directly from Customer Care so they can log the incident directly.

To be clear: every single one of these resets except the Bobby and “no no” reset are exactly the same; I confirmed this previously with the software team. The turn signal is just an indicator to tell you when the car is off.

Every soft reset boils down to “lock the car and wait,” and the turn signal is just a helpful indicator for when you can stop waiting. Locking twice with the fob (till it honks) or locking with the key card disables proximity sensing temporarily, so that’s helpful, but it isn’t a strict requirement. Once the turn signal turns off, the car is reset.

The Bobby reset is an unintentional method of rebooting the infotainment system (due to how android automotive works, actually, not Lucid’s intention).

The “no no” reset is, in my estimation, equivalent to a “hard reboot” of a computer; the kind where you hold the power button down for 5 seconds and instantly cut all power to the machine. It may cause damage and requires more testing, hence why service doesn’t want people to use it unless extremely necessary and there are no other options.

I've done the blinker reset before while on the road where, upon returning to the car after the blinker stops flashing, there is a Lucid loading screen in the main display and then the gauge cluster appears after a few seconds. When I try doing the blinker reset at home the blinker goes off on its own, but the loading screen doesn't come up and it's just the standard instant on screens when I open the door. I've tried moving my key fobs farther away in the house, but is it reset if the blinker goes off even without the loading screen?

These methods demonstrate the need for Lucid to put an on screen restart/shutdown in the UI and a simple, approved (non-no-no) steering wheel button reset mechanism. Sometimes, exiting the vehicle may not be safe if a restart is required.

These methods demonstrate the need for Lucid to put an on screen restart/shutdown in the UI and a simple, approved (non-no-no) steering wheel button reset mechanism. Sometimes, exiting the vehicle may not be safe if a restart is required.
You don’t have to exit the vehicle to use the blinker reset. Just follow the steps to lock it, and when you unlock it just open and close the door as if you were entering the car.

Driving back from CA my nav system lost its mind. It showed the high level route, but nothing else. No way to cancel. So while charging at the EA station, I did the Bobby reset. That solved everything without interfering with my charge.

OBTW: When the car was delivered, they setup a profile called comfort. It put the seat far back and raised the steering wheel. The idea was to switch to comfort when I parked to assist with entry and exit. When I entered the vehicle, it would detect my face and go to my profile. So, effectively doing a Bobby reset every time I exited the car.

Anyone know what prompts the Lucid splash screen to show up on the cockpit, right, and pilot panels after a reset? I've tried the turn signal and valet card resets multiple times and most of the time when I go back to the car, the screens turn on as usual and show the speedometer, home screen, and vehicle screen, respectively. The one time I felt like my car truly reset and thus fixed my muffled audio issue, I noticed the Lucid logo and splash screen on all 3 panels when I opened the driver's door. It just makes me wonder if those other reset attempts actually did a system reset.

Anyone know what prompts the Lucid splash screen to show up on the cockpit, right, and pilot panels after a reset? I've tried the turn signal and valet card resets multiple times and most of the time when I go back to the car, the screens turn on as usual and show the speedometer, home screen, and vehicle screen, respectively. The one time I felt like my car truly reset and thus fixed my muffled audio issue, I noticed the Lucid logo and splash screen on all 3 panels when I opened the driver's door. It just makes me wonder if those other reset attempts actually did a system reset.
Those are just the loading screens. So if you have a truly deep reset, you should see those the first time you get in your car after a reset.

Those are just the loading screens. So if you have a truly deep reset, you should see those the first time you get in your car after a reset.
Is there a way to ensure a truly deep reset where you get the loading screens? Does not getting the loading screens mean your car didn't reset?

Is there a way to ensure a truly deep reset where you get the loading screens? Does not getting the loading screens mean your car didn't reset?
I think the best way to ensure it is to actually lock the car, as opposed to letting it lock via proximity, and stay away or prevent it from opening up again for 20 minutes. I seem to see those loading screens the most often when I do the reset procedure this way.

I have been doing the manual locks by pushing in the door handles any time I do a reset. I'll try the 20 minute shut down time next time.

I've noticed when I reset in my garage I don't see the loading screens, just regular instant on. When I reset when in a parking lot, or some other remote location, I get the loading screens. I'm thinking it has to do with it still detecting my key fobs or phone, but I'm not sure.

To be clear: every single one of these resets except the Bobby and “no no” reset are exactly the same; I confirmed this previously with the software team. The turn signal is just an indicator to tell you when the car is off.
Every soft reset boils down to “lock the car and wait,” and the turn signal is just a helpful indicator for when you can stop waiting. Locking twice with the fob (till it honks) or locking with the key card disables proximity sensing temporarily, so that’s helpful, but it isn’t a strict requirement. Once the turn signal turns off, the car is reset.
So in effect, the car is reset every night when it's locked up with the fob and stays undisturbed in the garage > 20 minutes.
Is it correct understanding of the current state of affairs?

Back