New owner with a few questions

codys21

Verified Owner
Hey, everyone. My wife and I got our Pure just a couple weeks ago and have some questions we couldn't easily find the answers to.
  1. Are the HVAC settings not linked to profile? If I load up my profile or she loads up hers, it seems the HVAC settings (including heated seat and steering wheel) are just set to whatever was last used instead of whatever was last used on that specific profile. Our 10 year old BMW can link a profile to each of the keys that remembers HVAC settings, radio volume, etc. but it seems the Air only remembers seat and mirror location (and doesn't even do that right most of the time). So, is that right? HVAC, seat heating, steering wheel heating are not linked to profile?
  2. Continuing from the last point a little: The driver's seat and mirrors often don't move when a new profile is manually or automatically selected. I believe the seat should be the very first thing to move when approaching the car with a key or when waking up/turning on the car with a phone. The setting that automatically restores profile stuff (whatever it's called) is turned on.
  3. Waking up the car with a phone only seems to load the previous profile, not the one that is connected to the phone. For example, my wife last drove the car and parked it in the garage. Later, I use the app to turn the heat on in the car and approach the car a few minutes later with the key and phone; however, the profile is still my wife's and therefore I need to manually switch the profiles which takes far too long and wait for everything to adjust.
  4. I believe this may be from the most recent update (2.1.52), but the car does not seem to lock when pushing the door handles in and instead needs to be manually locked from key or phone. (No key or phone was left in the vehicle during this time.)
  5. Approaching the car with only a connected phone (with app open and connected to car) (and proximity lock/unlock turned on) should unlock the car, right? Or is proximity unlock only with a key? I only just tried that today (to walk to the car with only a phone) and was surprised when the car didn't unlock automatically. I instead had to open the app and hit the unlock while I stood next to the car.
  6. How do we access HomeLink to open/close a door? We just connected HomeLink today to the car but have no idea how to actually use it. We parked the car in the driveway to connect to the garage door, connected HomeLink, then left the car in the sun during the day to help cure the PPF. Later, I went to pull in the garage, but I saw no option for HomeLink. I even backed up a bit and pulled forward but still nothing. Went back to the HomeLink settings and everything seems properly connected (and it worked during the initial setup phase), but I never saw any popup or anything anywhere on any of the screens to actually open a door. So, I just used a regular garage door opening instead. Really wish Lucid would've stuck with buttons on the rear-view mirror.
Thanks for all the help!

7. Is there a way to have the car lag the driver less when using highway assist? It seems it bugs the driver every 14 seconds to grab the steering wheel, even when it is being held. For example, when driving on a long, straight, flat freeway, my hand is holding the steering wheel at about 7 or 8 o'clock and just holding it straight because that's all that needs to be done. However, the car doesn't register my hand is touching the wheel and so every 14 seconds it makes me move the steering wheel so it knows I'm paying attention. Honestly, at this point, I think I'll be using adaptive cruise more often than HA, because it is just so annoying.

Are you sure you have your phone set up as a mobile key? The car should unlock on its own of the phone is set up (it sometimes takes a few seconds to unlock upon approach).

The homelink options can be accessed from the right Glass Cockpit screen. Hit the top left, above your avatar, and the homelink options are there.

The steering wheel only senses torque, not pressure, so just holding the wheel while using HA doesn't work. A few of us rest our hand at either 7 o'clock or 5 o'clock on the wheel and the weight of your hand is usually enough to keep the nagging at bay.

7. Is there a way to have the car lag the driver less when using highway assist? It seems it bugs the driver every 14 seconds to grab the steering wheel, even when it is being held. For example, when driving on a long, straight, flat freeway, my hand is holding the steering wheel at about 7 or 8 o'clock and just holding it straight because that's all that needs to be done. However, the car doesn't register my hand is touching the wheel and so every 14 seconds it makes me move the steering wheel so it knows I'm paying attention. Honestly, at this point, I think I'll be using adaptive cruise more often than HA, because it is just so annoying.
I had this problem when wearing sunglasses. Very annoying so I just turned off the driver attentiveness setting. I usually drive with hands a 10 and 2 o'clock positions.

Hey, everyone. My wife and I got our Pure just a couple weeks ago and have some questions we couldn't easily find the answers to.
  1. Are the HVAC settings not linked to profile? If I load up my profile or she loads up hers, it seems the HVAC settings (including heated seat and steering wheel) are just set to whatever was last used instead of whatever was last used on that specific profile. Our 10 year old BMW can link a profile to each of the keys that remembers HVAC settings, radio volume, etc. but it seems the Air only remembers seat and mirror location (and doesn't even do that right most of the time). So, is that right? HVAC, seat heating, steering wheel heating are not linked to profile?
  2. Continuing from the last point a little: The driver's seat and mirrors often don't move when a new profile is manually or automatically selected. I believe the seat should be the very first thing to move when approaching the car with a key or when waking up/turning on the car with a phone. The setting that automatically restores profile stuff (whatever it's called) is turned on.
  3. Waking up the car with a phone only seems to load the previous profile, not the one that is connected to the phone. For example, my wife last drove the car and parked it in the garage. Later, I use the app to turn the heat on in the car and approach the car a few minutes later with the key and phone; however, the profile is still my wife's and therefore I need to manually switch the profiles which takes far too long and wait for everything to adjust.
  4. I believe this may be from the most recent update (2.1.52), but the car does not seem to lock when pushing the door handles in and instead needs to be manually locked from key or phone. (No key or phone was left in the vehicle during this time.)
  5. Approaching the car with only a connected phone (with app open and connected to car) (and proximity lock/unlock turned on) should unlock the car, right? Or is proximity unlock only with a key? I only just tried that today (to walk to the car with only a phone) and was surprised when the car didn't unlock automatically. I instead had to open the app and hit the unlock while I stood next to the car.
  6. How do we access HomeLink to open/close a door? We just connected HomeLink today to the car but have no idea how to actually use it. We parked the car in the driveway to connect to the garage door, connected HomeLink, then left the car in the sun during the day to help cure the PPF. Later, I went to pull in the garage, but I saw no option for HomeLink. I even backed up a bit and pulled forward but still nothing. Went back to the HomeLink settings and everything seems properly connected (and it worked during the initial setup phase), but I never saw any popup or anything anywhere on any of the screens to actually open a door. So, I just used a regular garage door opening instead. Really wish Lucid would've stuck with buttons on the rear-view mirror.
Thanks for all the help!
My hubby and I both have profiles, and we often go from one to the other. My observations are a little different than yours.
#1 is correct. The seat heating/cooling, temperature and steering wheel HVAC defaults to last used, rather than profile. It really should be linked to profile instead, I should add that to the request list. But with #2 and #3, our car loads seat and mirror positions based on profile all the time. If just one of us is at the car, it always turns on to that profile, and adjusts accordingly. It sometimes will see the wrong one if we walk up to it together. It really is sensing what fob/phone is near the car rather than who is by the driver's door. So if he's driving, I'll usually let him go into the garage first.
#4 and #5 - The door handle lock/unlock also works, at least on my GT, even after the latest update. I used that to unlock it this morning. I think this is just my car, but while I can approach it later in the day with my fob or phone, and have it unlock when I'm near, in the morning I have to press the handle to open it.

Are you sure you have your phone set up as a mobile key? The car should unlock on its own of the phone is set up (it sometimes takes a few seconds to unlock upon approach).

The homelink options can be accessed from the right Glass Cockpit screen. Hit the top left, above your avatar, and the homelink options are there.

The steering wheel only senses torque, not pressure, so just holding the wheel while using HA doesn't work. A few of us rest our hand at either 7 o'clock or 5 o'clock on the wheel and the weight of your hand is usually enough to keep the nagging at bay.
Yes, definitely set up as a mobile key because I was able to put the car into gear with only my phone and PIN. (I assume that's what the mobile key means.)

Thanks, I'll take a look for the HomeLink option there.

Ok, so the car wants me applying unnecessary torque to the steering wheel. Doesn't seem like the best habit.

I had this problem when wearing sunglasses. Very annoying so I just turned off the driver attentiveness setting. I usually drive with hands a 10 and 2 o'clock positions.
The car camera can't even see my face, anyways. The steering wheel is in a comfortable position and that seems more important than having the camera/sensor see my face. I'm pretty sure I have the driver attentiveness setting on, but I just have a little warning light that says it can't see my face.

My hubby and I both have profiles, and we often go from one to the other. My observations are a little different than yours.
#1 is correct. The seat heating/cooling, temperature and steering wheel HVAC defaults to last used, rather than profile. It really should be linked to profile instead, I should add that to the request list. But with #2 and #3, our car loads seat and mirror positions based on profile all the time. If just one of us is at the car, it always turns on to that profile, and adjusts accordingly. It sometimes will see the wrong one if we walk up to it together. It really is sensing what fob/phone is near the car rather than who is by the driver's door. So if he's driving, I'll usually let him go into the garage first.
#4 and #5 - The door handle lock/unlock also works, at least on my GT, even after the latest update. I used that to unlock it this morning. I think this is just my car, but while I can approach it later in the day with my fob or phone, and have it unlock when I'm near, in the morning I have to press the handle to open it.
That's definitely too bad that those very important settings that can be completely different between profiles do not actually link to profile. And, what makes matters considerably worse, is that those items (other than interior temp) cannot be adjusted on the app. (I know the app adjustments are a pretty well requested item.)
Glad to hear yours loads appropriately based on profile. We've had problems with this since day one. Today was an especially weird occurrence. I was in the car messing with the HomeLink stuff and the car decided it wanted to shut off (all screens, fans, etc. turned off). I opened the door to wake the car back up (don't know if that's the way to do it) and the alarm went off. So I opened my app and locked/unlocked the doors. Then the car turned back on and started going back to my wife's profile (and moving the seat). This all happened while both keys and my wife's phone were all at least 50 ft away and only my phone was near the car. Absolutely no idea why the car decided to do that but it was all annoying.

Yes, definitely set up as a mobile key because I was able to put the car into gear with only my phone and PIN. (I assume that's what the mobile key means.)
You don't need the pin if your phone is recognized as the key. Go into your Lucid app on your phone and hit the phone icon in the top right. It should show that your car is linked. If it doesn't, you need to go through the steps to link your phone as key, which the app will walk you through.

The phone app can unlock the car by manually hitting the button, which is what it sounds like you're doing. You can then drive the car using the pin, which is used when a key isn't recognized.

Was in the middle of typing the same thing as @Neurio, but I'll add Lucid's video which explains how to set up mobile key:

Glad to hear yours loads appropriately based on profile. We've had problems with this since day one. Today was an especially weird occurrence. I was in the car messing with the HomeLink stuff and the car decided it wanted to shut off (all screens, fans, etc. turned off). I opened the door to wake the car back up (don't know if that's the way to do it) and the alarm went off. So I opened my app and locked/unlocked the doors. Then the car turned back on and started going back to my wife's profile (and moving the seat). This all happened while both keys and my wife's phone were all at least 50 ft away and only my phone was near the car. Absolutely no idea why the car decided to do that but it was all annoying
This is all because the car didn't sense a key and shut down/went to sleep. It seems to be defaulting to your wife's profile for some reason, but once you get your phone key set up, I'd imagine it'll function more appropriately.

You don't need the pin if your phone is recognized as the key. Go into your Lucid app on your phone and hit the phone icon in the top right. It should show that your car is linked. If it doesn't, you need to go through the steps to link your phone as key, which the app will walk you through.

The phone app can unlock the car by manually hitting the button, which is what it sounds like you're doing. You can then drive the car using the pin, which is used when a key isn't recognized.
Was in the middle of typing the same thing as @Neurio, but I'll add Lucid's video which explains how to set up mobile key:
So my phone is set up as a mobile key but wasn't being recognized because I keep my location off. I turned location on and it immediately recognized it as a mobile key. Which is too bad because I keep my location off. Why does it need location? Isn't Bluetooth enough?

This is all because the car didn't sense a key and shut down/went to sleep. It seems to be defaulting to your wife's profile for some reason, but once you get your phone key set up, I'd imagine it'll function more appropriately.
Kind of the same as my previous reply. Isn't Bluetooth enough for the car to recognize my phone inside the cabin of the car?

Kind of the same as my previous reply. Isn't Bluetooth enough for the car to recognize my phone inside the cabin of the car?
I think your reply got lost? All I see is quotes. Mobile key is a separate bluetooth pairing from the one that gives you audio or CarPlay. You'll see two paired Lucid devices in your phone's bluetooth settings if it's set up - I have "Lucid Air XYZ" and "Lucid-ABCDEF".

So my phone is set up as a mobile key but wasn't being recognized because I keep my location off. I turned location on and it immediately recognized it as a mobile key. Which is too bad because I keep my location off. Why does it need location? Isn't Bluetooth enough?
I have no idea why it's needed, but it definitely won't work without location enabled. I used to turn off my location at home to disable the mobile key to prevent frequent unlocking. Some recent update borked this workaround so that I'd have to restart my phone to get mobile key to work. It seems like they may have fixed this, so I'll try it again.
I think your reply got lost? All I see is quotes. Mobile key is a separate bluetooth pairing from the one that gives you audio or CarPlay. You'll see two paired Lucid devices in your phone's bluetooth settings if it's set up - I have "Lucid Air XYZ" and "Lucid-ABCDEF".
He was referring to his reply to my prior post, which was just above the post you replied to.

He was referring to his reply to my prior post, which was just above the post you replied to.
Forum glitch, that post was empty when I loaded. Oh well.

My (only slightly educated and very possibly incorrect) understanding of the location requirement is that for bluetooth beaconing in the background, the Lucid app registers a "region" around the car's last known location. When your phone enters this region it will give the app a kick to let it know it should be looking for the car. Otherwise it won't do anything to save battery.

I have no idea why it's needed, but it definitely won't work without location enabled. I used to turn off my location at home to disable the mobile key to prevent frequent unlocking. Some recent update borked this workaround so that I'd have to restart my phone to get mobile key to work. It seems like they may have fixed this, so I'll try it again.

Specifically, it needs precise location. This is actually for security, I would imagine - harder to spoof a BLE *and* GPS connection, maybe? Either way, precise location is definitely required.

Specifically, it needs precise location. This is actually for security, I would imagine - harder to spoof a BLE *and* GPS connection, maybe? Either way, precise location is definitely required.
Only on iPhones. Android Mobile key no longer requires location.

Back