Profile switching/not switching is driving me nuts

codys21

Verified Owner
My wife and I have had our car for just over a month and the profile situation is driving me nuts. Our 2016 BMW has profiles linked to a key fob and doesn't have these issues.

What happened today was beyond crazy. I had to drop her off at work today so we switched it to my profile when we got in the car because it didn't switch automatically. In the evening, I had to pick her up and thought I'd try using only the mobile key for the first time so I approached the car with the app already loaded and gps on, and the car remained locked. I opened the app and unlocked the doors, let the dogs in the back, opened the front, and somehow her profile was loaded! She was gone all day and my profile was last used. How does that happen??

But the fun doesn't end there. When I got in, I switched it to my profile, closed the door once I could fit in, and the screens all went black. Turns out the car didn't recognize my phone? My phone is connected as a mobile key (I doubled checked the key section in profiles and access and double checked my phone afterwards). So I opened the door to go back in the house and grab my fob and the burglar alarm turned on. I opened the Lucid app again and locked the car to turn off the alarm. Then I went inside, grabbed my fob, went back to the car, and it was on her profile again!!!

I just don't understand what happened or how it happened. There are so many software things that absolutely irritate me. The hardware (ride quality, smoothness, quietness, fit and finish, etc.) all seem great, but I despise the software. (The profile issue is one of many things but the base of this post.)

My wife and I have had our car for just over a month and the profile situation is driving me nuts. Our 2016 BMW has profiles linked to a key fob and doesn't have these issues.

What happened today was beyond crazy. I had to drop her off at work today so we switched it to my profile when we got in the car because it didn't switch automatically. In the evening, I had to pick her up and thought I'd try using only the mobile key for the first time so I approached the car with the app already loaded and gps on, and the car remained locked. I opened the app and unlocked the doors, let the dogs in the back, opened the front, and somehow her profile was loaded! She was gone all day and my profile was last used. How does that happen??

But the fun doesn't end there. When I got in, I switched it to my profile, closed the door once I could fit in, and the screens all went black. Turns out the car didn't recognize my phone? My phone is connected as a mobile key (I doubled checked the key section in profiles and access and double checked my phone afterwards). So I opened the door to go back in the house and grab my fob and the burglar alarm turned on. I opened the Lucid app again and locked the car to turn off the alarm. Then I went inside, grabbed my fob, went back to the car, and it was on her profile again!!!

I just don't understand what happened or how it happened. There are so many software things that absolutely irritate me. The hardware (ride quality, smoothness, quietness, fit and finish, etc.) all seem great, but I despise the software. (The profile issue is one of many things but the base of this post.)
Delete both profiles add one in as mobile key and the other as a fob, don't carry both with you. Report back 😁

Delete both profiles add one in as mobile key and the other as a fob, don't carry both with you. Report back 😁
Will deleting profiles also delete all the settings like seats and homelink?

Will deleting profiles also delete all the settings like seats and homelink?
Unfortunately yes. You can try unlinking the keys and then relinking them using 1 for 1 and one for the other.

This is why we use fobs only, and keep the one which is not in current use in a Faraday bag.

How certain are you you don’t have a stray fob in your car?

100%. Both are next to each other hanging on the key rack in the house.
Fair enough; was worth asking. My wife’s fob was “lost” and in the car, and picked her profile every time I walked up and drove me nuts, until she eventually tried to drive and realized that she didn’t have her key 😆

Fair enough; was worth asking. My wife’s fob was “lost” and in the car, and picked her profile every time I walked up and drove me nuts, until she eventually tried to drive and realized that she didn’t have her key 😆
Haha I feel like that's a lot like the "did you try restarting it" that is the first question that IT always asks.

Haha I feel like that's a lot like the "did you try restarting it" that is the first question that IT always asks.
Yes, except in my case I have 3 fobs now and only two of them work, but because I haven’t used a fob in over a year I have no idea which one that is 😆 I’ll have to figure that out.

The third one is gonna get pulled apart for me to play with 😈

Back